Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

If you won't try to find coherence in the world, have the courtesy of becoming apathetic.

This is the 8th sandcastle type thread, for those keeping track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

If you won't try to find coherence in the world, have the courtesy of becoming apathetic.

Oops, my bad. I reset some credentials last night and I thought I checked everything. I forgot the sslptest had a separate db login.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

It also shouldn't be loving 90MB of PNGs. Convert them to JPGs and it'll be a fraction of that size.

One of these is 1.6MB, one is 143KB:

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

I wrote this user script for Proteus over 8 years ago (gently caress me) because he was just as lazy about clicking once and looking. I updated it to work with the new forums layout and also removed some video hosts because I don't think anyone is hosting on gamevee or google video anymore.

It adds an ask/tell style second tag to the forum list which defaults to something generic, to avoid spamming the forum with requests. If you click once it will try and guess the type by whether there are more links to video hosts or forum posts, and updates the tag. You can then click it again just to toggle locally between if you want.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

I've been staying within a couple of weeks of my queue these days, so that's not it. I only pay attention to requests from authors though, because I want to make sure they're OK with their thread being posted and so that I know if there are any edits/layout tweaks/whatever then it's gotten the greenlight from them. I think everyone knows about the archive so if the author hasn't requested it then that's a sign that maybe they don't want their thread up.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

It was tinypic:

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Obong-Ni Ridge: Turn 2

Our Machinegunners and Snipers are capable of stopping the visible North Korean infantry formation. Ideally, during this mission, you fight the enemy to a standstill during their turn and repulse them during yours.

A mortar barrage is lined up, which will hopefully supress the initial charge to the point where an initial lucky charge is impossible.

You may also notice that there are fighter sections available. This will be useful once push comes to shove and we want to rake the entire North Korean force in one blow.

One of our snipers takes some return fire when he tries to fire at the North Koreans; he doesn't fire again for the turn, but this still turns out to be a blessing in disguise. Not only was the sniper not hit (the attack percentages were all 1-5), but a few North Korean units revealed themselves while attacking.

An 82mm barrage hits the Marines on the central ridge. I don't believe there are any casualties but they have their heads down (rallies were mostly successful though).

This bombardment was a herald for the arrival of the T-34/85's. The tank assault wasn't very successful though; not only were all of the tanks buttoned repeatedly, but none of them got an attack off, and while firing a BAR at the northern T-85, some stray shots caused seven casualties to a sapper section that was hiding near it.

The North Korean infantry force looks like it's slowly dissolving in some sort of acid (and the acid is bullets).

A huge part of this battle comes down to whether we can eliminate the first wave of tanks successfully. One or two of them already narrowly avoided shots from M20 bazookas, so I think we should destroy at least one next turn. I'm still quite concerned about the precision of that 82mm barrage; I'm worried if the enemy can repeat that kind of luck.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

I was out of action pretty much all of december because I was moving cross-country. Unfortunately now that I've I arrived it's taken longer than I hoped to get internet hooked up, so I'm still on tethered mobile.

Once I'm able to update, I'll catch up. There's only ~30 or so in the queue right now so it'll only take a weekend or so.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Which reminds me, I noticed someone hotlinking images off the LP Archive on these forums recently, which didn't load correctly over HTTPS, because the LP Archive certificate only lists baldurk.org as a valid domain. Assuming hotlinking Archive images on the SA forums is okay, could you fix that?

Right I don't have an SSL cert set up for the archive since it doesn't really need one on its own. I didn't think of people linking images from the forums though, so I can set one up soon.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

FYI I've cleared out my inbox - everyone who'd sent me an email about archiving should have a reply by now.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

The archive is 10 years old today.

I've given the archive a bit of a retro feel for a day, to celebrate!

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

baldurk posted:

Yeh I updated to HSTS on lpix last night, I forgot about the uploaders that might barf instead of picking that up.

For sharex I think it's a simple fix, just update the config to point to https. When it POSTs to http://lpix.org/api it redirects and only does a GET to https://lpix.org/api which is why it fails. I updated the config if you want to copy paste.

For rightload it's more of a ball-ache. It ships a version of curl, but rightload is so old that the curl dll is from 2008 (!) and can't handshake, and the cert bundle it includes isn't up to date. I've updated the plugin but the install is more involved now since I have to include an updated curl + openssl + cert bundle. So when you get the zip, there are two dlls to put in the root of rightload's folder alongside the exe, and then a plugins folder where you copy the stuff in from there.

Also I make no guarantees that the rightload poo poo is safe/secure, only that it seems to work for me when I tested it. Fun fact: if I return https as the URLs on lpix from the plugin, the bbcode stuff completely breaks and just prints "{Unknown URL}" because it doesn't understand what to do with https. So I had to return http anyway and rely on your browser to do the right thing. The fix for that is to stop using an old abandoned program, I guess.

FYI.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

ivantod posted:

Hey baldurk, is the API at https://lpix.org/api actually documented anywhere? Since these automatic uploaders all seem to be for Windows so I wanted to put something together that doesn't need Windows (unless somebody knows of a similar program already existing for Linux or MacOS)?

Also, let me add to the appreciation of the time and effort you spend to maintain all these services!

I added some simple documentation in if you just visit the API url. It's fairly simple/self-explanatory.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

Side note, I've also now configured https + HSTS on lparchive now, so that should all work fine with linking and image hosting from the forums.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

I forgot baldurdash was still using flash. I switched over to <video> tags, should work now.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

What exactly is slow? Uploading from the website, from a program like sharex or whatever? Browsing your galleries? Just loading images embedded in a thread?

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

Should be fixed now. Sorry about that, I had a calendar event in to renew the certs back at the start of the month but it didn't have an actual popup set so I completely forgot.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

FYI I'm going to be moving the lparchive/lpix/etc server to a new host on saturday morning my time - so somewhere between 1am-4am US time most likely.

It should be fairly transparent, I'll close lpix for uploads on the old server, make sure any recent uploads are transferred, then swap the DNS. After a few hours the new server should be responding to all queries and everything will go on as normal from there. If you find anything that's broken or whatever just let me know, I think I checked most things but I probably forgot some little thing somewhere.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

Switchover is done, DNS propagation seems to be pretty much sorted now although there's always a handful of slow holdouts.

Let me know if something is busted.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

Really Pants posted:

It looks like some unicode characters aren't working right in the screenshot tester. ♪ gets turned into a question mark, for example.

I think I've fixed it, try again now.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

Dreamhost is being DDos'd leading to DNS resolve failures.

You can hosts file it temporarily to 209.133.211.153 but remember to delete it after things are back to normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

FYI for anyone doing SSLPs, if you haven't before then please read r1ch's image format guide or whatever modern equivalent. In particular please don't host GBs of png screenshots of a modern 3D game, it's a pain in the rear end to host and it's wasteful for everyone else's bandwidth too.