Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
So uh, how does one use the jerrycans? And where did you get the flashlight.

Also, in my first ten minutes I rolled the loving van down a slope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

HookedOnChthonics posted:

My first death that wasn't remotely my fault--I stopped on the road to read a sign and another car hit me, which didn't damage the van but did spill my precious, precious groceries and motor oil all over the road. Then, as I was picking them up:

That moment-of-death screenshot though :allears:

goty 2017 and I haven't even started putting the car together yet

I'd say my best death so far was having one of the many dead policemen in my van clip through the floor, and flip it end over end into the ground.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

I tried to tow the tractor with my van.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

I dropped my #2 sparkplug into the loving engine.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Okay, so I reloaded to find the spark plug. I got almost everything else installed, but the fuel strainer and brake lines both give me the nogo symbol.

Did I gently caress my bodywork up too badly?

Also, where are the fender #5 bolts

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 31, 2016

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Holy gently caress, the speed wobble is terrifying.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

HATECUBE posted:

holy poo poo the pump truck and tractor have range modes for speed on "R". blew my mind out of my rear end in a top hat one I realized I could go pump'n over 40kph

You can finally sideswipe that motherfucking green bassy satsuma into the trees.

Speaking of exhaust issues: I stuck the tractor under the rear end, and got the front all the way up on the wheels. Two tries and then spinning it around to get it just the right way and voila, exhaust is on.

That car is in the lake now, though. It turned over once, then never started again.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

widespread posted:

The car actually runs for me! Except it ran for a few seconds and then... this.

Is this a simple fix or

You didn't bolt the back of the engine in, did you?

Mine wiggled the engine up out of the bay over the fender, after shooting the half shafts from the sides.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

widespread posted:

I remember doing so. But I'll have to make sure before I start again. I get the feeling there's more bolts to tighten when it comes to engine-to-car connections.

Edit: Actually there's two front bolts. Now I get the squealing everyone else gets.

Edit 2: Squealing stopped. Now to figure out how to get this thing actually moving. And maybe figure out how to reverse.

Ah, there we go!

I was getting the squealing, if I choked to the right level and pumped the throttle I could start the car, roll it back and forward, then it'd die. I tried giving it a few ginger revs with the choke all the way out, only to have a piston vanish into the stratosphere.

Downloaded a save as I wanted to see what it's like. Made the highway, got up to 140, and suddenly the loving thing dies. Can't start it. Got out, and watched a few Saabs rear end it, before technoviking front ended the car sending panels and parts everywhere.

Alright then.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

texasmed posted:

Beer case motor mounting is way better than using the motor hoist. Just takes a minute to figure out how to position the two things.

I guess you could say the Satsuma has a crate motor.

Also fun fact: not sleeping by Tuesday afternoon gives you a heart attack.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

I finally got it running last night. It looks like most of my issues were related to valve timings being turned down too low, same with carb.

Two things.

How fast am I supposed to be revving? Less than a second on the throttle in neutral and I'm at redline.

I was noodling with the carb, and now the fan belt eventually stops spinning, and she overheats bad. What did I do? I tried to turn the idle screw back down, the rad is mounted, as are the hoses, and the loop is filled with coolant...

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

loving hell. I keep failing the inspection on #18, kopi.

What's wrong with the body, rear end in a top hat. Everything is bolted down, it's been painted, the interior is there, and nothing's bent.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Ah gently caress sakes

-Police spawning is now randomized

Also, I found out why my basket didn't pass inspection. The rear bumper wasn't bolted on.

Which means I passed inspection! Only to back my car straight into the ditch leaving the garage.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

JB50 posted:

Sounds like you were in permadeath mode.

Check your locallow folder. You might be able to restore the old version of your save folder.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

All that, and you guys don't care about this.

-Player can now die when driving the truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

ShootaBoy posted:

For real. I took several lives before I finally made it to the shop and back in one piece, and even then I still flipped the van.

It's pretty awesome when you flip the van by the mailboxes near your house.

• Locked thread