Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
And then Michael Jackson showed up and started singing "it Don't matter if you Black or White."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

And then Michael Jackson showed up and started singing "it Don't matter if you Black or White."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AitTPI5U0

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Man that curly haired whatsisface guy who was the dad has lost a lot of weight.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I once met frank black in an art gallery, I think he hated me afterwards.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Man that curly haired whatsisface guy who was the dad has lost a lot of weight.

Norm!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Oh poo poo for some reason I thought it was John C. Reilly.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Wayne Knight lost a lot of weight a few years ago too. And he's really excited about it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's weird I'd forget that considering I actually met George Wendt back when I was working at the replica Cheers bar in Paris Texas. He was shooting a live commercial there to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Cheers and I was one of the guys who were supposed to yell "Norm!" When he came in but I accidentally yelled out the "N" word and since I was the first guy to yell it out everyone reflexively followed my lead. There was no taking it back because it was live TV.
Suffice to say George was so disgusted he used his pull with the franchise to close us down and everyone in the ad was permanently banned from all Cheers locations worldwide.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I've never met anyone famous. I think the most famous person ive ever met is probably my sister, who gets asked "Aren't you girl from that ___ commercial" sometimes.

Wait, no, I spoke to the guitarist from Danzig once after a show, he came out in the audience and was asking MY GIRLFRIEND to go backstage after the show, but she said she was only there because I liked their music, but I corrected her and said that i really only liked the misfits, and he said "Man, I wasnt even in the misfits!" and I said "I know" and he walked off to find someone else to go backstage.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Oh poo poo for some reason I thought it was John C. Reilly.

lol
he would be a good norm

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Just today I actually bumped into Tom Cruise at the mall. He was in sunglasses and a trenchcoat and big hat obviously trying to hide from the paparazzi, but I recognized him on account of how short he was. I was so excited I yelled "holy poo poo it's Tom Cruise!" and he was like "Shhh! Shut up!" but I just couldn't keep quiet because he's such a big celebrity I was all "OMG Tom Cruise I need need need your autograph!" and he was all "Shut up What the gently caress is wrong with you?"
I wasn't gonna let an opportunity like this pass so I kept pestering him to give me an autograph and just as he was about to give me one a crowd of people with cameras spotted him and chased him out of sight :( oh well.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i once met bill murray in death valley, he was frying an egg on a man's prosthetic leg and then a kid asked him for an autograph, and bill said "AUTOGRAPH THIS" and loving uppercutted the kid with the leg. Then he turns to me and says "that's one way to scramble your eggs"

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I once met Bill Murray in downtown LA one summer. He was dressed as Santa and ringing a bell. And his beard was real too. He must have really been getting into character. He also put on a different voice, but I could tell it was him. So I asked him if he considered me fuckable and before you knew it, we made sweet, sweet love in the nearby alley behind a flooded dumpster. I was completely naked except for my merkin, but he kept his clothes on and I plowed his bunghole through the trapdoor in the Santa Suit as a nearby stray cat hissed at us. After it was over we smoked heartily, basking in the warm afterglow. Then I fell asleep in a puddle, partially of my own making, and when I woke up, Bill Murray had flown back to the North Pole.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Bill Murray's face appeared in my oatmeal and he told me in the voice of God to set fire to the dumpster behind the Dairy Queen, then winked and said "no one will ever believe you."

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Back in evanston, Bill Murray tipped me 100 dollars after receiving my special massage

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Applewhite posted:

Bill Murray's face appeared in my oatmeal and he told me in the voice of God to set fire to the dumpster behind the Dairy Queen, then winked and said "no one will ever believe you."

now all i can think about is what oatmeal winking sounds like

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
When I used to live in Montreal, the woman who cut my hair also cut Saku Koivu's hair (captain of the Montreal Canadiens at the time). She would tell me stories about him while she cut my hair, and he seemed like a nice guy from what she told me.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Bill Murray is a partial owner of the local baseball team: the Saint Paul Saints. CHS stadium is the roxxorz.

Postcount
Sep 10, 2002

I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
I've never met anyone even remotely famous.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I was once in a comedy club in LA around the time that Django Unchained was in theaters, and Quentin Tarantino was in the club too, so all the comedians started telling their racist jokes (comedians of every ethnicity were doing it so it was ok).

Quentin left before the end of the show, and one girl in the audience got mad at her boyfriend because he didn't want to go over and bother Quentin for an autograph. All the comedians started making fun of them instead of telling racist jokes.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
I met Bill Murray in Monterey during the U.S. Open in 2011. I had just come back from volunteering in support of the event with three friends, and we were eating at Persian Grill when Bill came in with three friends of his own and sat at the table next to ours. I asked him for an autograph and he gave me one and he also made a couple of funny jokes and was generally pleasant and nice. That's my Bill Murray story OP, hope it works out better for you next time.

e: at the moment, I could not remember any of his good movies because I got nervous, but Zombieland had just come out recently, so I said I liked him in that. I'm surprised, in retrospect, that I didn't get a bitchslap instead of an autograph.

new friend from school fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 23, 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I dated Lily Allen before she got famous. It didn't work out because she was kind of judgemental and mean. I hear she wrote a song about me but I never really followed her career so I'm not sure which one it was.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I saw Neil Degrasse Tyson on the subway today

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i met Bill Murray on an elevator once, and he told me that from that day on, he would only use stairs so he would not be reminded of me

bossy lady posted:

I saw Neil Degrasse Tyson on the subway today

did he tell you that the crustacean in your avatar is not scientifically accurate

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Deckard posted:

I've never met anyone even remotely famous.
I was going to say me too but I met Adam savage in SF and he's as big as a nerd as any goon and really humble which was cool

also briefly met john hodgeman at punchline and the dude has a garbage beard and super lanky now, it's kind of weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Profondo Rosso posted:

i love bill murray but i always get the impression that he plays such a good rear end in a top hat because he is an rear end in a top hat
bill murray is not a prize to be won

• Locked thread