Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I fully doubt that a CD stage in Mania would have the same problems. I doubt they'd go for time travel and even if they did it'd probably just be a set dressing thing for one or two levels more than a required gameplay mechanic in a stage with an exploration focus. It'll probably just be Stardust Speedway but enough time has passed that it's permanently Good Future except there's badniks there and Metal Sonic is the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

All of Sonic 4's songs felt like they were only 1/3 complete as well.

There's a song in Episode 2 that sounds like some eclectic clown bullshit and then hard drops into Twinkle Park at the end. I don't know why they did that because sampling a familiar melody, even if only doing it for 10 seconds, reminds me what actual music is supposed to sound like, but it also feels like you're trampling on Twinkle Park's good name. It's the same with how they use Stardust Speedway at the end, it's simultaneously a relief and sacrilegious. If Episode 2 had been all that came of Sonic 4 I feel like Sega would have a lot less to be ashamed of, but there's no defending the soundtrack.

Speaking of which, Stardust Speedway was one of a few stages in CD that had dope music on both soundtracks, I hope they give us a medley of both in Mania so everyone can be happy. I'm mostly Team JP/EU Soundtrack but Tidal Tempest US is way loving better.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 30, 2017

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Splats I love the Mania team's deep cuts so much.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Get with the times, "cuck" is the all-purpose mean internet word that means "whoever I don't like on the internet" now, autistic is so 2009

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Generations & Colors work and do better at the Sonic format for me because there's some depth to them, they're not just straight, unengaging shots to the end like Adventure 2 or Heroes. The thing they succeed at isn't making Sonic go very fast, it's that there's actual stage design in any sense of the word to them. They've got that higher = faster but harder to stay on stage design, and speed is a reward even if it's not quite as noticeable given that you're already going really fast all the time.

I think the format could stand to use some healthy innovation but I don't really think we'll get it out of Sega, I'd kinda rather see them rehash this one good thing they struck upon than gently caress with it past the point of return, even if it's starting to get a bit tired.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'm the one single human being on Earth hoping for Amy DLC in Mania, I love the romhacks that adapt her Advance 1 gameplay to the classic games and I think a fully realized version of that gameplay not constrained to romhack limitations would onw

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

I can't wait to punch badniks with Knuckles.

You knwo what would be rad? I wa sthinking about this when Iwas playing Sonic 3 C. I want a redone Knuckles boss fight. I know we all love and adore Sonic 3 and knuckles but...sigh...that knuckles fight was like the most anticlimactic thing of my entire childhood. There, I said it.

Knuckles seems to have varied layouts from Sonic & Tails, like in 3&K. Points to him having a different story again. I could see a Knuckles fight happening with that in mind, and I really can't imagine they wouldn't do Lava Reef & Hidden Palace (if only so they could sneak in some Sonic 2 beta goofs). Who else would be the boss of that?? I kinda hope they lean into that little quirk of S3&K and just give us full-on Meta Knuckmare Returns with some new endbosses.

On a similar note, I hope Stardust Speedway has a fight against Tails Doll & Metal Knuckles depending on your character :3:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I liked Mega Man 10 fine but I didn't really feel like they needed to do an 8-bit throwback twice. I'd feel the same way about a Mania 2 probably.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

You just reminded me of a weird little secret in Sonic and Knuckles that I think only I know about...and I'll share it with you.

Knuckles has a hidden animation in Sky Sanctuary Zone that I found as a kid that I've literally never seen discussed anywhere ever so I like to tell myself only I know about it. When Knuckles jumps off screen to connect the bridge to you , if you stand like 2 character widths to his right and crouch he'll do a special animation. I won't spoil what it is here here just go try it!

I found this as a kid but as an adult, I never got all the emeralds as a kid so I always thought Knuckles loving died when Sky Sanctuary falls apart until Adventure 1 came out. I was legit really confused why Knuckles was alive again, in fact.

As an adult I could never get the animation to repeat and figured it was something I had made up until I accidentally got it to work again like 2 years ago.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I like the characters :shobon: I'm not saying go crazy with them, but there's character archetypes that have worked well in classic Sonic romhacks and given this game's root in romhacks, it would be really neat to see some of that explored. And if it's DLC, folks who react negatively to it can opt out.

You also wouldn't really be obligated to play as them in Mania, nor would gameplay really differ in substantial ways. Adding Amy to the game wouldn't mean Sonic has to suddenly gently caress off for 3 stages to do a janky puzzle stage, it's just an option there for people who want it. (and for the record I don't expect them to do this, it's just nice to daydream.)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Then you my friend have not played as Vector the Crocodile in Sonic 1, who can loving airdash for some reason despite being a crocodile and it rules

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Emong posted:

Mighty deserves to be in a game again :colbert:

There was an old Sonic website around the time of Heroes's pre-release where you could send questions in and Sonic himself would answer them. Someone asked Sonic where Mighty & Ray and a bunch of old characters were and if they'd ever be in a game again and Sonic said that he "didn't know where they are."

It gives me the mental image of Sonic searching the mountains every day for Ray the Squirrel like Mother 3

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I know the 2011 remake runs at a solid 60 fps, I don't know if that's the case for the original Sega CD & PC releases. That could make a huge difference.

EDIT: Oh poo poo it's also possibly a matter of the loading times for the time warps.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Kikas posted:

What about Metal Overlord from Sonic Heroes?

They're counting specifically different robot Sonic entities I think, rather than different designs.

Archie it gets a little blurry since it's implied Eggman has been cranking out Metal Sonics like they're chump change there. In the current continuity he's even already been through two different Tails Dolls. That said I think Mecha Sonic no. 29 is just normal Metal Sonic with some jets attached anyway. There's a lot of loving Metal Sonics though.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

No. Tails invented Mecha Sonic no. 29 to spy on the Death Egg II in the intro to Sonic the Fighters.

Oh poo poo, that's right. I can't believe I've been bested at Sonic lore?!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Like, if I had to incorporate Shadow into Mania, I would make the central joke of the character be that he doesn't fit. He's ultra-serious in a world that is decidedly not at all serious, and gets constantly taken down a peg for it. This is, to my understanding, also pretty much what the Flynn comics did with him.

This is basically what the Shadow the Hedgehog is to me. He's a giant tryhard but very sincere about it.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Mikedawson posted:

The Archie Sonic Comics are super good, but are on indefinite hiatus at best. Still, they did manage the finish the main reboot storyline, so it's worth checking out.

I'd say one of the best things about the comics is that Ian Flynn and company know how to use the wide cast of characters to their full potential. Knowing just who to use and how to use them gives a lot of fun scenarios for them to work with.

I think I've said this once before, but to fully appreciate Sonic you need to look at it holistically. Every part has something to offer, even the bad parts, whether it be genuine fun or amusing absurdity.

The Archie Sonics are good to me for the same reason I think Mania is good thing: Sega bringing the franchise to really talented fans who care about Sonic more than anyone actually at Sega likely ever has. I don't blame anyone if for one reason or another you're still not interested in the Flynn comics but they're so filled with love for the entire franchise and it's the most anyone has ever managed to make Sonic's world Make Sense™ and it really appeals to me on that level.

Plus Archie Sonic is probably the springboard that launched Tyson Hesse into doing animations for Sonic Mania so we all have that to be thankful for

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 1, 2017

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Colors was fresh at the time, but Pontac and Graff's formula has just worn thin after several years of it.

I think the tone of Unleashed thru Generations was ideal, but Lost World got a little weird. I definitely agree their writing has gotten tired, and more than anything I'd really love to see Ian Flynn start writing the cutscenes & dialogue for Sega.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I like Scourge less for being Evil Sonic and more because I think the idea of a deadbeat piece of poo poo biker hedgehog is really good. He's like an inverse OC, instead of being a cooler version of an existing character he's Sonic as a complete piece of garbage.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jun 4, 2017

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

XavierGenisi posted:

Sonic 4 Episode 1 is a supreme dumpster fire that looks bad and plays awfully and sounds garbage.

Episode 2 still sounds bad, and still isn't really great, but it's better than the tire fire that is Episode 1. Sonic CD is still way better than Sonic 4, even though it's still a weird game for a lot of reasons.

Sonic 4 Episode 2... at least doesn't feel like a sacrilegious use of the name "Sonic 4". It's not great but it doesn't disgust me, it's below average but not abysmal. I'd put it above Advance 2.

I was also really disappointed to hear they were rolling with Chemical Plant again but I'm pleasantly surprised with how they freshened it up. Chemical Plant was already one of Generations's best levels so I didn't think they'd have any room to make it feel new again, but they did so really well. I think the "Act 1 is an homage, Act 2 is a remix" format works really well from what we've seen so far.

I do hope there's another Sonic 2 stage though... Would it be reasonable to expect something like 2 stages from each of the 5 classic titles, 5 new stages for all the Heavies and a 6th new final stage (with maybe a 7th for the Super battle)? Sonic 3&K had 11 full stages combined with 2 one act stages and a final boss zone, so 16 seems about right to me for Mania.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 8, 2017

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Shadow Fall - "Shadow and Team Dark fight the last remnants of the Black Arms, who have created an evil counterpart of Shadow designed to be better than him in every way" sounds like a bad fanfic. What makes this storyarc work is that it leans into it, with Ian showing self awareness about it and making Eclipse not so much a parody of fan characters but someone who completely fails at being one despite trying as hard as possible to do so, coming off more as a kid who's completely in over his head than a cackling evil overlord in both this and follow-up arcs. It also manages to use the Black Arms effectively, which considering they're some of the worst villains from the games, is a hell of an accomplishment.[/list]

It's really very good and the story is really a great example of how to write Shadow well. He spends all of this time brooding over a guy named "Eclipse the Darkling" who is very much just a really sad little kid who relies on animal friends, and it's all very played up. Eclipse is almost definitely a take on fan characters but without feeling embarassing or mean. The story is a testament to both how much Ian Flynn understands the Sonic world and his overall skill as a writer.

The comic I always recommend folks start with is Treasure Team Tango, it's a Sonic Universe arc that focuses on a bunch of side characters getting into a giant standoff over an emerald. It's pre-reboot but doesn't really get into any characters far beyond the scope of the games, and it's a peek into a world where the various Sonic friends are distinct and fun and well-written instead of extraneous. Bean the Dynamite is there and he makes a Homestar Runner reference. It was tailor made for me. It's Amy-centric and Amy is so loving cool in Flynn's comics.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm gonna be the voice of dissention and say I prefer modern Sonic. He just looks more athletic and like something I can picture running fast.

That being said, Classic Sonic being round and chubby is kind of a Flanderized version of the design that's been perpetuated since Generations... which is based on concept and early art more than most of the stuff used in the Genesis era. You can see the start of the evolution into Modern Sonic in his CD cutscene designs, which flares his spikes out more. I also feel like his sprites started evolving him into a character with longer legs and a slimmer build, culminating in the version we see in S3&K being a bridge between Classic and what we got in Adventure.

Honestly, the best versions of Classic Sonic's design are the ones where he's THINNER, with a smaller torso and more emphasis on the head and limbs, ala Sonic CD and how Tyson Hesse draws him.

I also feel like a lot of Modern Sonic's look is to give him a distinct silhouette from behind. A consistent problem in the Genesis era was that "3D" perspectives in games like Sonic 2, S3&K, and 3D Blast made him look less like Sonic and more like a blue Christmas tree.

If you put a gun to my head I'd choose Classic Sonic just because I eat up that aesthetic, the halfway between Astro Boy & classic Mickey Mouse injected with vibrant, gaudy 90's radical colors. But I don't hate the modern designs and I think there's good things about them, mostly I love the Sonic Adventure official artwork so much. I think the problem with how modern Sonic games look is less the character designs, which I feel are strong, and more that there's not really any sort of aesthetic to Sonic's world once he leaves the Genesis. There are some visually strong stages (Pumpkin Hill, Hot Shelter, Speed Highway and City Escape are the ones that immediately come to mind) but they are the exception rather than the norm. There's not a lot of style to Adventure 1 thru 06.

Sonic Unleashed & Colors are leagues better about the visual design of their games but still don't feel QUITE as distinct as the classics to me. And then Lost World just feels like it's aping Mario Galaxy too hard.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 9, 2017

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Mmm yeah, I think you're right. I think that my problem is just that those games don't really share much in common visually, less than that they don't have any identity. I was a big Sega kid growing up and moved onto the Gamecube once the Dreamcast died, and I had this revelation that stuck with me that all the Mario games had a distinct feeling that they shared a universe even when they toyed with visuals--Paper Mario 2 still felt like it took place in the same world as Mario Kart because they shared a visual identity. Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 both look completely different from each other and visually have little in common. That doesn't necessarily make it fair to say they're visually weak. I'm realizing I never really updated that opinion for the last 12 or 13 years or thought about it any harder than this.

The ugliest Sonic design is definitely the western classic Sonic with his terrible sphere head.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Andre Banzai posted:

What the hell? Did that magazine screw up and leak that picture?

The E3 demo has 7 stages, both acts of Green Hill & Chemical Plant, Studiopolis 1, Flying Battery 1 and Mirage Saloon 2. Green Hill has its boss in the demo.

Technically, a few journalists have fought the Green Hill Act 2 boss at previous press events but weren't allowed to talk about it or show it off; I think the boss has been in every screening of the game so far but it just wasn't permitted to be discussed, because all the footage of Green Hill 2 always stops right before passing into the boss screen. If anything I'm surprised it's stayed hidden for so long with this in mind.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think the Sonic X cartoon actually explains this in that Sonic & friends are from Möbius and came to Earth before Sonic Adventure.

But yet, Eggman is also from the Mobius dimension, but finds out his grandpa was from the Earth dimension, and they briefly bring this up as a major plot twist and nothing ever comes of it. I never really liked this explanation for a lot of reasons not worth getting into.

Sonic X is like, the depths of Sonic to me. There's not really anything exceptionally bad but it is so profoundly mediocre and confused. Sonic is a weird hedonist who doesn't really want to do anything, ever. There's a bizarre episode titled "The Adventures of Knuckles and Hawk" where Knuckles teams up with a completely generic archaeologist man named Hawk, and they find a Chaos Emerald. Later in the show there's a Sonic Battle adaptation that's a DBZ tournament arc and Hawk, this completely generic man, is one of the competitors. Tails wants to gently caress a flower. There's a man who drives a Formula 1 racecar and he's also a cop and the racecar is his cop car, and he gets mad that Sonic exists because he hates that something is faster than his car. Evil Sonic is hyped up in a lot of promotional material but only shows up for like 3 seconds because Eggman calms him back down into Normal Sonic. Sonic shrugs off a meeting with the president to take a physically disabled young girl on in adventure, and in a battle scene he uses this girl's wheelchair to go very fast, and despite the weird tastelessness of Sonic using a disabled person for stunts I saw a Tumblr post once about how progressive Sonic X was for this scene. The famous Sonic vs. Shadow final boss fight from SA2 is just them running on a treadmill and making faces at each other. The dub is where Mike Pollock gets his start but he sounds completely weak at it, and it's the weird sensation of simultaneously very definitely being the iconic Eggman voice and also not at all Eggman. Rouge the Bat has a bath scene. There's a baseball episode where they all play baseball for a Chaos Emerald that is unironically the one good episode of the entire show.

Sonic X is insane. It's not the same exact flavor of insane as Penders or 06 but it's very far out there and it amazes me that it exists because it was so directly crafted by Sega. While it isn't crazy for the same reasons 06 is, I'd say there's a similar causation--Sega just had some really buckwild ideas of what Sonic the Hedgehog needed to be at the time that they just wouldn't back down on.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The interview is so loving good because it gives me the idea that no one at Sega has thought about Sonic for more than two seconds.

There's so much going on with the answer about Mighty the Armadillo. He only exists in the "Classic World?" Is Classic Sonic another dimension now when two games ago it was the past? Is the world Mighty is from merely the World of 1995, his last game appearance, and while he still exists in the past he is not allowed to exist at any point of time past 1995? Is it just that the world we live in changed so much in 1996 that we simply couldn't have a character like Mighty going forward? Or is the classic end of the franchise still the past, and Mighty just phased out of existence when all his friends grow up? Did Mighty die off-screen?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Was ken penders the weirdo who wrote himself into the universe as a self-insert love interest to a beautiful furry femme fatale or was that some other weird gay thread I post in. Serious question.

I think this was Geoffrey St. John, who I don't... THINK started as a self-insert so directly but kiiiinda became one. If you watched the Cybershell video on the Archie comics you should know about him--he eventually marries Hershey, the horrifying human proportions sexycat who was tricked into putting on a Sonic mask and assassinating Sally.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Hershey and Geoffery hooking up was done by Karl Bollers.

Ahh. Sorry, I shouldn't act like I kept the writers straight for any of this.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

New footage, including our first listen to Green Hill Zone Act 2 and the boss theme. Seems like they made some small changes to the Mirage Saloon Act 2 music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB9RP2SV8HY

"Tales"

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 13, 2017

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

If they were doing the Unleashed style hub stages, they ought to bring him back as just some random NPC.

Like, have him run a stall that sells "I Love Empire City" ball caps.

Kirby has a villain named Magolor who tried to destroyed the universe, but lost, and promptly decided to move on to making shady theme parks and operating microtransaction stores, which is my favorite thing ever. Can't beat the hero, might as well scam them.

Just apply that principle to any lovely one-off Sonic villain and you'd have something great.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Skeletome posted:

1 and 2 for the best 100 words defending your favourite of Sonic's friends that everyone else hates. Why is Big the Cat great? Why should we care about the Babylon Rogues? Any character outside of the Tails and Knuckles basically

Big & Sonic have a lot in common. Both characters are relaxed, easygoing, they care about their friends and their world. Their only difference is the pace at which they live. Who are we to judge Big for daring to live slow in such a fastpaced world?

Big deserves better.

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah. Based on how act 2 starts I feel like we're probably going to have a miniboss at the end of every act 1 too.

I think the new stages (Studiopolis, Mirage Saloon etc.) might not have minibosses, Studiopolis Act 1 ends with you passing a signpost traditionally and there's unique behavior for it (it flies up into the air after you run past it, so you can juggle it like after you clear a miniboss). This fits with the Heavies being bigger boss encounters.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

For most of my life even dating back to when I was, like, 8, I thought the SatAM characters were really bad. It's a little funny to me that just as I finally grow to really like Sally Acorn, she's dead for real.

They will also never use Big the Cat again except as a punchline in a meme tweet, which I find sad too. The creative team they had working on the Sonic in recent years was incredibly talented all around and showed more care for the characters and world than Sega has in years. I hope that when Mania inevitably sells gangbusters, it teaches Sega a very practical lesson about letting people who actually give a poo poo about Sonic go wild with the license and they keep Flynn, Yardley, Hesse and everyone else in mind for the future.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

A detail I find interesting is that the time trial mode doesn't have boss fights...

I wonder if this means Christian Whitehead finally gets to make his boss rush mode

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I won't be satisfied with Sonic fanservice until we get a boss fight where Sonic must fight the Segasonic Bros. or Sister Sonic

Eggman crafts holograms to taunt Sonic with the family he can never have

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Forces looks worse than Generations, better than Lost World, just solidly okay to me. I'll get it and probably enjoy it but the gameplay footage we've seen has some issues; it's looked a little off to me and no matter how good it is I don't think I could ever get as pumped for it as with Mania.

I will very sincerely make my own OC and give him a name and draw fanart of him because literally one of my greatest life regrets is that I never made a Sonic fancharacter when I was 10.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Ventana posted:

We've only seen like, 1/2 of a zone so far and it seemed okay but not special. Though the game has a lot of chatter ala Star Fox now, which is really weird imo

Chatter is fine with me, better than big cutscenes in the middle of levels, as long as it's not Omochao levels of obnoxious help-giving and they don't tell me about homing shots.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Debug mode in Sonic 2 iOS had AoSTH-colored Grounder in Aquatic Ruin so I am wholly expecting some weird-rear end Scratch & Grounder pulls in Mania

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Larryb posted:

I think the only bad Robotnik actor was Gary Chalk in Sonic Underground, all the others had some personality to them but that one in my opinion just made him sound like a generic villain.

I would say that Mike Pollock's very early Eggman performances in Sonic X were pretty rough, he also kind of voiced him as a generic bad guy at first. I felt like he started getting into the character better once they moved him onto the games and by Unleashed he had become a top tier Egg for sure

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've been reading the Archie Sonic comics the past couple days and they're pretty neat. (I'm on issue 19 or so. Penders is probably right on the horizon.) It's cool how it takes from seemingly all of the Sonic shows (minus the weird rock band one.) and games. I didn't realize Scratch and Grounder, and Coconuts we in it. It's starting to get more dramatic. We'll see how long until it starts to wane. I'm looking forward to this comics evolution.

Whenever it starts to wane for you (it's a matter of taste for a lot of folks, I can't stand most of the oldest material at all, but the only consensus is that it eventually does start to wane), skip ahead to Ian Flynn's run for sure. He starts around... #160 but #252 is where the reboot goes down if you want a lot of the cruft to get peeled away.

I've said it a million times in this thread but Flynn's run is great for the same reason Mania is great, it's Sonic comics done by people who completely and sincerely love this bizarre franchise for all that it is and will cram every story and every page with some fun little detail. If you like how all-encompassing the comics are it only gets crazier once people who have actually played the video games get on-board.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

VJeff posted:

Pollock and Griffith really genuinely came into their own starting with Unleashed. It's not a coincidence that this was after any 4Kids influence was completely gone from the series.

It's kind of a shame because Griffith really was getting better with each game before he got dumped for Smith. Who, give him his credit, has been great.

Yeah I didn't mind Griffith's Sonic at that point but the rest of the cast besides him and Pollock were really not great. The 4kids Tails and Amy were pretty bad.

I think the current Tails actress is the best voice he's ever had and while Smith voices Sonic very differently from everyone who's taken the role I really like the spin he has on the character. His Sonic is a little more mature and he's more smug than cocky. I was resistant to it when they first unveiled the voices but now I think he's killing it, he has a lot of range

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Here's a great Sonic voice fact for your day: While Jaleel did the voices for all the hedgehogs (including Sonia) in Sonic Underground, he did not do the singing voices. That was Sam Vincent, the voice actor for Edd.

It's very obvious in this particular terrible song that Double D's the one belting it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRU3X0Tio14