Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

VideoGames posted:

3) Post your Ryders!!!! (Was always my favourite thing about the ME threads :D)

I really like mine. Svan Ryder:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Look at those cold dead eyes.

:(

..i still like her...

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

Not even the skin, but otherwise it's exactly as you described it. The DadRyder generation only really gives a poo poo about which preset you pick. I made a preset 9 and turned her as Caucasian as possible and my dad was still the preset 9 dad.

Someone on Reddit posted the exact same thing:

My lily white Ryder is preset 9 as well, with a default brother, and THAT is how my dad looked, as well. I kinda yelped "what!?" when I saw him. I thought for a moment that maybe I had accidentally saved the brother as a custom preset by accident. But nope. My dad is space Laurence Fishburne.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

lalaland posted:

what emotion is this

That is her Krogan face, of course! That gif spoiled me on a moment, but now I know to be ready to catch that on video for comedy.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

TVDinna posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

My Sara is Space Emma Watson. I went ahead and went with an Asian Scott Ryder since I couldn't figure out how to make him not look Asian. Somehow, I ended up with a black dad.
No idea how the gently caress my family came about, especially when mom looks to be a pretty generic white woman

Our Ryders are almost exactly alike!

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I'm a little confused by the Strike Team missions. I looked at them and I'll see that their chances for success are like 5%-- why the heck would I send anyone on those? Is there some way I can change who I send for a better chance or something I can do to increase that? Sometimes I find the UI a bit confusing, I clicked around but didn't seem like I could change it from "Lucky" or whoever the hell that is. I don't want to play multiplayer right now. Is it ok to just not do those missions? I'm on PC.

Had my first game freeze and some error message about Direct X--- couldn't read what the error was because it froze up the game (shot of the co-pilot while I was in a conversation with them) and I couldn't alt tab out to check. I tried using my second monitor to see what the issue was, but just get those little windows that pop up when hovering over the task bar. Ugh. I had just installed the new update with Nvidia. Ended up having to do a hard reboot of my computer. Otherwise, I've been bug free. I have been taking a lot of screenshots using Shadowplay.

Also, has anyone noticed their cpu and video card seems to work just as hard on the Tempest as it does on world missions? That seems really weird to me. I have a 970 4GB, i7-6700k, and 16gigs of ram...seems it wouldn't need as much processing on the ship as it does on the planets.

Svanja fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 23, 2017

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

so apparently the woman who voices Nakmor Kesh is the same one who voices Josephine Montilyet from DAI?

Honestly, I thought it was the same woman who played Urdnot Bakhara in ME3. Sounded really similar.

doingitwrong posted:

There are Bronze, Silver and Gold missions. Your teams will gain experience over time. If they do well they might gain positive traits that make them better about some missions. If they fail, they'll get negative traits that make them weaker in some areas. Your teams gain experience whether they succeed or fail.

So generally: Send them on bronze missions or silver missions. Don't worry about sending them on missions they'll fail if you can't find good ones.

This is like those countless lovely mobile 'strategy' games.

Ok, thank you. I will keep watching them then!

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Syzygy Stardust posted:

You need to select some bronze missions starting out, then start failing some silver missions until you succeed. You can try some golds for XP once you use up all the rest, but you might pick up a negative modifier. Right now I have three teams, my good one I use for tough missions, one that picked up a negative quality I use for silvers, and a new one I'm leveling up on bronze missions with a hope that it'll become specialized for certain gold missions some day.

This was also great advice! Really appreciate it. I'll be sending them for regular self esteem beatings today!

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
If I wanted to mess with the graphics settings file, what program should i use? i opened it in notebook and it was all jumbled up together. I opened it in Word and when I went to save it I got a warning about it possibly using things not compatible with word so I bailed on it, worried I would break the game and lose all my progress. I was thinking of setting some to 3, most of those were set to 1-- the Mesh Quality was set to 0 (what the hell?). I've got an Nvidia 970 4gb, i7-6700k and 16gigs of ram.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Verviticus posted:

i wish i knew but the investment required to use any given gun is immense and i dont have the patience to try out every single one with saves. a shooting range would be so loving nice

Agreed. Especially with the newer guns available. I just saw the Revenent pop up in my list and I've got such a soft spot for tha gun...but just not sure how it will handle in this game. Loved it in 2 & 3.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

use notepad++

if it looks weird from opening it in word then you should delete it, open the game so it generates a new one, and then make the changes you want to make.

Not sure whether a 970 can handle ultra quality textures/meshes. I have a 1070 that juuuuuust about reaches a stable 60 FPS at 3K resolution with everything but shadows, lighting, and HBAO on max. The textures and meshes are beautiful.

But I also have 8 gigs of VRAM. a 970 only has 3.5+5.

Ok great, just grabbed Notepad++! I'll play with the settings and see how it goes! Thank you!

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I like the stuffed animals that can be seen on someone's bed in the Tempest. :3:

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Has anyone put the tracking (not sure if that's what it does, i just remember it sounded like they track?) plasma mod on their gun. I was thinking about trying it on the Revenant and the idea cracked me up.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

isk posted:

It's okay on assault rifles and pistols, but it changes from hitscan to slower projectiles that can still be dodged. On sniper rifles it's even less effective.

This is good to know!

Right now I'm an Engineer 3 (Energy Drain, Incinerate, and Overload almost all maxed) and I've been using the Sandstorm. Its accurate as hell and has a scope...I love it. I might just stick with it for awhile! I am researching the Thokin, though.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Picked up the game finally and have a couple of maybe dumb questions about the interface. For reference, in case these are things that just haven't opened up yet, I'm on the Tempest and haven't yet left the Nexus:

1. How do I equip items I've found? Not seeing anything to equip the items in the inventory screen.

Still catching up on posts, but on the Tempest bridge, right behind Suvi is an airlock-- go in there and a loadout station is available inside that room.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I have a quick question about augments-- I've seen augments for both Tech Power and Biotic Power-- but some just say Power. Does that cover both biotic and tech or does it cover say, Combat Power? I'm about to augment the poo poo out of the Guerilla Angaran IV chest, arms, legs and helmet I am about to make (and I have the perk that gives an extra slot!) . I'm also finally making my Sandstorm Iv and I just want to understand if Power means all of them are covered (combat, biotic, tech).

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Those augments might not actually work. I've cheated myself up all the research points and materials I could ever use and I've been testing things out. The ones that add the +5%/2% power damage boost and cooldown reduction don't seem to do gently caress all. If you want crafting advice stick the augment that gives you 25% shields on kill on the chest and kinetic coils. On everything else, shield boosts. Weapons - Double mod slot, vintage heat sink on sniper rifles or shotguns and kinetic coils for each slot left.

But to answer your question yeah the ones that just say power work for all the skill trees.

E: The rare chest mod that gives a flat 50% cooldown reduction at the cost of 15% weapon damage definitely works though.

Thanks for this! I do indeed have that double mod slot for the gun! I'll check for that 25% shields on kill for the chest piece-- is that research or something I purchase at the Nexus (I am headed there now). I'll look at the kinetic coils, I believe I saw that in my inventory.

I found that the 25% shield on kill is a Remnant research. Thanks again for the advice. Time to craft!

Svanja fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 27, 2017

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I want to second the Sandstorm as a good,solid assault rifle. I absolutely love it and I'm a Revenant user for ME2 & 3. Damage is great and the accuracy is fantastic. It even has a scope, so I can be a pretend sniper (as well helping with scouting out an area before approach). It has a small clip, but since I'm playing full-on Engineer with Overload, Incinerate, and Energy Drain maxed and the passives taken care of-- ammo hasn't been an issue in a fight. Its actually the only gun I carry. I'm starting to fill in the combat talents now so I'm interested in seeing how it gets better. Right now the gun does very effective damage, made better with the double mod augment and those kinetic coils that I was advised to use.

Engineer unknown talent question: Has anyone used the Remnant VI that Peebee gives you? Is it worth checking out?

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Decius posted:

I like it a lot. It's not hindered by ground like your other buddies and at full buildup it has energy rockets. As Engineer/Infiltrator it well replaces the ME 2/3 drone.

Thank you! I'll check it out real soon. I'm just so used to my powers right now its going to be weird losing one.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

It's amazing how much of a chore stuff is in the future, one my strike teams was done so I had to run to a forward station, call down a car to teleport to my spaceship which then had to leave the planet so I can walk around the spaceship and figure out which of the 20 computer consoles (because each one can only do 1 thing in the future) to manage my strike teams, or in the real world I could check on them from the check-out line at Wal-Mart.

Couldn't you use the app while playing and just pretend Ryder used her omni-tool?

Anyone with Liam's mission sitting in their journal should do it right now. It is my favorite so far.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

FronzelNeekburm posted:

You can't use the app while you're in the game.

I did not know that! How ridiculous!

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Holy poo poo, Im in Eleendeen and can't find where this Krogan Brenck goes after he asks to talk privately, the pointer doesn't help at all.

I am also having that problem. I am running around in circles. I know he said meet him by the fighting pits...but I seem to be missing the way down.

Also...I can't find any shield oscillator augments. I've researched them, have one for my present set of armor. I just want to make my new advanced stuff, dammit!

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Magil Zeal posted:

Yeah I made a "dummy set" of level 1 armor to swap to so I could break down my old armor set whenever I want to craft a new set, to get the augments back.

Thanks to both of you! I have plenty of kinetic coils but, man, I just can't find any more of the other!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Helith posted:

This Engineer build posted here:

is an insanely good build. I've been playing around with this today and :allears:

Explosions everywhere!

I play full engineer, too. Haven't felt the need to try anything else, yet. Finally filled up combat fitness and full assault rifle today. Maybe time to check out melee since I just found an Asari Sword :D