Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Kraven Moorhed posted:

I turned permadeath off because I suck at acquiring more sausage and beer. :smith: But it may as well not exist, since dying while your van is anywhere but at the store means game over, unless I'm mistaken.

You could get wasted at the bar and wake up home and then try to tow the van back home with the tractor

Edit:

Note to self: don't try how fast the van can go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSNV9Msep9o

hillo fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Oct 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
Watching some group of engineer students try to build a car on twitch, apparently they started at launch and they just now got the car running and moving for the first time. Drove for 30 meters and the steering, brakes and gears stopped working.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I hope that's recorded. Got a link? That sounds hilarious.

it's in finnish but at 18h 47min mark onward https://www.twitch.tv/tietoteekkarikilta/v/96915153

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
I hate how the spanners go from 5 to 15.

Pretty much all the jap cars I've worked on have been mostly 8-10-13-14-17-19-21 plus maybe the odd 7 and 9

It's also hard to eyeball the size because it's hard to determine how far away you are from the bolt when you are doing all kinds of leaning and crouching camera magic

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Cojawfee posted:

This game really needs vr.

I never get sick motion sickness from games but drinking the viinabottle seriously hosed with me, probably would vomit in 3 seconds with VR

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Harminoff posted:

I wish the store didn't open so late. Also, is there a clock somewhere? I went to bed and figured it was morning but was dark when I got to town. Stood outside until it opened but was pretty much dead at that point.

There's one in the kitchen, don't know about any others other than the one you can plop in to the datsuns dashboard

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

it runs!

it runs exactly this far! thing popped out of gear and won't go back in :negative:

Check the gear linkage and/or the clutch pedal connection to clutch master cylinder

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Applebees Appetizer posted:

This game sounds like hilarious fun, but I barely have time to play half a game of madden these days :(

It's a weird game. I played it "for a minute to test it" last night and then noticed I had played it for 3 hours and most of that time was just suffering. And I enjoyed every minute of that suffering.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Cojawfee posted:

The brakes don't work in my car. All the lines are installed and the fluid is added but the pedal doesn't even move when I hit the brake. Must be some kind of bug.

Most of the bugs get fixed by saving and reloading, try that if you haven't yet

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Pham Nuwen posted:

I believe that's also how you get the engine onto the hoist. You just move the block real close, lower the hoist, and tighten the two bolts. Then save and reload, the engine should now be up in the air.

You don't actually even have to do that, it's just quite finicky with the placement

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
I like how the dev translated some stuff but most of it doesn't pack such punch because it's not translateble.

But I enjoyed this shop visit.

"*english subtitles rain drops* and even in the night.."
-gently caress YOU.
"Nice finger, do you want me to show my meat cleaver to it"
-You're a dick wart
"haista poik(a vittu) thank you for coming"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtM28R-5XIk

hillo fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 25, 2016

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

El Perkele posted:

Do not hit "punch" when in Hiace.

GOTY

I'm 99% sure the dev MADE a punch button and then made the punch buttons next to shift up button. Jesus I had a moment when accidentally punching the windscreen mid corner and not seeing anything

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Cojawfee posted:

It's so crazy that you can just go off into the world and just die randomly. In some games it doesn't seem out of place. In this game, you're just driving your van to the store but you lose control, hit a tree, and then you're in the newspaper.

How do I add more diesel to the tractor? I can't find anywhere to pour fuel in. I dropped off some logs to the guy and then the fuel ran out as soon as I got back to the house. I grabbed the diesel can but couldn't find any fuel filler on the tractor. I poured some around various points of it but the bar never showed up.

you have to put in more diesel at fuel shop or do it from the jerrycan, There's a opening where you have to do it and it's fincky ant poo poo. I've been watching to these guys on twich and they've had police on them for about 9 years. Holy poo poo, I just want to drink a beer. No, wait, this is too real.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Cojawfee posted:

How is everyone adjusting the valves? I'm getting a lot of ticking and there doesnt seem to be a way to easily tell which way to adjust them.

so far the best adjusment I've had has been the drunken half talk with the guy 3 cities aways, welcome to finland

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
Yep, seem's about right

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
Line up the gray pad in the rear back part of the engine with the stub on the subframe, probably easiest way

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
I got the satsuma built. Ran like poo poo and brakes didn't work and alignment was waaay off. Took it to the mechanic because couldn't figure the brake problem out and got alignment, engine adjustment and tune at the same time.

Couple days later I pick it up and it runs and handles like a dream, no problem doing 130km/h on the freeway with 5 cases of beer in the trunk.

...and then piston #4 shoots out when I'm half a kilometer from home.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

StarkRavingMad posted:

poo poo, is that piston actually BENT?

I do like how most stories about this game end with a screenshot of the player flipping something off.

Yes, I was 200% happy after spending like 6 hours ingame to get the car running and had plans to make the car better and then the engine made a loud boom and came to a halt.

Time to haul some poo poo for FIM and get it running again.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

HATECUBE posted:

that, dangerous animals in the wilderness and volume control

Option to change fly&mosquito noise from realistic to annoying

And the option not actually doing anything.

It's amazing how many people are bitching about the mosquito noises on steam discussions sayin they won't play if it's like this. I don't understand how you can get so annoyed by it, you get used to it in 5 minutes just like in real life when summer comes

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Iretep posted:

only dangerous animals are mooses, reindeer and bears. adders are only deadly to children and sickly old people.

playing today and friend watching from the sofa he commented the game should have mooses. The deadliest animal in Finland. I already nearly shat myself few times when some fucker was on wrong lane and I had to do quick dodge to not die. But mooses deffo should be in the game, I've had one close encounter when doing 100kmh+ IRL and I think my heart did about 500bpm for next 5 minutes

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
There's about 5 million bolts on the brake lines. There's also some bug with them that will get fixed with next update.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
I've fallen through the map once jumping in to a ditch on the freeway and once the van flipped when I got in it and killed me. Other than that in the 16 hours I've played this game has been quite smooth sailing

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Cojawfee posted:

You aren't really stealing the car since he lets you borrow it. It's also a poo poo cat with controller steering.

You can make a lot of money with wood. I chopped a bunch and made over 2k. Probably the same time as the farther out sewage jobs.

Full trailer is 3200mk, takes ages to do though

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

JointHorse posted:

After writing that, I wonder what's the point of the fines if you can't pay them.

Just like real life then. Though I doubt they send you angry letters in game.

And in 95 I think you could do jail time to pay off your fines, can't do that anymore

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
I've went back to drinking beer from glass bottle cases thanks to this game, and holy poo poo drinking from a bottle rather than a lovely aluminium can is so much better.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

OP PLEASE

So I restarted the game completely. Multiple times before getting frustrated and playing without permadeath. I built everything back up, got the engine in, and this time noticed the aforementioned clutch screws. So I screwed everything in and now it runs and moves. However, I now have the problem MANY people in here have where the brakes don't work. Except I thought I screwed every small nut on every line I could find in, so I'm not certain where to fix this. I double-checked last night but it was 5AM (I started playing at midnight without loving realizing how much time went by) so I may have been too tired to do it right.

gently caress the physics. I'm all in favor of physics fuckery but trying to push the car into the garage to put it over the bay bashed the poo poo out of the car, jerked the car randomly and put a set of tires into the bay, and cost me roughly thirty minutes of trying to push and tow it out of the bay without any luck and causing even more damage to the chassis. It's so beat up that all the components are either halfway or completely through the frame.

well the only reason i've found so far to put the car in the garage is to install the exhaust, and at that point you can drive the thing in the garage w/o the exhaust and then install it.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

El Perkele posted:

Sandstorm? That's from 2001. You need to go deeper, further.

First you create a base of horrible Finnish eurodance from mid-1990s
Movetron https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpTBauoS4w, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRrB34Op3lY and Aikakone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_mgMnYfoP4, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YawUlR0FWaE are time-tested classics. Alternatively, this loving poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist is authentic experience and you can just basically just record it to C-cassette tape or something.
Then add copious amounts of Popeda https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cawQFCNbaXU (it's better you don't understand) and Klamydia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjqjQPAXb4Y (even better if you don't understand).

Blend with
Rednex
Basically all of Pandora
A touch of Ace of Base
LOTS of E-Rotic,
2 Unlimited
Scatman Joe
Haddaway
Dr. Alban

Add a touch of Metallica and AC/DC.

Get alcoholic

You linked bad audio quality youtubes, in 95 such thing wasn't such a big thing because everything was copied from a cd to cd.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

StarkRavingMad posted:

If I've got the digital gauge and I'm looking to tune the carb, what number am I shooting for?

If this would be the real life I'd say 14.7 with warm engine. 15 is okay, don't go over that though

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
The #1 artwork photo on steam is loving beautiful. Made me go buy another case of beer just now.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Speaking of Klamydia, I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pbsz_mf9dE fits the game amazingly well even if the song is from 2007. For non-Finns, it's a song about a Finnish region that's the most countryside region there is.

TBH there's too many finnish bands who are still living the 90's. Someone should tell them it's 2016

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

barbecue at the folks posted:

It's amazing this hasn't been mentioned yet since it should basically be the theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXC6uP6494E

Such a little time as 7 year ago when I turned 18 I remember all the fun times we had buying like 5 cases of beer and then racing my nissan sunny to my friends cabin. Even once went to the cabin with no running water or electricity when it was loving -35C. Took like 16 hours to get the old cabin above freezing, whenever one of us passed out other one would take the turn heating the place.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Pham Nuwen posted:

So, confirmed that moose are already in the game, some poor bastard ran into one while I was in town:

I was asking for moose and last night getting wasted and playing MSC while watching youtube I saw something in the corner of my eye and I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating a moose or something, now I will have to drive the van 50kmh in the ditch so I won't get killed by stupid amis or mooses

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Great Joe posted:

When will this game get translated to Swedish?

It already has pakkoruotsi level of translation though?

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Vando posted:

Oh gently caress me there's a Datsun 100A for sale in driving distance and it seems both clean as heck and not insanely priced

Also if it's broken in any way I know how to fix it now, right? :getin:

If it's sub 500€ loving do it, just do it

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Ziploc posted:

Walking on your car does indeed dent it. My rad support s super janked from hopping in and out.

I think this save is hosed. I own the store owner 4k from accidentally breaking the window, accidentally clicking too much food, and purposely filling everything with fuel.

Maybe I should plug my phone back in and actually try earning money.

do 2 full loads of firefood and you'll earn 6400mk

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Ambulocetus posted:

But of course, unlike those hardtop coupes in Street Rod, the muscle car in MSC is a four door sedan (can someone recognize it by the way?),

71-74 Dodge Coronet

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Nenonen posted:

Where's Sipsit and Mehukatti? Failed cosplay, 3/10

Don't forget the whole milk

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

widespread posted:

I might restart in permadeth mode. I'm at the point where all I need to do is put liquid into the thing but like... both the van and the tractor are out of gas and/or are hosed. Should I just keep at it and use the car to earn more benisbucks or would it be fine ti just restart and try not to gently caress everything up?

Also the hood is on but I can't open it. Do I hold it or...?

First pop the hood from inside the car, then hold it until it's in up position.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

texasmed posted:

Permadeath in this game is cool, but there was one bullshit way I died at my house when the phone rang and it electrocuted me to death after picking it up. There was an achievement for it so I guess it's not supposed to be very common (2.4% of Steam users).

Also it took me a couple of builds to figure out that the Push command is the reason my cars ended up looking like wrecked pieces of poo poo. Getting the forklift and jacking up the side of the car to pick it up is way better than trying to push it into the garage.

One time I woke up to the phone ringing in the middle of the night, I assumed it was the rear end in a top hat next door not getting a ride home and phoning me, I was oblivious to the storm outside just having woken up. Answered the phone and saw a huge flash and loud noise played. My pulse was about 200 for next minutes because I knew I could have died back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Electrical Fire posted:

It's literally just the block, timing cover, and engine plate, which also won't come off.

Try hitting it with the sledgehammer

• Locked thread