Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

##vote taste

Diqnol and taste are so focused on this one thing (to the point diqnol says it would take something epic to get him to change his vote) that is the most null tell ever. loving town vig instantly shoots off his vig and hits town, WELL I NEVER!

I would vote either of them at this point, but taste is trying to twist it into something it isnt, and its been a gradual evolution to get there. He started off by saying "At the worst its a stupid anti-town move!" and now he has evolved that to "It is scummy!" Dude is just trying to feign scum hunting by going after someone who made a faux pas, and usually the people doing that are more likely scum than the player who just goes and kills someone immediately.

Right, ok, I think I see what Taste is saying.

Taste said both

Tremendous Taste posted:

It was *at best* a stupid, careless anti-town move, and in that scenario I don't think we're losing much relative to the benefit of it being the former scenario
and

Tremendous Taste posted:

Murdering a town player for no reason is scummy

but Jake is making an argument based on misreading that first Taste post, which, whatever - misreads happen

but when Taste points out that Jake didn't read the post correctly, Jake is just doubling down instead of going back and reevaluating. He doesn't care about Taste's actual post history, he's looking for a case to push.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Jake, address why I said "Capps is X," you changed what I said to "Capps is not X" in order to justify your vote, and have since refused to back down

what?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

I feel like there's been a miscommunication. Spiros said he wouldn't be able to post as much because of lack of access to a computer and dislike of mobile posting. Now I think this is a bull poo poo excuse personally, but I've seen it used in multiple games by multiple people.

Oh I misread/misremembered. ##unvote still eh, but not so scummy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What he said

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

but Jake is making an argument based on misreading that first Taste post, which, whatever - misreads happen

but when Taste points out that Jake didn't read the post correctly, Jake is just doubling down instead of going back and reevaluating. He doesn't care about Taste's actual post history, he's looking for a case to push.

Im not misreading it and I realize he said "at best anti-town" but he throws that all away and locks in on just calling him scummy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
no longer considering that he might just be town that messed up (which happens all the time)

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

Dawny, what's your opinion on jake's error?

I really wish he would quote you changing what you said, and I think it's based on semantics, which is something I've made arguments on, but I'm not sure it's inherently 'scummy'. I'm more interested in the people who've stayed completely out of everything and have been just watching, people without strong opinions are far more scummy to me then people with them.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

So if you didn't misread it, why did you intentionally misrepresent what I'm saying? I've allied Capps scum all day, especially early on

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If you read my mafia games I often point out how stupid it is to lynch someone for breaking the norms of mafia, because generally town are more likely to do that and scum are more careful

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

So if you didn't misread it, why did you intentionally misrepresent what I'm saying? I've allied Capps scum all day, especially early on

saying a best he is anti-town town is not calling him scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

While Capps being town is in the realm of possibility I only ever referenced it as not being worth avoiding the lynch

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

Lmao

What do you think every other possibility would constitute

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I also explicitly say "Capps is scum" a number of times

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

It is though. It means "(Capps is probably scum but) at best she's anti-town."

Are you just uncomfortable with the idea that someone might be expressing uncertainty in mafia? This is weird.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Lmao

What do you think every other possibility would constitute

That he is town that made a misplay

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

It is though. It means "(Capps is probably scum but) at best she's anti-town."

Are you just uncomfortable with the idea that someone might be expressing uncertainty in mafia? This is weird.

No i was fine with the post at that point, but he has thrown the possibility of PBS being town out the window and upgrade his take to PBS is scum to make it more serious when people werent voting with him

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I am starting to agree with this, the hyper defensive nature of how he's posting is starting to feel really scummy.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think this matches capps' scum style

Tremendous Taste posted:

well yes obviously, but she isn't [town]

Tremendous Taste posted:

1 - capps rolls scum
2- capps says/does something scummy d1/2
3- people argue it's too scummy to be scum
4- I vote capps and yell otherwise until lurkers vote capps and everyone else relents in disgust
5- capps flips scum

this has happened like 4 times in the past year or two

Tremendous Taste posted:

the fact that we agree [Capps is scum] isn't compelling enough?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like seriously we are talking about a day 1 vig that hit a town here

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

link the 4 times

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If you can prove that that part of your posting isn't some bullshit you made up to make your case seem stronger I'll vote with you

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

JakeP posted:

like seriously we are talking about a day 1 vig that hit a town here

But this isn't even about PBS anymore, it's about your behavior afterwords.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I've played mafia here for like 5 years now? I don't think I have even seen 4 games with a scum vig

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Li Dawny posted:

But this isn't even about PBS anymore, it's about your behavior afterwords.

the fact that it is about a vig that killed town on day 1 is part of the reason I am so adamant about it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You know you can click on those quotes, right?

I've been on the Capps as scum train from the start. If you want me to apologize for not even considering any other scenario you can keep waiting

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

You know you can click on those quotes, right?

I've been on the Capps as scum train from the start. If you want me to apologize for not even considering any other scenario you can keep waiting

What? No I mean link me to the 4 games that capps vigged someone day 1 as scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh lol you're going off the reservation to ask about meta

Check votefinder. I know league II is one for sure and some CYOA

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
No you are the one saying it happened you are the one that would know what games to check

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That's not what I said. You're misreading again~

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
You are using it as part of your case for why people should vote with you back it up, or Im calling you a liar

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Why is Jake suddenly the focus? This is not "hyper defensive" or whatever.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

JakeP posted:

That he is town that made a misplay

So you think that Capps could be purposely torpedoing the game? If it's not a misplay that leaves two options, one that he's scum, and the other that you're entertaining the possibility that he is actively sabotaging his own win condition?

"It wasn't a misplay" is a super duper hardline stance to take while leaving open mafia suicide.

This isn't thinking things through, this is just throwing poo poo at the wall.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

That's not what I said. You're misreading again~

ok your right

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Says/does something scummy =/= vigs town

Stop flailing

##vote jake

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dear TT+JP

Get a room and hug it out

Regards,
Everyone

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Truth Quark posted:

Him spending pages defending PBS isn't hyper defensive? I mean, sure, if you don't think that defending someone is defensive.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

Dear TT+JP

Get a room and hug it out

Regards,
Everyone

I wouldnt even be interacting with him if he wasn't constantly posting about me and then complaining that I am not posting back immediately

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Truth Quark posted:

he's posting dishonest garbage is the reason he's the focus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just got a note via PM that says Busb is a serial killer.

• Locked thread