Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I went to the dispensary yesterday and got some edibles and man the cookie kicked my rear end and it was really great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Moridin920 posted:

It's extremely in demand but it isn't as if the supply is lacking. If you take a look at the Cannabis Spot Index, the price for a pound of weed has been dropping like a stone for several years now meaning I bet they pay like... $10-15 per eighth for good weed? Wholesale obv.

I'm just saying they're being greedy fucks jacking the price up because San Diego and I don't get why considering there are 10 other delivery services that will give me reasonable prices for the same weed. It's short term greed which is going to make you less competitive and thus bone you in the long term when you have 0 loyal customers - the ones willing to shell out $70 / eighth are looking for top top shelf so if you're not delivering that consistently every time you'll lose those ones, too.

Meanwhile ('cuz I've got my eye on a few) the dispensaries keeping their eighths at $50 or less are loving exploding in business. They can't hire enough drivers so far. The volume makes up for the smaller (but still extremely generous) profit margins. One in particular has been buying out competitors and is slowly taking over the market share here.

Yeah that happened more in LA too. A dispensary I went to a month ago I was able to get an ounce for 60 bucks, I went back last week and I was seeing and 8th for about 50.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Man I bought a vape pen yesterday and it's pretty great to just have that ready to go when I get home.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Man I'm in Portland Oregon for a week and I'm so pissed at how cheap weed is here. I bought a 1 gram cartridge for 30 bucks and it came with a free battery. Pre rolls are like 5 bucks. Coming from California this is some real bullshit.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Earwicker posted:

i have a gig there in a few days what are some good places?

I literally got in yesterday so I have no idea really. I just walked into a dispensary that was right next to my air Bnb. But keep in mind that there is no tax on the weed and everything seems to just be cheaper.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Hell Yeah posted:

also to the people talking about cartridges: smoke flower.

Coming home after work to sit down turn on my vape by hitting a button and getting high in like 5 minutes is the best poo poo ever. I still buy flower but you really can't beat vape cartridges.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Hell Yeah posted:

a lot of pens are made with the worst grade extracts and then they put fake terps in them.

I buy good stuff I'm ok 😌

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bonzo posted:

Pens and vapes are easier if you've never smoked before.

I still buy flower and smoke out of a pipe. It's not hard in the slightest. You also smell like smoke and weed after and you gotta clean up ash and residue. Also it's a whole thing to come home grind your weed pack your pipe. Or you can literally turn on your battery and smoke immediately.

Not to mention smoking flower means you have to go outside if you're not a piece of poo poo who smokes indoors.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Personally I hate the smell of smoke inside of the house. It infects everything.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Nucken Futz posted:

Here's a Pro Tip for ya.

The reason they smoke 5x as much is because they loving. grind. their. bud.
Capice?

Sigh ..... grinding weed crushes all those little globules of THC that cling to the hairs on the flower.
Y'know, the stuff that gets you high.
You crush them, then they start evaporating, right away.
You want the best bang for your buck, leave those loving beautiful buds alone until you wanna get high.

LOL if you grind up your supply all at once. What a way to waste your money.

Don't trust this rando, read a bit about it.

Hey, Hell Yeah. You sound like a cool soul, and a lot of fun but you don't know what you're talking about.
This poo poo was sorted out decades ago but you hipsters know better, dontcha?

Anyways, insults like yours are childish, they show you as shallow as your knowledge about the herb, you loving millennial.

You might take weed a little too seriously.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

charity rereg posted:

In MA its sometimes that much for a .5g cartridge. Didnt know they were still so much in CA, that's really weird.

It was beautiful yesterday and I got out on the trail and smoked my first trail bowl (well away from everyone!) of the season. Was good.

I live in California and just went to Portland not long ago. I was blown away by how cheap weed was. People say it's because of the surplus but wouldn't California also have that if it were the case considering the amount of grow operations in Northern California. I believe it's the new packaging laws In California that's making the weed prices so high. Like the fact that you can only get flower in the little glass jars now kind of sucks.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

g-c posted:

smoking cannabis makes me think my heart is double beating now

why

make it stop

i like weed

One day I was so high that I was afraid I wasn't breathing enough and I became really aware of my breathing. It was weird.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

karma_coma posted:

So I've been getting these vape cartridges from california called golden gorilla and they like totally blow my goddamn mind, i highly recommend

I recommend ASCND if you can find it. That poo poo makes me fly through a lot of different dimensions.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don’t like the money = quality thing but that being said. Spend some extra money on a cartridge. It really is worth it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I always laugh every time I charge my weed with my PS4 it makes me feel like the future is going to be alright.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Good soup! posted:

DBZ is the best

I took and edible and I’m at home and watching the original Dragon Ball.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Good Sphere posted:

I keep seeing articles like these recently:

Vaping and Cigarette Smoking Could Be Equally Likely to Cause Lung Disease

Any reason for concern for someone that uses THC vapes, or is it highly unlikely it would do anything?

It’s because tobacco companies are getting nervous about vaping. When they finally get them banned they’ll probably release they’re own vape pens and we will see new studies about how these are actually better for you.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

poverty goat posted:

Reminder that people are literally dying now from retail carts, probably because they're all cut with vegetable oils if not food flavorings for some insane reason (it's unregulated! :haw: ) and these things don't belong in your lungs. Don't end up with loving lipid pneumonia on a ventillator because you're too busy to pack your own bowls

No it’s from peoples homemade carts.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

poverty goat posted:

All we know is there's no common product connecting the sick. It's probably a widespread thinning agent like MCT oil

I just remember there were a couple articles recently and it seemed to be the common thread was people buying homemade carts from random people.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also that study is talking about e cigarettes not marijuana carts. Unless they refer to them both as the same thing?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

poverty goat posted:

149 people and one corpse

Didn’t the cdc thing literally say there hasn’t been any deaths?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m actually pretty stoked because I’m getting cheap rear end cartridges right now and it rules.

Interesting that all these articles keep leaving out that the people getting sick are buying bootleg carts from lovely sellers.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I meant within the headlines. I should have clarified. That’s my bad.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Earwicker posted:

thats surely part of it, but also big tobacco has been buying up all the vape companies

I feel like it’s their way to gain the monopoly on vape production rights so they can come out with new “safe” vapes and they’ll have control of all the production and distribution.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

BigFactory posted:

They don’t have that already?

Seeing as it’s still so new and unregulated there are a lot of random companies out there putting stuff out there. I think they’re just trying to starve the competition.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’ve been smoking legal tested cartridges for a few years now and have never had an issue. They’re easy and get you super high. They don’t smell either and you can smoke em indoors which rules.

A regular customer of my work just gave me a bunch of flower he grew for free and two bowls had me flying for a while. I watched under the silverlake and it hosed me up real good.

Friends weed is good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Anyone who is too high right now. I want you to know you’re always going to be like this. This is how it’s going to be forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Hahah. The onion still rules.