Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

NBA 2k17 is out September 20th on PC/PS4/Xbone

NBA Live was mercifully put out to pasture.(again). Apparently the Mobile game isn't terrible...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cunKB_QIqA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKDcMxTAfw

Seeing Rose in a Knicks Jersey still hurts my soul :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcAZduTwQbo

Edit: Forgot to mention gently caress Coach K, and gently caress Duke forever.

So lets hype and get ready to play some ba *unable to connect to NBA 2k Servers*

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now I'm hoping that they just went off the deep end and admitting that it's a Sports RPG means it's actually an alternate sci-fi universe where political action is decided through sick dunks and you just won the 2016 election. Team USA is actually the name for the greatest military force the world has ever seen

Does this mean Delly is the president of Australia?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Fantasy draft with Dar, Booker, Zingus, Wiggins,and Noel won like 7 straight titles lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also the Undrafted thing solves the problem of whatever team you get drafted to still having the draft pick they would have normally picked at that spot

I like the idea of the Undrafted thing, or like you go through your college games, and then in a predraft workout you get injured. and have to sit out and reenter the draft next year.(with all created players and maybe story significant players)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

tanglewood1420 posted:

It also neatly explains how you become a free agent at the end of the first season. The way last year's game explained that was really dumb, no team is going to cut their promising lottery pick just because they have a dumb friend that died. It'll be interesting how they manufacture the situation this year.

They might if they found out said player killed someone(Man gently caress the haters that story owned.)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Wait what? this is goddamn hilarious.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

To be fair if someone doesn't want to be in the game they kinda can't put them in the game once they retire.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

I think this is a bigger problem now than when they first started making classic teams. That said, why they wouldn't just make a dorky looking white pg with his stats and a fake name instead didn't make much sense either.

That'll get you sued too. Ask EA about that with it's NCAA games, and the Walter Payton estate.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea the guys have pretty tight ability to be all 'ok this is clearly MEANT to be me' and honestly I don't see that as a bad thing in the big picture. It sucks as a gamer, obviously, but I think it's a net good that you can't just use a guy's image and brand, or make some serial number filed off version of "Washeed Rallace" or something. If the guy doesn't want to be in the game that should be the end of it.

Though that does lead to the question of 'so why put that team in at all rather than focusing on getting some other ones', but that's a different issue.

Because they offer a system that allows you to download custom rosters and changes.

Wait like a week and someone will have all of those players added with realistic stats.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

tanglewood1420 posted:

I've gone for a 6'7" PG playmaker, with the idea of that being the closest you could get to a LeBron type distributor and PnR ball handler, but still with speed and agility. In college it worked exceptionally well. However I have been drafted by Sacremento, so....

Good for you?

Pick and roll w Cousins owns

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I thought it was funny enough, like if I had to actually grade it on it's quality of writing, pacing and everything it wouldn't be good. But It was amusing as all hell.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The ability to rerun the offseason is the greatest thing In the loving world. Holy loving poo poo.

On the Bulls I ended up with Kevin Dunn and Boogie Cousins

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

tanglewood1420 posted:

Does it rerun the draft lottery too?

Yup my play through suns got the first pick.

It went Suns, Lakers, Sixers, Celtics, T-Wolvea

Simmons dropped to Boston at 4 lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I hate 2k's archtype for players. I hate how loving multiplayer balancing torches my ability to be an athletic point guard who can shoot too.

I don't give a flying gently caress about multiplayer. Let me play a wing who can both dunk and maybe make an outside shot. Let me be a super star like player.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Camping.. Intense! posted:

Archetypes are the worst in 2K, oh you want to be good at blocking and rebounding? Tough poo poo.. As a paint protector you get a pick pocket badge? And as nice as the whole gym aspect is grinding out those stats isnt fun especially when you realise that your paint protector isnt a great rebounder and you have to start again.

I started playing again just recently because i am hyped about the new season coming up but haviing to wait for my player still to walk out of the gym every time, and waiting for the coach to repeat the same poo poo that has no relevance every time-out while im furiously mashing the buttons to get back to the game was frustrating as hell.

All this being said i have already pre-ordered 2K18 because I just hope they have listened to the communitys gripes. Although i am pretty keen on seeing how NBA Live fares, if it ever gets released.

Cancel it.

NBA Live 18 looks like it might be legit good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Duggler posted:

Is it that time of year already? The demo will be out soon to disprove that

Maybe, but no other version of Live actually looked decent when being played the past like 4-5 years.

This one looks like the gameplay might be there.

Not saying it's gonna happen.

but I'm not gonna pre order 2k this year until I know for sure.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

That is the most amazing thing about the MLB the show.

Like you can just play through an entire series without having to deal with a ton of loads. You can upgrade in between games but other than that it's just playing the game and then you go back every 2-4 games.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Cultural Marxist posted:

Great, now we can sit around watching a GM walk in and out of a room, not just a created player!

Was anyone really asking for story mode in MyGM? Because I can think of a bunch of existing things I'd rather 2k spent their time on.

If you don't want it just play MyLeague.

But yeah. People like story based things. Just hopefully they are skippable or aren't based purely around grinding.

Gameplay wise I'm for the most part cool with where 2k is at. Dribbling could feel a bit better but yeah I'm not a online player, or card pack buyer so I can't speak to that but that seems less developer intensive as it's just a matter of design decisions and tuning of currency.

It's not like the people animating or writing these events are the same people who would be spending time fixing gameplay bugs or the problems with the game that you speak of anyway.

Only problems I've really had with 2k games recently have just been design decisions and usability issues(Let me loving skip cutscenes and cut down on that grinding BS in MyPlayer, also let me create a super awesome myplayer. and seperate multiplayer myplayer from single player myplayer if you must)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I see nothing wrong, Scal's low awareness and basketball IQ meant he accidentially picked his own player causing George hill to trip back a bit as he had to get around his own player, which gave seperation and allowed Thompson the drive opening. :colbert:

But yeah that's the problem with 2k's collision system. outside of double team's it's only 1v1 collision.

That is loving hillarious(since it's not me, I would be pissed) tho , as it makes perfect sense what happened. Only player interaction is 1v1 so if another player enters the duel outside of specific double team animations the game picks whoever is closest to trigger the various dribble drive animations. and since Thompson was in a position where he would have a step on Scal who was closest to him it triggered the blow by animation.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man I hope live is good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'll probably make a new thread for both NBA Live and 2k this week as the Live Demo's coming out. unless someone else wants to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829735

• Locked thread