Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

thathonkey posted:

if they gave lowtax a twitter star theyd have to start handing them out to everyone

im pretty sure they hand them out to anyone who has typed or spoken enough words about videogames onto the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I am blocked by brian on twittrt

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Internaut! posted:

the saddest thing is caring about your status on a platform that elevates people like Brianna Wu

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I don't use the twitter

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This is an invitation to all of us to create fake Lowtax twitter accounts. It'll be like Spartacus but with hashtags.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
I think Lowtax should take it up the rear end from Anita Sarkeesian.
I'm sure she can vouch for him then, considering that she works for Twitter's Ministry of Truth.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
What's lowtaxes claim to fame?

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Jack Trades posted:

I think Lowtax should take it up the rear end from Anita Sarkeesian.
I'm sure she can vouch for him then, considering that she works for Twitter's Ministry of Truth.

Vouching systems work, it's bad news when the grapevine gets damaged.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Tony Homo posted:

What's lowtaxes claim to fame?

He made some dumb website for retards or something?

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Jack Trades posted:

He made some dumb website for retards or something?

Arguably the most prolific internet comedian of the last 2 decades, seeding everyone from Maddox to Anita to 4chan to Cracked.com. Y'all need better union representation if you aren't taking care of your institutional leadership.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
actually i like to think that it is the forum posters, you and me, the every man, that actually built this place. lowtax is just riding the coat tails of our awesome content production.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Aralan posted:

Every time something makes me look at Lowtax's twitter it bums me out that he lives in flyover country. He could at least be begging for our :10bux: in manhattan or something
why do you think fragmaster moved here?

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

thathonkey posted:

actually i like to think that it is the forum posters, you and me, the every man, that actually built this place. lowtax is just riding the coat tails of our awesome content production.

I feel as though the forum posters of SA may have gotten a bit ahead of themselves :-) Forums are meant to be inclusive, and generate income for example. When did forum posters gain the right to prevent that?

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

What is this check mark star bullshit? Is it another one of those (((jew))) things? I don't think Lowtax is Jewish.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
id help but im blocked by lowtax on twitter - should probably flag his account instead have him banned for the mean harassment his website "something awful" promotes

White Phosphorus posted:

What is this check mark star bullshit? Is it another one of those (((jew))) things? I don't think Lowtax is Jewish.

basically it means the guy who runs twitter knows you and thinks your cool. its the ultimate imaginary corporate nonsense awards for being a clown

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

reallivedinosaur posted:

id help but im blocked by lowtax on twitter - should probably flag his account instead have him banned for the mean harassment his website "something awful" promotes

basically it means the guy who runs twitter knows you and thinks your cool. its the ultimate imaginary corporate nonsense awards for being a clown

And yet a lot of teens and young adults look for stuff like this to point them to authority figures that are verified as decent by Twitter media. Back in the day we just looked for the person that Maddox and the newsgroup ppl didn't troll. Man how the grapevine changes.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Verification apparently gives you a bunch of features that makes twitter a not lovely platform to use, so there is some genuine reason to want it. Verification enables a bunch of different filtering options that free you from interacting with jerks unless you seek out the jerk-interaction experience. If you are e- or actual famous this supposedly makes twitter amazing, because your thousands of followers who all love you become like a more advanced version of google/amazon services, delivering you any information you ask of them.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

reallivedinosaur posted:

It's widely known that Lowtax and SA in general hates women.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
you can set up automatic block lists without a blue check mark if you want

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]
Maybe there was some kind of clerical mix-up at Twitter headquarters and this guy got verified instead?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Verified filtering isn't a block list, or at least not a lovely one like the ones you can sign up for. I think it's done semi-manually by twitter staff. There are other verified features as well, I think. idk I don't even have twitter, I'm just repeating poo poo ive overheard while stalking various celebrities.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moon Atari posted:

Verified filtering isn't a block list, or at least not a lovely one like the ones you can sign up for. I think it's done semi-manually by twitter staff. There are other verified features as well, I think. idk I don't even have twitter, I'm just repeating poo poo ive overheard while stalking various celebrities.

wow thats so cool you can have twitter staff decide who you interact with

thats so awesome to have a corporation reassure you that you are a famous celebrity

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Aralan posted:

if i was a twitter control dude i would deverify minor celebrities once a shift just to see what kind of weird shitfit happened online afterwards. Occasionally I'd just deny a minor e-celeb their checkmark as well for the same reason

Stand back, miss... I'm from Tweet Control

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

reallivedinosaur posted:

wow thats so cool you can have twitter staff decide who you interact with

thats so awesome to have a corporation reassure you that you are a famous celebrity

I don't know what you're talking about. I loving love it when Twitter is pounding my rear end while whispering that I'm a good gender-neutral boy into my ear.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Jack Trades posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. I loving love it when Twitter is pounding my rear end while whispering that I'm a good gender-neutral boy into my ear.

GG

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

So it's like some kind of digital feudalism? Yet another thing that Lowtax pioneered with these very forums. He doesn't need twitter he has us on these very forums. You can check my post history and see all the quality content I have contributed just in the past few months!

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Internaut! posted:

the saddest thing is caring about your status on a platform that elevates people like Brianna Wu

what's it like to know that she's more important than you or anyone related to you will ever be

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

AugmentedVision posted:

what's it like to know that she's more important than you or anyone related to you will ever be

plagiarists are bad but listen and believe was pretty self-destructive true say

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

look all all these angry people in this thread

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

White Phosphorus posted:

So it's like some kind of digital feudalism? Yet another thing that Lowtax pioneered with these very forums. He doesn't need twitter he has us on these very forums. You can check my post history and see all the quality content I have contributed just in the past few months!

why would lowtax care about twitter at all when he can start any old lovely thread in GBS and be told how great and funny he is.

how many retweets do you think "do you have stairs in your house?" is going to get these days

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLQrk-iaMY

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

MiracleWhale posted:

sounds like a generic dr. pepper ripoff that comes in a sparkly can

That's Dr Faygo, the t is invisible but pronounced anyway.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

reallivedinosaur posted:

why would lowtax care about twitter at all when he can start any old lovely thread in GBS and be told how great and funny he is.

how many retweets do you think "do you have stairs in your house?" is going to get these days

Lowtax is a public figure internet hero and heart breaker love maker. He can just hire or get people to write him tweets pro bono and he's smart enough to self-edit anyway. No idea about the Lowtax hostility. He's a saint for tolerating it.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hidden Asbestos posted:

Maybe there was some kind of clerical mix-up at Twitter headquarters and this guy got verified instead?

That's Lowtax, so no, he didn't :confused:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Is twitter owned by YouTube, or is it just a coincidence that they've both started stomping down wrongthink and dissenting ideas?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Low Tax can't get verified because Twitter knows he died in prison in 2013 while serving his murder conviction.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Internaut! posted:

who the gently caress is brianna wu

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

David Corbett posted:

who the gently caress is brianna wu
it's not worth knowing about

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

it's not worth knowing about

slut but are you a dumpsterslut like me :"D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

AugmentedVision posted:

what's it like to know that she's more important on twitter than you or anyone related to you will ever be

people who live on twitter and make money for twitter by creating twitter traffic and positive twitter news get their important person star. who knew?

lowtax isn't twitter verified because he hardly uses the thing. that's not the example you should set if you also want to be important on a corporate content platform.

• Locked thread