Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Volume posted:

No one really knows

are there any current threads you don't like Volume, you could start posting e/n confessions in them and they'll be completely removed from the forum by 12 eastern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

E1M1 posted:

are there any current threads you don't like Volume, you could start posting e/n confessions in them and they'll be completely removed from the forum by 12 eastern

I think every thread is a unique and beautiful flower that just needs time to blossom

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
i hadn't even finished reading that thread

what is wrong with all these sensitive people? this is something awful, not a safe-space hug-box

ugh

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Disgusting Coward posted:

The Lowtax cuckoldry thing that got the last thread sunk was actually posted by me. I had a bet on with a friend that I could torpedo the thread in a single confession, and I did. Won my bet, bought a case of Sunburst pilsner and Spartacus on Blu Ray. I've never met Lowtax, never even been to America, and have never had any dealings with the man beyond him getting a bit snippy with me on IRC about a decade ago.

So, sorry about that. Although in my defence, being such a thin-skinned wonk that you can be Literally Puppetmastered is sorrier.

It was v funny that the guy running a jokes forum based on his website full of internet pranks lost it and destroyed a thread because of a fake cuckfession. That old anon thread was kind of lovely and full of weiners anonymously confessing mod sass too, there were plenty of less embarrassing excuses to gas it

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

if a post on something awful might make you kill yourself maybe you should avoid the internet for your own good. or at least SA.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

AEMINAL posted:

i hadn't even finished reading that thread

what is wrong with all these sensitive people? this is something awful, not a safe-space hug-box

ugh

welcome to the Republican Party

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I think all it would take is at least a light filter on obvious trolling and fake stuff or things like "shut the gently caress up nooner" but for whatever reason he semi-insisted on posting everything he got until he got the probation.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Murphy Brownback posted:

I think all it would take is at least a light filter on obvious trolling and fake stuff or things like "shut the gently caress up nooner" but for whatever reason he semi-insisted on posting everything he got until he got the probation.

sure. but why remove the entire drat thread? smythe said he was on good terms with HH after the probe

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

idiotbitch posted:

Take it to QCS please.

Username/post combo

:anime:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

AEMINAL posted:

sure. but why remove the entire drat thread? smythe said he was on good terms with HH after the probe

yeah im not saying it's not an absurd overreaction, just that the main thing that seemed to make the mods mad (i.e. it was an active thread) could have at least been lessened a little with very little effort and would have made the fakers have to put in a little more effort.

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013

ChrisHansen posted:

Username/post combo

:anime:

I dont get it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Murphy Brownback posted:

yeah im not saying it's not an absurd overreaction, just that the main thing that seemed to make the mods mad (i.e. it was an active thread) could have at least been lessened a little with very little effort and would have made the fakers have to put in a little more effort.

I guess this is my biggest problem about the whole situation. Good modding involves working with the community to develop rules and guidelines that everyone can play by and still have fun, SA mods seem really reactionary in that they mostly just respond to reports and occasionally boot really bad offenders. It leaves the actual posting etiquette super murky and that is, in turn, gonna stifle a lot of comedy and creativity from people who'd just rather not deal with infractions outta left field.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I guess this is my biggest problem about the whole situation. Good modding involves working with the community to develop rules and guidelines that everyone can play by and still have fun, SA mods seem really reactionary in that they mostly just respond to reports and occasionally boot really bad offenders. It leaves the actual posting etiquette super murky and that is, in turn, gonna stifle a lot of comedy and creativity from people who'd just rather not deal with infractions outta left field.

the best thing for the forums is to have a daily-rotating Peewee's style secret word but instead it's a secret concept that if you joke about it, confetti falls from the ceiling and you eat a ban

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Actually, all modding is bad modding

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
the only people who want to mod are people invested way too much and cause drama. the people that aren't invested as much wont cause this drama but also wont really be around enough or care enough to mod.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
All the mods really need to do is have a bit of transparency. Is that too much to ask for? Just tell us why you did something and why.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

idiotbitch posted:

I dont get it

you wouldnt

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013

Good. I'm glad the thread is gone. I support the mods 100%.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Putty posted:

All the mods really need to do is have a bit of transparency. Is that too much to ask for? Just tell us why you did something and why.

you can prolly pm them and ask

Khorne
May 1, 2002

ruddiger posted:

I liked that thread so much more than the niceguys.txt thread or the reddit/relationships thread. Those threads quickly got flooded with weirdo narcissist goons who had to keep insisting they weren't like the people they were making fun of, and had to constantly ask why these creeps couldn't be functioning normal humans like them. Their obliviousness was off the charts. At least with the Anonymous Confessions thread, there wasn't any of that, it was goons reveling in how goony we are. Self-realization and being able to laugh at yourself beats teenage-level reddit replies any day of the week. Plus there was some solid advise for guys going through real poo poo.
I posted a bunch in the relationships thread just because the posts were funny, entertaining, or interesting. I used to read old e/n too and r/relationships is that cranked up to 11. I definitely didn't see myself as better than them. I could post at least 3-4 r/relationships tier stories about myself, but those are in the past and I've hopefully learned from them.

Maybe you're misinterpreting the mindset of the people posted in the thread, or maybe I am misinterpreting the mindset of others who posted in the thread.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i want the mods to be extremely transparent

cuz they'd be ghosts

cuz they'd be dead

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

vols bitch posted:

you can prolly pm them and ask

hi vols bitch. I'd just like to ask if you remember how the Gators kicked the vols rear end in basically every year that i can remember?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Murphy Brownback posted:

hi vols bitch. I'd just like to ask if you remember how the Gators kicked the vols rear end in basically every year that i can remember?

best step off son before you get butch slapped

vols bitch

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Aralan posted:

Mods are bad

Nauta posted:

smythe is a lovely mod

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

So I guess now our confessions have to be public?

I admit it, it was me! I am the old goon virgin who has trouble talking to women.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

935 posted:

I admit it, it was me! I am the old goon virgin who has trouble talking to women.

Is it really a confession if it's a normal thing for almost everyone on this site?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

vols bitch posted:

vols bitch

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

935 posted:

It was you. You got the thread nuked.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

hello from the gas chamber

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

More importantly where's the dog/guns thread?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It's not fun if it just vanishes. You have to keep the threads around so we can see mods lose their minds and get de-modded over stuff like hot dog threads.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
A thread where someone admits he likes being a pedo and people defend him saying its some other form of pedo that's not as bad gets to stick around but not the confession thread?!?!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The problem with good threads is that ppl from the Very Serious subforms will read them and get upset buy words then make reports.

This is why I exclusively post in bad threads, like this one.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

A thread where someone admits he likes being a pedo and people defend him saying its some other form of pedo that's not as bad gets to stick around but not the confession thread?!?!

one of the confessors admitted to almost saying friend of the family, i guess it crossed the line

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Holyshoot posted:

dude what

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nation posted:

dude what

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
if anyones got any anonymous confessions just post them in here, because we haven't been told not to, just perhaps been given space for a new smaller thread

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my anonymous confession is i love you all <3

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i flew back in time and murdered amelia earhart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
My claim to draconic lineage is questionable and might not pass professional genetic analysis.

• Locked thread