Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Skyrim decided to not-quite-crash in a way that took away my mouse cursor (:confused:) and I force reset my computer in frustration after trying and failing for five minutes to just close everything, which would've been easier had Windows understood that typing in Task Manager should load Task Manager.

Control-alt-escape opens the task manager directly, might be helpful next time. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I slept through my alarm and was late to work and it's raining like crazy and I hate having to be anywhere but home in this kind of weather. Hate driving in it, hate being at work, just wanna be at home in bed or maybe gaming on my computer.

Edit: Oh yeah, also I'm pretty much broke until the 8th even though payday is tomorrow, because processing my federal student loans' income-based repayment application takes 15-20 days so I'm still having to pay that $400 this month...which is basically an entire check. And the rain just stayed coming down harder while I'm stuck out under the patio for the supervised tobacco break for my work's residents.

taiyoko has a new favorite as of 01:08 on Jan 23, 2017

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I have no idea what I did to it, but my shoulder is absolutely killing me. Didn't get to sleep until 7:30-8 AM this morning because of it, now it's back with a vengeance. And of course, it's my writing side when I have a fuckload of envelopes I need to address to send out.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

Grandpa turned 90 today.

Why is that lovely? Is he an rear end in a top hat, or did you bet money he'd be dead already?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Went outside, didn't turn on the porch light, missed the last step. Now I'm nursing a twisted ankle.

Obviously this means I should never go outside again, too dangerous. :pseudo:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Holy poo poo, my porch got me, this week, too. Today is the first day I've been able to move with any freedom since Monday morning. I was sure it had to be fractured, but x-rays were apparently negative.

My porch is three steps high, and I heard a LOT of crunching when I landed on my ankle, which was turned 90 degrees from my calf. They wanted a CAT scan for my head, but traveling was way, way too painful.

You've got it way worse than me, then. Hurt like hell for an hour or two, hobbled around the house a little with my mom's cane, but now I can at least put weight on it and stand for a while. Still hurts if I try to flex it.

And tomorrow (well, later today at this point), we're taking my niece to Legoland for her birthday. Might borrow the cane again just in case it starts complaining again after I'm on it too long. Hope yours gets better soon!

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

As someone who worked at Legoland CA for 2 summers, sorry. God that place is expensive and there's not a lot for adults to do after you've looked at Miniland. (Unless they've added some stuff in the last 10+ years? I know it got better after Lego sold it to a theme park company.)

This wasn't like the big theme park kind, it wss inside a mall. It was pretty neat to see the replicas of Atlanta landmarks, the little light gun ride was fun, the 4d movie was all right but me and 3d effects have never gotten along properly. Still, the kids had fun, and at least we got the "entry after 3pm" discount tickets. I'd say it was worth the $12 each tickets. Ankle is doing better today, but thank God that on Sunday the place had a little cafeteria in it so I could just sit and let the kiddos play.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Jeza posted:

just stubbed my little toe so hard

so hard

it's been like twenty minutes and it still hurts real bad. was literally about to go to gym and now I can hardly walk

holy gently caress

my toe

jesus

this is the worst thing that's ever happened

Hope it isn't broken. My sister once broke her toe kicking a door jamb, spiral fracture so they had to twist it back into place. Worst part for her, though, was that the doc didn't wait long enough for the local to kick in, so she had to feel it get twisted back.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Job-hating buddies. :(:hf::(

Had to go to the doctor because my job is giving me carpal tunnel syndrome and the supervisors have been refusing to move me to a position in the line that I'm just as qualified and trained to do, but would be less stress on my wrists. Looking for a new job, but who knows how long that's going to take.

Also, still haven't heard back from the flight academy I applied to and it's driving me crazy. Dreaming of being in the sky is the only thing keeping me going at work right now.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

My boss is taking his vacation this week, because he's gotta use it or lose it. Because of that, it means that out of the nine days between now and next Friday, I'm working 8 of them. Then I get 2 days to let my joints stop wanting me to die and start my new job that is gonna require me to force myself into being a morning person. I also get to wake up in ~6 hours so I can go take my drug test for the new job so I can be sure I'm back in time to go to current job.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm out of my meds, and the lack of anti-depressants has got me into the stage of being angry at everyone and everything for existing, which is not pleasant but I guess it's better than having zero energy for anything at all. Also, this last week at my retail job is gonna kill me before I can get to my new, better paying data entry job, because the store assistant manager is sick and waiting on covid test results now, on the same week the store manager is on vacation. So I've worked the past 5 days in a row and I'm not really expecting to get any of the upcoming four remaining days off either. Theoretically the district manager is gonna try to get a keyholder/manager to come in from another store so neither I nor the other keyholder go into overtime/7+ consecutive days, but I'm not holding my breath.

As it is, I'm still kind of loving off more than usual because what can they do to me at this point? Fire me? :clint:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

It's 6 in the morning and I haven't slept because I've got this wonderful nausea and abdominal pain that I suspect is kidney stones. It's less painful sitting up, but I don't have any furniture to make attempting to sleep sitting up possible. Dug out a hydrocodone from my emergency stash of leftover prescriptions and praying it'll help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Got job at grocery store as a cashier. Eh, whatever, it's a job. But it's making my carpal tunnel syndrome flare back up such that i have been having trouble sleeping, and completely unable to enjoy my day off today because of how much my wrist hurts. Guess I'm gonna have to splint both hands at work, since i apparently start abusing the left if i only do the right.