Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I got my PWG "Thirteen" DVD and watched that instead of Raw.

Did I make the smart choice?

I didn't watch Raw but I did like Thirteen a lot! I do want to see that title match again, I loved it at the time.

Alan_Shore posted:

Should I watch Raw? I haven't read any spoilers, is it worth it? Raw is becoming a slog. Can you believe up until this year I had NEVER missed a Raw since I started watching, twelve years ago?

CHRIST

That's a whole lot of hours spent watching some really dire wrestling, yikes

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

abraham linksys posted:

this sounds good though and i hope it is on youtube. sami sounds uncharacteristically rude to jericho here tho

WWE 'even our faces are assholes' syndrome

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

DukeofCA posted:

Take Rovert's advice and stop day drinking.

Day drinking rules though

The_Rob posted:

It's funny too because not only was his match that night with Kalisto really awesome. I remember saying that him going out there and using every heel tactic in the book was the first time I was ever interested in Ryback. It makes so much sense that the wwe wants you to not actually be interested in a wrestler.

Remember that Vince wants the WWE brand to be the draw and not the individual wrestlers and that perspective justifies all their horrible baffling decisions in his mind.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

It's almost as good as that Miz/Ziggler match, which is really good

It was pretty good sure, which is more than I can say for just about any Miz OR Ziggler match in a really long time

Ryan Ward is a magician

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

vince is the kind of insane carny that the biz is sorely missing these days and the company, and by extension world will be lesser without him

At the same time, it's hard to believe that the quality of WWE programming will not improve substantially without him having the final say on the direction of the booking and things like scripted promos and so forth

He doesn't necessarily need to die for this to happen but by all accounts he's an insane workaholic so it would have to get pretty bad for him to step down voluntarily

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Alain Post posted:

yeah. specifically the lack of anyone to replace Cena.

If only they hadn't wasted two entire years trying to get Reigns over at the expense of everyone else when it wouldn't take

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Aye Doc posted:

is there even someone else from these past 2 years that could have been the next Cena besides the handsome blue-eyed samoan?

Probably not? Maybe if they had turned Rollins face during his reign and stopped booking him like a complete geek? They've never gotten behind somebody the fans actually like to the same degree as Roman so there's no way to know.

If they had figured out to push Bryan about 3 years before his brain turned to swiss cheese then maybe they wouldn't be in this position, but they've got nobody to blame for that but themselves.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Should've let Bryan have the belt in 2013. The fan hatred wouldn't have been what it was if they let him have a summerslam or HiaC to Rumble run or whatever.

The time to do it was at Hell in a Cell and then have him hold the title until the Brock switch at Summerslam, but instead they had to do that unfathomably stupid HBK gently caress finish.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NienNunb posted:

Who is uglier James Ellsworth or Baron Corbin. Me and my girlfriend have been arguing all night. I'm saying Ellsworth, she's saying Corbin.

I think Corbin is ugly as hell but Ellsworth actually doesn't have a chin.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

his signature move on the indies is escaping from a chinlock

Are you loving with me? Because if not that's the greatest thing I've ever heard.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Tato posted:

My favorite part of Smackdown is that the wrestlers on it actually care about winning and losing. Winning means getting titles, earning respect, being able to feed your family, etc. Losing isn't shrugged off or never mentioned again, it actually wears on the wrestlers and they get pissed off at coming up short, being foiled, or having Daniel Bryan poo poo talk them on Talking Smack.

There isn't constant 50/50 booking, sometimes people just straight up lose feuds and have to deal with it and the repercussions. Also, no authority figures are running in and causing interference and winning titles for people. Yeah, there's interference and screwjobs, but it's the wrestlers themselves doing it to each other and it furthers the storylines.

Now imagine if Raw didn't have like 80% of WWE's good wrestlers

I was fantasy booking earlier on Twitter that Cesaro should use the title shot from winning the best of 7 series on Styles and switch brands in the process. It would be a cool swerve, goes a long way to solving the horrible parity problem between rosters, and finally gives Cesaro a drat direction for once. Not to mention that it sets up what would assuredly be a kickass match to main or semi-main Survivor Series, since the No Mercy main is already established. Plus Cesaro even said in his post-draft promo that he would rather have been on Smackdown so it's in character!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

Season 2 had the best Punisher that wasn't in War Zone

That's about the best thing I can say about season 2

The Punisher stuff was so good and the Elektra stuff was so not, and the worst part is that the way that season ended makes me think that we're in for a lot of near-identical ninja fights in that show's future

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

I'm more offended at the idea of having to take the Wyatt family seriously in 2016 than the idea of The Rock pinning Eric Rowan in 10 seconds

He could have been good (and maybe one day will!) and I'll believe that until the end of my days

Remember the one night he got to wrestle babyface and it was actually awesome? And then he got hurt and they dropped it immediately as soon as he came back.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I mean they're kind of right about Bryan needing some time to adjust to being an on-screen personality without wrestling but lmao at the rest of it

Even despite that he's already contributing to a far more compelling angle as an authority figure than Mick

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

Who's excited for the female CWC

Wonder when Mia Yim's TNA contract is up

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

so uhhh, good news, gran metalik might not have to worry about finishing his dates in mexico

So that wouldn't have been an issue with him winning the CWC to begin with, excellent

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

its difficult to say when this decision was made but there are other advantages to tjp winning i.e. a handsome boy who speaks english

lol at the idea that they're going to care enough about the cruisers to give them promo time

I'm sure it makes logistical sense for them, just let me be salty about a redpill dipshit being rewarded

Alain Post posted:

TJ versus Metalik on RAW. Licking my lips.

I thought you only liked wrestlers that do lovely-looking strikes and nothing else

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Clearly racism is a serious problem for TJ Perkins

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Gaz-L posted:

I'd point out that Metalik also still had dates for CMLL, but Alberto proves Vince doesn't give a gently caress about the big Mexican promotions.

The luchadors don't give a gently caress about their promotions, especially when they make much better money doing dates in the States thanks to the strength of the dollar.

But yeah, Tozawa still has a Dream Gate challenge coming up for his farewell to the company, so him not being on Raw yet makes sense.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall at gorilla when it's time for the first Jack Gallagher match on Raw

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

keevo posted:

Where's Tozawa?!?

Still has dates left to finish, like Gallagher and Kendrick. And maybe Nese, did he sign? If they had interest I can't imagine why he wouldn't, it's not like he's burning up the indie scene anyway.

Chris James 2 posted:

That's probably exactly the plan and even already has the kayfabe excuse of Foley being mad about them taking Ellsworth

tbh if they just switch midcard champions Smackdown gets the better end of that deal, and I don't even like Rusev as much as most people

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Sanguinia posted:

TJ Perkins is the New England Patriots of Cruiserweights. A giant piece of poo poo who wins even though everybody hates him and always beats the people everyone loves, and also acts like he's the beloved hero despite those other facts.

I'm going to enjoy booing him until Swann gets the belt that is rightfully his.

I like Rich Swann a lot, probably more than most, but Cedric Alexander is the obvious guy to carry the cruiserweight division of the people they've signed.

Sami should absolutely not be moved to the cruiserweight division, he should be in the main event scene especially now that Owens is a world champion.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It's absolutely OK to dislike him, as long as people admit that much like Roman Reigns, their hated is based on his race.

The 'smarks just don't like Roman Reigns because they're all racist!' thing is such an eye-rolling concern troll when the New Day is still thoroughly beloved despite their segments being mostly dogshit for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Alain Post posted:

I'm glad the white WWE crowd likes the happy smiling dancing black wrestlers.

Hmm yes, that's why they got over instantly when they debuted the gimmick without any issue at all

• Locked thread