Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Trabisnikof posted:

Atheism requires faith since it has a premise that is impossible to support by evidence.

Atheism isn't backed by science, it isn't backed by empiricism and can never be.

This is false.

While it is not absolutely possible to prove that god doesn't exist, choosing not to believe based on an absolute lack of evidence that a magical, extratemporal sky-being exists is exactly the kind of hypothesizing that occurs in science.

We have laws of gravity without knowing whether these laws apply throughout the known universe. Based on all our observation, gravity is universal--but it is unprovable because we can't observe the entire universe.

Acting as though an evidence-based (or lack thereof) opinion is analogous to a belief in supernatural fairy-tales because they are both 'unprovable' is silly and smacks of truth-in-the-middle bullshit.

/derail

So is Trump just quietly believing that racist white folks are actually the majority in America, or is he trying to get 0% favorability with african americans AND hispanics/latinos as well?

His dogged insistence on being as radical as possible is the sort of poo poo the inspires respect from idiots, but any reasonable person is just like 'godDAMN' whenever he speaks.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

iospace posted:

Prior to a recent law, parents would buy I think (and don't quote me on this) three pens: one for school, one for travel, and one for home. The school one was generally kept in the health room. Obama signed a law within the last couple of years authorizing schools to keep a communal pen, in case a kid has a severe reaction to an unknown allergy, they need a backup in case the student's normal pen has been used, and other reasons.

A bunch of my idiotic libertarian dickwad friends (sever) took Econ 101 and have decided this is OBAMA AND THE GOVERNMENT'S FAULT FOR INCREASING DEMAND. IT'S SIMPLE SUPPLY AND DEMAND LIBTARDS.

I can tell you unequivocally (i'm a medic) that sometimes the first dose of Epi is not enough to stop severe anaphylaxis--and depending on time constraints, having multiple epipens around is a good move for public health. Multiple doses are frequently needed along with inhaled beta-agonists and IV steroids and antihistamines. But multiple Epi doses will keep you from succumbing to anaphylactic shock until EMS can arrive.

But no, no, lets argue in defense of the profits of a multibillion dollar international conglomerate and pretend that this super-cheap, incredibly old drug is totally worth 600$....

gently caress this stupid country.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

iospace posted:

Ok, don't get me wrong here, I'm not surprised prices went up. Demand did increase, supply had to catch up, they go up, but now is the point where, you know, they generally go down that the supply is there.

But lolnope.

Gods I hate libertarians nearly as much as republicans. And now that line isn't so clear either.

Well, the fact that they immediately offered 300$ coupons to quell public outrage shows that the increases are pure profit and not market-driven in any way.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

This is an argument for maximum undocumented immigrants imo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

When people talk about 'fascism with a smile,' they're talking about Kellyanne Conway.

She's fantastic at faking a smile and transitioning back into making GBS threads on Clinton when Mika actually asked her tough questions. Just sitting there and scolding HRC for 'offensive remarks' and smiling and when she asked why Trump isn't held accountable for his words, she just smiles and starts talking about how the media is in Hillary's pocket and blah blah blah

:barf:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

William F Cuckley posted:

Whoa wait a minute, Mika sloughed off her ambien and vodka induced haze to speak long enough to not be interrupted by Morning Joe?

What sort of devil trickery is this?

She's getting drilled on Morning Joe right now and even Mika is participating. It's kind of hilarious, but Kellyanne has that soft voice and cloak of cognitive dissonance you need to mollify the image of an impending dictatorship. I'm oddly impressed.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kilroy posted:

I'll vote for her corpse over Trump and I am worried, or at least I was. Watching that video last night when it first came out was brutal.

If she was working through pneumonia then I think it's fine. And if there's more to it I hope at least she can hold out until after the election and the inauguration. If she's not being forthcoming about her health then that's a result of her being the most guarded and risk-averse politician in contemporary American history, if not all American history - having come of political age in the 90s I understand why that's so. Oh well.

The right conducts 25+ year smear campaign against her, then is confused and confrontational about why she is guarded about the details of her life.

This loving country, man.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The only reason these loving idiots care about Clinton's walking pneumonia is because they've been postulating in their hamster-cage-smelling basements about the Hidden Maladies of Hillary Rodham for months and months. It is confirmation bias at its worst.

These are the same dickheads that really believe Donald Trump is the Healthiest Candidate Ever and that he has Incredible Stamina, or that that has loving anything to do with anything.

Whatever. Their opinions are worth less than nothing.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

fits my needs posted:

Why do so many people hate Hillary Clinton compared to Trump? Like have 8 years of Obama made people forget how bad Bush and company hosed the country after being given a blank check to enact policy after 9/11?

My parents, who both voted for Clinton in 92, refer to her as 'THAT BITCH' or 'HILDABEAST' (unironically) because the right has systematically spend 25 years tearing her down for having the balls to tell conservative men to go gently caress themselves.

In spite of the fact that her policies are pretty generally far right of actual social democracies, she is a 'communist' who will 'kill us with taxes' and 'destroy our military.'

None of this is founded in facts--but people are dumb and if you repeat something enough times, a casual observer will accept it as fact.

It is amazing she has withstood a quarter-century of character assassination, and I admire her for that. No wonder she's loving secretive.

And I can't wait until she's slipping a knife between the ribs of the congressional conservatives while whispering a lullaby.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Cythereal posted:

How the gently caress is "We don't agree with the KKK" such a hard thing for the GOP to say? Yeah I know some if not many of them agree with the KKK, but it's like the GOP doesn't want minorities voting for them.

Alienating your base is a large hurdle.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

HannibalBarca posted:

Here's a brief but essentially non-crazy doctor's note for Trump.

OH MY GOD he did not list his loving testosterone levels....

:laffo:

What a loving infant.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Noam Chomsky posted:

It's an important part of men's health, though I'm sure that's not the only or even the reason it was listed.

Oh, I'm aware that it is a reasonable check--but to mention it prominently in a health disclosure is hilarious.

This isn't just a copy of his labwork, and that was totally intentional.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Hey. Hey guys.

Bin Laden won.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

happyhippy posted:

In hundreds of years time, someone will do a modern take on the Art of War by Sun Tzu, and cite how a few plane tickets, a few $5 box cutters and a $50 copy of a flight simulator can cost the enemy trillions.

Pretty much.

He destroyed our sense of safety, which in turn led our opportunist legislators to use it to erode our civil rights and surveil private citizens without fear of retribution, spend trillions on our military and defense contractors, and use fear mongering as the ultimate party platform.

Mission Accomplished indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/leezeldin/status/777897972499488768

Jesus Christ This Take just melted my monitor.

Is there any occupation that needs its balls licked for just doing their jobs as much as law enforcement officers?

• Locked thread