Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Bewear's baby form looks absolutely awful. Wowee.

Mods?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Zore posted:

Also, I am glad we are back to having good Route 1 normal rodents after the horrible three streak of Bibarel, Watchog and Diggersby.

Gumshoos is definitely up there with Raticate, Furret and Linoone as a GoodTM design.

Bibarel and Watchog are cool and awesome friends, you nerd.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I have no idea how to narrow this down to 6 and we aren't even done with spoilers yet. There'd be two more in the list too if you could get all the starters solo.

You can get all the starters solo.

Let me tell you about this wonderful thing called the Pokemon Bank, right...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

oddium posted:

i just fought a watchog and i never realized it wears a safety vest. much better than i remember overall

Him's a traffic guard!

Watchog is great. :swoon:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

:colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

My favorite team was my in-game team for Diamond: Torterra, Honchkrow, Golduck, Lucario, Bibarel, and Luxray.

Those guys were the best. I need to get them moved from my Diamond into the bank sometime.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Nemo07 posted:

So I'm finally finishing up Alpha Sapphire in preparation for Sun/Moon and I'm just blown away by how many legendaries you have access to in the late-game. :psyduck: I've counted over 20 you can get without having to trade for other ones which gets you access to even more!

Was there a reason they decided to just dump a shitload of legendaries in the sky?

They had to push Hoopa before his movie came out. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

no for real tho, team aqua/magma constantly pull a string of the dumbest bullshit over the course of the game and their goals a) don't make sense, and b) show a profound lack of understanding for how anything works

"I want to flood the world to help pokemon. but wait... the world is flooding and it's... bad???"

At least they're trying though, you know?

Flare does, like...nothing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: Galactic is the only team I remember barely anything about so they're probably the worst, which would make sense given they are in the worst gen.

But Galactic was in Gen IV, not Gen II?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Diet Poison posted:

Just caught two wild shiny mons within 5 mins of each other, so haha at people who've never seen one in the wild ever. But it was Zigzagoon and a poo poo-natured Poochyena, so just a little haha.

That's me. I've been playing these stupid games since the beginning and I've yet to see a wild shiny. :smith:

The only shinies I've ever gotten were red Gyarados and a drat level 100 shiny Barbaracle via Wonder Trade.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gen II is the most evenly split generation as far as good Pokemon/bad Pokemon go. IMO, anyway.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Starsnostars posted:

Gen 2 has Hitmontop which just won VGC 16 worlds so can't be that bad.

On that note I JUST found out that the winning Worlds team used Raichu.

Wh...when did Raichu become that good? :stare:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Bakalakadaka posted:

When are they giving Luxray dark typing and strong jaw though I want my thundercat friend to be a master biter.

Never because he has no reason to be a Dark type and we've had this conversation like every ten or so pages.

Strong Jaw would be nice though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

If I was a gym leader, I'd pick Dark in a heartbeat.

Murkrow\Honchkrow, Krookodile, Tyranitar, Houndoom, Greninja, Pangoro, Sharpedo... yeah, they're rad. Also Skuntank because he has a butt for a face and his cry is a fart.

You wouldn't be allowed to be a gym leader. No Dark types allowed!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The very first Pokemon in the Pokedex is a dual type.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Ground types live in the ground, Rock types are made out of rock. That's the difference.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Why are Flygon and Garchomp part ground

Because Flygon evolves from something that lives in the ground and shhhh.

greatn posted:

But Onix doesn't live in the ground

Most of his Pokedex entries talk about how he digs and burrows underground.

oddium posted:

golurk is made out of rock and lives in the sky

He's made of clay. I didn't say the explanation was PERFECT. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Ghost/Rock would actually be a pretty good offensive type for a fast pokemon so I'm sad there isn't one of those yet.

Cofagrigus not being Ghost/Rock is a drat shame.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Zore posted:

Its not fast though?

Rock would literally only make it worse because sudden weakness to Steel/Water/Ground isn't a really good trade off for no STAB beyond Hidden Power (It doesn't learn Power Gem and its attack is lol) and resistance to Fire/Flying with an upgrade to 4x Poison.

Trick Room exists. :colbert:

It's a stone sarcophagus with a ghost inside. Ghost/Rock would have made way more sense than pure Ghost. Hell, I would have even accepted Ghost/Ground.

Geostomp posted:

The thing eats and is made of gold. It should have Ghost/Steel.

Or this.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Zore posted:

There's only ever been like 5 ice types worth using, and mostly because they had something almost wholly unique.

Weavile, Mamoswine, Abomasnow (kinda), Froslass and Cloyster.

Jynx was surprisingly good in Gen I! So were Articuno and Lapras!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Gen 2 didn't even add a dragon type.

Kingdra. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Starmie is one of the best at anything in every generation.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Zoness posted:

jynx had an ubers set in gen 5, because gen 5 ubers was a format where rain was essentially permanent, and she could basically wall a kyogre and then lovely kiss whatever switches in

For some reason this fills me with joy to hear.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah but gently caress Bronzong. Bane of my existence during Gen IV.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

dude789 posted:

If you like Alomomola, he's surprisingly high up in the current ubers viability as well.

*sits down*

Okay, I think I'm going to need this one explained to me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

There is not a single cool fish pokemon

Lumineon. :colbert:

Super No Vacancy posted:

BATS ARENT BUGS

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Whiscash is a fish and is my friend.

Whiscash gets major props for making the Master Ball look like garbage in it's sole anime appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5lEgVA_Kb0

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Oh I thought it had more episodes. Does it really go through all 8 badges and all 150 pokemon in 90 something minutes?

Yeah, it does. It's got some weird...I don't want to say pacing issues, but it picks odd things to focus on in the limited time it has.

I hate that Red's Jolteon gets OHKO'd by Giovanni's Rhyhorn's Thunderbolt. What the hell?

I don't like that the whole thing ends up being an ad for XY with the reveal of Mega Charizard X at the end either.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 28, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

yeah man the entire what, 90 minutes before that is totally invalidated by that moment, it's just an ad for x/y

are you actually this dumb

I didn't say it invalidated it. :v: It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Zore posted:

Honestly I just wish they'd stop using Mega-Charizard X as the go to model.

M-Charizard Y is a much, much better design and it makes me sad it isn't in more poo poo.

This too.

Charizard shouldn't have gotten two Megas anyway. I know it's the most popular monster ever, but still.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

It made me look up the fact that Rhyhorn actually can learn Thunderbolt. That's the true what the hell.

Gen I Pokemon are goddamn elemental wizards. That's how you end up with things like Raticate learning Thunderbolt and Bubble Beam, Tauros getting Blizzard and Fire Blast, and Nidoqueen learning Surf and Thunder and Ice Beam.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dunsparce is getting an evolution in Sun/Moon though.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3273472/drampa-is-dunsparces-evolution/

:v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Geostomp posted:

Like Lumineon that nobody has ever cared about.

I care! :argh:

Zuzie posted:

Luvdisc probably.

Luvdisc is super useful for being your main source of Heart Scales in the newer games.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Arceus you catch isn't the actual creator god. It's just an avatar of the real thing.

It's one of the 'thousand hands' that the Pokedex describes him as having.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Calaveron posted:

They absolutely were working on Pokemon Z right? What was the reason they shelved it?

If I had to make a guess, I would say it's because they wanted new games out for the anniversary instead of a third version.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Txn posted:

So, which one is the dead mom?

The last one, I think.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Hell, you know, I would also be down for another remake of Gen 1 in the Gen 6/7 engine because even FireRed\LeafGreen is feeling pretty outdated. It would be especially awesome if you could go to Johto in the postgame like you could go to Kanto in Gen 2. If they did that, they could essentially remake the first two gens in one game.

I was honestly expecting this for the anniversary. It seems like such an easy, obvious idea, you know?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Not sure if we've had this discussion already, but what are everyone's least favorite pokemon?

Stunfisk.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Zoroark could have been a thing if, y'know, it wasn't a lovely event only 'mon.

I hope whatever scrub in marketing was behind that got canned. :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Spatula City posted:

it was easily obtainable in B2/W2 though? you just get given a Zorua by an ex-Plasma guy in Driftveil.

That was too late to salvage it's popularity though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hardcordion posted:

I think we can all agree that the blonde kid from diamond/pearl is the worst rival.

Anyone that doesn't think Barry is the best rival is going to be fined $1,000,000!