Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1. Happy birthday Hace

2. The Demon Finn entrance still sucks, beyond the fact that they gave it away for free on an opening hour of a go home show in the deadest crowd I've seen since 28 Days Later

3. At least Cesaro will technically have a thing to do for at least the next 7 weeks, if not 7 PPVs

4. Sorry for burying it in the GDT but this Bryan interview is real depressing and I'm much less excited to see Total Bellas, if only because there will be at least one instance of Bryan post- or mid-mental breakdown

5. Vince and HHH have won. You either have to root for Reigns at Summerslam or root for the continuing saga of 50/50 booking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I hope they meant like a best of 7 falls match and not actually a best of 7 series because what the gently caress

The world needs a 60 minute Cesaro/Sheamus classic

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cornwind Evil posted:

Everyone, please stop doing the diving headbutt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Pre-show main event is still a main event!

Tell that to Ryback

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says we missed out on the Muppets appearing at Summerslam due to conflicting schedules :smith: Beaker could have helped Sheamus get victory #1 over Cesaro

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jon Stewart is going to cost Seth the match this Summerslam

This time he'll still blame Ric Flair

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We make fun of HHH's entrances too

Where's the gif of him having white stuff on his chest while walking to the ring after one such dumb Mania entrance as Brock looks at him bewildered

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

To be fair I liked his Real Rock n Roller gimmick more, but after seeing everyone so high on it for so long it's weird seeing so many people go "it sucks"

Some have always been on the side of it looking stupid. Maybe if it didn't have random chainsaw (the game version of this looked great though) or awful dreads, or at the very least didn't last 4 minutes.

I loved the concept of it being rare and something you had to pay to see. welp

Music's great but I still miss the Real Rock n Roller music

projecthalaxy posted:

They need to give the Demon a WM3 ring cart to complete his entrance, IMO. Also Seth Rollins. Just like the flags last month, give everyone their own custom ring cart.

And keep the carts around for next Mania. At least for the Big Show/Shaq match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Before someone says anything about it being a cancelled idea or fake, https://twitter.com/WShopUpdates/status/765521162336108544

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

8PM: 2.879 mil
9: 3.083 mil
10: 2.784 mil

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

That's up from last week right?

On a side note, I thought the ESPN.com WWE content was going to be all puff pieces and whatnot, but it looks like ESPN is free to be pretty critical of the product if they want to be. They also had a piece about how WWE has hosed up Reigns/how to fix him a few days back

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/17317094/monday-night-raw-recap-return-form-issues-roman-reigns-come-back-surface

Last week:
8: 2.95 mil
9: 2.974
10: 2.809

9PM was up from last week. 2.9 last week, 2.7 this week

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

World champ Colonel incoming

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Today's Paige's birthday

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Golashes posted:

I think of all the people you're safe burning a bridge with at this point its ADR. Is there anywhere that would still hire him? Didn't he go nuclear with AAA/CMLL? Can TNA afford to fly him down first class?

Del Rio's going to take the briefcase from Omega

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

ADR wants to do ROH and MMA commentary.

Him doing Bellator with a live mic would be funny

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alain Post posted:

I'm not clicking that link!!!!!!!

Del Rio wore his LU gear last night. He's pretty openly not giving a gently caress and I'd say it's a given he's taking advantage of that clause to get out early

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

holy poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Like, this easily has to be the most petty they've been since Punk and AJ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Wwe regulating wrestlers partying spits in the face of everything that makes wrestling great and ignores the grand tradition of the history of our gay sport.

Depends on who's partying

You'll never see Cena suspended for drinking. Doesn't mean he doesn't drink, and he's said so himself

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joey McChrist posted:

i would drink with john cena

Same

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

I'm the guy who sold Paige and del rio the drugs

I told you guys Bryan was a heel all along

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sorry Foochs, Voices of Wrestling was right

Dave posted:

There was heat on Ambrose coming off the Austin show last week. The heat wasn’t for his answers or avoiding answering questions or the occasional awkwardness in the show. But the heat was his being negative on creative, because negative on creative means negative on Vince and HHH and they weren’t happy with what he said publicly about Lesnar not wanting to do anything at WrestleMania. The funny thing is that if anything, Ambrose understated his problems at WrestleMania. As noted, it’s very clear Lesnar knew by then he was fighting and he wasn’t going to take any risks or do anything that could possibly get in the way of his training

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dolph losing just means they still don't like Dolph, don't know why anyone's taking this news as a sign either way of how that match is going. They can dislike two people

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Apologize to RoVoW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm the guy who sticks around because they put me up against Sheamus

I don't want freedom. I want Sheamus

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

If you take the first letter of each line you get YOINIAPIBNyYBWEAYAWCYYAYYYBYYYYRYYI, the coded messages run deep - what does it mean??

YAYYYBYYYYRY (yay bye ry) clearly means we're going to celebrate the upcoming exit of Zack Ryder.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Official announcement should be soon

Amazing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

Jesus. The way this week is going I expect everyone except Cena, Orton and Brock to get popped for elevated liver enzymes on Sunday and held off the PPV

Orton's not a part timer, he can be tested

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

is there even another woman on the SD roster not already in that match? lol

Bring back Bayley for another one night only performance

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Umbra Dubium posted:

Of course it's a work, they didn't use her real name.

Article linked in tweet posted:

WWE has suspended Natalie Coyle (Eva Marie)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ProWrestlingSheet's reporter yesterday
http://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/766039774444392449

I'm expecting more post-Summerslam

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So this is how Sami Zayn finally ends up on the card

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With Del Rio and Eva Marie's suspensions being effective today, they miss out on PPV paydays for both Summerslam and Backlash

That brand split effect

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

For real though if I were ADR Paige or Eva I would be pissed off right now that nothing is happening with Brock.

Eh, it's kind of picky.

At this point everyone in the company is aware of hypocrisy and double standards. Dave basically mentioned as much yesterday when talking about Orton/Brock (1. Brock getting away with no punishment for adlibbed "I don't give a poo poo about your kids" when if he were Maddox he'd be fired on-air, and 2. cursing censored multiple times in his promo package, meanwhile Orton said in his "poo poo, I don't like people and I didn't leave" and that whole line got deleted from the package when it came time to air)

Everyone knows Brock's done when his deal's up, and I think that's why people aren't getting mad and taking those complaints to upper management. Special treatment has always been a thing, and Br*ck himself is a temporary problem. Del Rio won't complain because his foot's out the door, probably in September. Paige will in all likelihood follow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I hope Brock's last match is just the biggest "gently caress you" possible.

Goldberg has been open to coming back if they're willing to pay him what he wants

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

keevo posted:

lmao what the hell is happening here

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

So if part timers aren't Wellness tested and you can just have a clause inserted into your contract that forbids them from suspending you in any capacity why wouldn't the bigger full time guys who have been there for years like Cena and Orton not just have it put in their contract that they are part time talent or otherwise not subject to Wellness or suspensions in general?

Cena is part time now. He's gonna film more, has maybe two more house shows between now and November, none in the US, TV time won't be that limited but still. Post-Summerslam (win or lose) his schedule won't be as rough

Someone who noticeably was part time well before this: HHH

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ProWrestlingSheet also saying Nikki's been cleared

Save Summerslam. Come on, Nikki!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drugs are probably the only thing keeping Rey mobile and not in constant agony at this point

• Locked thread