Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I started with weed recently and had a bit of an oopsie with some sensi star flower.

I'd used it in a flowermate nano for a while and thought I knew what it was like. Ran some of it through my dynavap and got uncomfortably high for the first time in a while.

Still have a bit to learn with the dyna apparenlty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Anyone else get an internal soundtrack of music you swear you've never heard before going nonstop while high?

Wish I knew enough to be able to remember/write down some of these tunes.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

One man concert and light show in my head right now. Dang if this isn't some good poo poo. :okpos:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I ordered a Dynavap Omni because I liked the M so much and its supposed to arrive today. :sun:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:neckbeard:

The Omni stash is a cool colour but the M stash is made of cedar and smells really nice.

Also tip for new owners: check for any metal shavings on the parts before use. Found a tiny burr on the mouthpiece of the Omni that probably wouldn't do my lungs any good.

It's the 2021 model so I think it's xl? That's the case size it came with.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

That printer is a peice of poo poo though.

Correct, it doesn't even work!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Disassembled side by side.

Despite being larger and more complex, the Omni weighs about a gram less due to the titanium.

Titanium bowl filter on the right, stainless steel on the left.

M stainless steel oven on the left (needs a clean) titanium Omni oven on the right. Same bowl volume.

Haven't used it yet but I already like the Omni mouthpiece and stem shape over the M.

Other design improvements:

The M bowl has a rubber o-ring that is exposed when in the stem. This means that if you are careless, high or just lacking coordination you could accidentally hit this o-ring with the butane lighter flame while heating. You SHOULDN'T because the o-ring is no where near the cap you are heating but if you slip, it could happen. The omni has all o-rings recessed into the body so you can't expose it to direct flame.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 26, 2022

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

OK trip report for the OMNI:

Jesus gently caress :okpos:

This is literally the first time I used the Omni so still dialling in technique. It seems to heat the bowl faster so definitely respect the clicks a little more or you'll burn poo poo. I suspect this would be similar if you just bought a replacement titanium tip and stuffed it into the M body.

The mouthpiece is nicer to use. The air holes on the stem are better shaped so it does make it easier to vent in air consistently when rolling it in your fingers while dragging.

The stem extra size because of the mouthpiece and body shape make it easier to roll consistently over a lighter flame compared to the M. Which is not to say that either is particularly large. They're both nice and small devices.

Cleaning is a little bit more fiddly if you want to soak it to clean it because there's more O-rings to remove.

the spiralled, movable condenser stem seems like a gimmick but bugger me if airflow draw isn't a little smoother.

In summary - it probably won't get you any higher, but the ergo changes in the body and airflow are minor quality of life improvements and you might save a little on butane costs as the bowl seems to heat quicker.

Is it better? Yeah a little. Is it 3 times better (the difference in cost)? No but its still nice.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jestery posted:

I don't disagree

You are clearly more experienced:)

Its funny at the moment here my Doctor asked whether I would prefer being prescribed Afghan Kush or Pink Kush

In lieu of medical language existing they are using hybrid weed slang medical terminology in the doctors office which is funny

And it was pretty clear on last checkup he is used to people just smashing through their script in a matter of weeks, and I'm a month or two into in and have used less than half of what he gave me

I have my follow-up appointment on Monday with the doc and it's going to be weird.

Like if you told 20 year old me that in 15 years I'd be having a video call with a doctor to tell him he prescribed too much weed despite having used weed more than when I only had illicit poo poo I'd have told you not to dip into your own supply.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

God Hole posted:

just got my hands on a dynavap and a BB9 adapter. was wondering if I could get some insight from the veterans on how to get the most out of this thing.

1. what kind of grind are you putting into the bowl?
2. what bowl size do you find is the most efficient? are you capable of getting multiple decent hits out of the larger size?
3. does your burn technique differ when you're using it with the standard body vs with a BB9 and water pipe?
4. are you pulling hard and fast or more long and slow?

thanks

can't answer 3 because I just use a straight dynavap but;

1. i'm getting lazier with the grind as time goes by. Rough grind works just fine.

2. I get about 6 heat cycles out of a 0.1g bowl load. 3 is enough to get me nicely high, so the other 3 cycles is good for a second session later or a top off before I go to bed.

4. Long and slow.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I tell you what I'm seeing some cool fuckin colours from this Sensi Star I tell you whutttttt

:okpos:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Inspector Hound posted:

Cannabis is a psychedelic, not a depressant

i thought different 'noids did different things. CBD being the depressant and THC being the psychedelic.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Inspector Hound posted:

From the hip, it speeds up your heart, can cause hallucinations, and makes you like the jazz music. That covers all the categories

can confirm.

First time I tried to play guitar while high I discovered how jazz was invented.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

yeah I have 25mg CBD wafers from my doc and an hour after that I definitely know whats up.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

CBD is great for my back pain.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ehhhhhhh.

I have 3 lumbar discs that are pretty much trash, 3 degenerative diseases in my lower back (sacroiliitis, spinal stenosis, degen disc) and sciatica that has made half my right leg numb, for some 17 years now. Thanks Army.

I haven't found CBD to do much. Maybe because it's not all inflammation related (sacroiliitis is), and more nerve problems than anything. Weed in general is a great distraction from it, but it's not doing much beyond that for me.

Yeah there's my back pain, and then theres your BACK PAIN.

Not surprised weed doesn't work much for you jfc

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It's.. it's beautiful

:yeeclaw:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The "my arms feel like disembodied puppet spider arms" phase of the high.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jestery posted:

I have legit lost 10kg since starting my script

I'm a string bean normally So it's not a nice trajectory

Don't worry I found it.

Also this Pennywise has quite a lot of citrus terp in it for some reason.

Always interesting to see how a mouthful of weed vape makes my Pepsi Max taste different

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Went for a walk and had a vape in the park. Never done that before. Nice to be out in spring weather while a little high.

Now I'm back home and I can feel every muscle in my legs and lower back twitching lol

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

last time you checked under your bed for monsters was 20 years ago, but you're going to do it next time you get high.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

why does it feel like I'm wearing a headband when I'm not.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's been a few studies showing cannabis users tend to be healthier weights, with smaller waistlines, and have more stable blood sugars than non-users.

Munchies is a phase you get past pretty quickly. But cannabis does seems to help prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes. I'm the only weed consumer in my direct family, and the only one (of 5) without the Wilford Brimleys. Two type 1s, two type 2s, and me.

By all rights I should be a 300lb fatass that got type 2 around 30, but here I am at 40, 210lbs, eating like a trash panda and my blood sugar just hangs out around 100.

A joint a day keeps the problematic type 2 medications away.

I choose to believe all of this.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

sigher posted:

Where can I buy a Raven?

Here apparently:

https://www.danielwalthers.com/raven_crow.php

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 9, 2022

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Inspector Hound posted:

Warning do not eat that

what if I'm ready for coffey flavoured death?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

got high and asked dalle to generate some weed for me. this is what came back:

rate the AI generated bud, goons.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 18, 2022

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jestery posted:

But the dynavap just does everything I want from weed

:yeah:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Code Jockey posted:

Weed makes me sleep like a person. I lay down tired and relaxed, and I wake up having slept. Like it's unreal. I am rested now, I sleep the entire night most nights, and like, I barely move. I am out. Nothing has ever done that for me before and for that reason alone I'll never give it up. The psychological impact of being able to sleep right, consistently, I can't quantify it. It's lifechanging.

Yep, same. Wish I'd taken it up a decade ago if only for this.

bagmonkey posted:

The other thing a lot of daily smokers don't talk about regularly but I'm pretty positive is a consistent or consistent-ish experience is that I don't really dream very much at all anymore. I remember less than one dream a week, mostly very very vague guidelines and the dreams never end up with me waking up in terror as I fall into a pit or whatever. Every time I take a t-break, I end up using Nyguil or whatever else to keep myself asleep, otherwise I'm up constantly

Yeah I noticed this as well. Can't say I miss it. Its interesting how every time I take a night off from weed my sleep immediately declines in quality and I wake several times a night and have much more vivid dreams.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

My dream is a 10,000 mg candy bar. You know, why should I have to take a t-break?

Nobody dying of a weed overdose should probably not be seen as a challenge, but you do you.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I vape to get myself to sleep every night except Friday and Saturday so as to give myself a break and help reduce tolerance buildup.

I figure if I have a crappier night on those nights it doesn't matter that much because I can sleep in.

I'll take regular, proper sleep as much as I can, thanks.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Laserface posted:

How many hits should I aim for? I can do two but it's burnt on the second.

And I think a water piece would help with pulling bigger hits but I haven't got one right now.

FWIW I still typically take 3 hits even with the FMJ. But you should still get one anyway if you haven't already. FMJ owns

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

got high and started farting about with dalle 2 again.

told it to show me a photo of a praying mantis on a psychadelic weed bud and this is what I got back:

I really like the first and third ones. :okpos:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

WampaLord posted:

third one in particular reminds me of the Insulindian Phasmid from Disco Elysium

that is not a thing I would have expected in a choose your own murder mystery game (I know its not really that but its kind of what you're lead to believe it is at first).

I should really get around to playing it

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Spaghett posted:

Is the Dynavap with a butane lighter a pain in the rear end? I don't want to drop for the induction heater.

Edit: i said gently caress it and bought the Dynavap. Wish me luck, goons

Crimson Harvest posted:

If you want torching easy mode also get a Simrell FMJ, its $10 and worth all of it.

FMJ easily the best dynavap accessory. I use a torch lighter exclusively and without FMJ is fine, but with it makes the entire thing even easier.

Just get it. Seriously. Dynavaps are cheap anyway, the extra $10 is worth it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Atlas Hugged posted:

I would tend to agree. Falling asleep has been a bit tougher, but I had a school overnight a few weeks ago where obviously I wasn't going to get high while chaperoning teenagers so I got used to falling asleep without it again already. I'm back to only 6-7 hours of sleep though instead of the rock solid 8 I was getting with my brownies.

Lol as if you didn't shake them down for whatever they were carrying and do a fat rip of it in front of them.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

SgtScruffy posted:

As someone who is contemplating a Dynavap, is this "all I need"? I remember seeing that there's a critical thingy to buy to make it so you don't have to swirl poo poo, does any of this change that or should I still buy that hoodawhatsit?

the extra thing you want is the Simrell FMJ. Its $10 and you want it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

grats jestery, I hope the other states come to their senses and follow suit soon.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I tend to take 1-2 days off per week. Usually friday and Saturday because it doesn't matter as much if sleeping is a little harder to get on those days

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

some primo sensi star bud tonight. :discourse: :350:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

SwissDonkey posted:

Beacon sensi star is nice stuff. Currently enjoying a salad of OG Kush and skywalker kush

lemony flavour, noice calm but trippy high. Fuckin good shieeet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

My doc changed my strain because I mentioned the packaging my low THC strain came in kept ripping which is a small problem because I had to put it in a normal baggie and in the unlikely event cops get involved, any weed found not in medical packaging is potentially considered illegal. So doc changed my Pennywise 6%cbd/6thc% for a Kandy Kush hybrid 8%cbd/6%thc.

:350:

it's pretty darn good. Tastes kinda like bubblegum