Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
But if it's a year before the reaper war there likely aren't any Geth.

Unless they infiltrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

e: reaper cycle sounds like a very strange setting for your washing machine

DRY DRY DRY!!!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The thing about Sera that pissed me of the most is the scene where she blackmails an elf inquisitor into renouncing their religion if they want to stay in a relationship.

Even Cassandra and leliana are more understanding of your differences of belief. And Vivienne is an utter manipulative scumbag but at least she's honest about it and not a militant atheist lolrandom lesbian stereotype.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Is the only difference between the "Expensive Edition" and the "Ludicrously Expensive Edition" the extra 19 multiplayer packs?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Trast posted:

One of my favorite multiplayer builds was a N7 Demolisher with max grenade gear and my level nine harrier. I'd camp my ammo pylon, poo poo tech grenades everywhere for the vanguard to charge into, and finish off stuff with a rain of bullets.

This except with a Krysae back before they nerfed it. Also either the Piranha or the assault rifle that fired grenades, can't remember it's name.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

And isn't the sexy robot banging the engineer too?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I loved tossing the geth scanner on a phoenix and just smashing through the walls.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Plot twist, the main villain of a Andromeda is actually milky way humanity turned into something completely unrecognizable because using an omnidirectional energy pulse to modify everyone's DNA turned out to be an incredibly bad idea.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

I'd say the mark of any good villain is that they have motivations that they feel justify their actions. I think the Reapers as they exist have this too though.

Not really because their entire ideology is thwarted by the existence of a man with robot parts, which is completely outside of their expectations.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 12, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

(e) Dr Bryson's lab is the start of one of the DLC, right?

Yeah, Leviathan, but it doesn't lock you into it and you can do the missions whenever.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

also gurren lagan... was the other thing that we didn't get.

And the ending of Gurren Lagann is basically "Well of course we'll work to prevent the apocalypse now that you've loving explained it to us rather than force us to live in fear for our lives from an uncaring enemy designed to inflict maximum terror."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Levantine posted:

The Collectors came out of nowhere between ME1 and 2 sure but they were well explained so it's not like they were a throwaway villain just for ME2.

The Terminator baby would have been a lot more understandable if they went with the original idea for the Reapers instead of the dumb dumb poo poo they pulled in ME3. But without that it seemed like a dumb throwaway boss that existed just to have a boss fight at the end of the game.

I never got how the whole thing worked because the process seemed to be

1)Liquify People
2) Pump them into secret chamber
3) ????????????????????????????????????????
4) Terminator baby!

When up until that point Reapers had been based off of the leviathans and weren't made of metal made out of liquified people.

Zore posted:

uh, who else were you going to send besides Tali/Legion?

Hey man Jacob volunteered.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Levantine posted:

My understanding is the original plot had the Reapers as the good guys destroying races that got advanced enough to increase entropy in the universe. You saw it in Haestrom star in ME2 but since that plot was dropped it seemed like a total non-sequitor. In this original plot the reapers culled races and created new reapers from their genetic material as a way to preserve them. Whether that's better or worse, I can't say, but it certainly contextualizes events ME1 and 2 a lot better.

Right but why are they making a giant skeleman rather than another cuttlefish. It also illuminates the problem with their philosophy since they're all robots made out of organics but the idea of an organic with a robot arm never occurred to them in any fashion.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Boy, was he ever.

Now I'm just imagining Kai Leng narrating his entire life in the edgiest of edgelord voices.
"That's why he closed the door, dropped his pants, and took a gigantic dump. This was his bathroom now, meaning a place where every poo poo that happened in it would be known to him, and to Cerberus. The thought pleased him and Leng was still smiling as he flushed."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

But they're all humanoid too...

Yes but they're different heights, weights, widths, body types, etc.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Fan theories on just how rough Kett osseous tissue is against my naked, trembling skin please

Would a boner joke be out of line here?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

And sometimes games backload a lot of bad decisions and preachy bullshit into the endgame which can retroactively taint a game's perception.

And no I'm not talking about ME3 here.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Bioware was mostly known for Knights of the Old Republic, where you could use blasters or a lightsaber and force powers. Biotics was kind of just another way to use the Force but without calling it that and with more of a backstory.

So I don't buy that people wouldn't have known how a biotic would have played. People knew it would have played like you're using the Force powers like push and barrier and all that.

I picked vanguard because after reading a brief description my brain went "Shotgun Jedi" and stuck with it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The character writing was top notch, as was citadel. The overarching plot of the game was what brought me down.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Number Ten Cocks posted:

If the events of ME:A center around planet Culpa I'll forgive them.

Don't forget the Gas Giant, Maxima Culpa

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

sean10mm posted:

I'm replaying Mass Effect , and I'm enjoying it even though it's kind of a giant mess.

1) The inventory system is just the dumbest thing in the world. Every item has like 100 variants that are just the same 2 models with different colors and random % variations to the stats. The sheer volume of junk items you get to sell or melt down into omi-gel is comical, the game has to give you like a 150 item inventory to make it work.

2) The driving is just comical. BOING BOING BONG BOING

3) The side missions are basically the same 4 interior cells copy-pasted 100 times with maybe a conversation at the end.

4) The writing and voice acting starts out really rough in this series, I didn't remember FemShep's voice acting and dialogue being this disjointed. It's not all bad but they were clearly still kind of figuring out what they were doing.

Even so I still like it, though I'm getting a little impatient to finish it so I can get to ME2.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!
I WILL DESTROY YOU!
GO GO GO!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Is the combat better with a controller?I've only every played on pc, where it's loose and awkward af.

I seem to remember it being fine on the 360 but the interface was weirdly unhelpful on the PC.

JawKnee posted:

and playing an adept makes it hilarious

Also this, there's a reason they made having shields/barriers/armor give you immunity to physics. Singularity was loving amazing.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The enjoyability of omega depends on how much you like Aria as a character and lash as a power.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

You can also get infinite credits with the hospital on the Citadel.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, the only power you're really missing out on with a vanguard is Singularity (which admittedly is nice) but you can pick that up with your bonus power. And you get the ability to reload your powers with adrenaline rush.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Played a Sentinel in my first ME 2 game. I didn't like how much time was spent huddled behind cover, taking potshots at things. Dropped it the moment I figured out how to mod the game to allow Biotics to work on armored targets (wtf was with that anyway?).

An attempt to force you to diversify your party since you no longer needed electronics and decryption. The problem being that the actual spread of powers across the classes was abysmal. Warp was the only biotic power that did anything to anyone with protection, and only one party member got incinerate. Meaning all it really accomplished was making Miranda more or less a necessary include.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

As long as i can make something completely ludicrous like an omni-claymore I am 100% on board.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Drifter posted:

What does he think the negativity is focused on?

The most recent combat trailer? The painful face animations?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Also from twitter, like DAI the EA/Origin access version will come with unlimited multiplayer.

What do you mean unlimited multiplayer?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I swear I've punched Garrel and still kept both sides alive. Did you make Tali an admiral by exposing her father? Also you need to have four bars of paragade to make the check.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 24, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zore posted:

You'll have 4 active abilities so :shrug:

I still don't get why they're doing this. I'm guessing the passives are going to be a lot more transformative and interesting otherwise there's going to be a lot of fiddly menu navigation.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zore posted:

I don't either. I was replaying ME3 and its really, really going to suck for most class archetypes.

:(

I'd be pretty okay with it if you can Final Fantasy 13 that poo poo and switch between pre-defined specs on the fly mid combat. But I'm not sure that's what they're going to do.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Everyone gets a passive, and a cool ammo power?

I choose...Reave Ammo :black101:

Can I shoot that ridiculous flare power from ME3: Omega?

Orv posted:

Isn't MEA entirely classless?

Mechanically. :v:

Yeah but they put out that video a week or so ago where a guy opened up a menu with the 6 classes in it, picked one, and had to replace one of his active powers for the new one he just put points in.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Quite a lot of effort went into that segment of the game, considering the ending doesn't even address it when it talks about how organics and synthetics can't get along. Or did they finally bring it up when they changed the ending? I never played the "fixed" ending, Leviathan, or the other story DLC cause I didn't really like the way it turned out.

Of course not. You can argue your case but the Star child still just says you're wrong because it's right and you need to hurry up and jump in the green beam because transhumanism is awesome.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Assuming you can't switch active powers in combat, I'm guessing that in active combat situations you won't have to pause the action to bring up the power wheel so you can stay on your toes and think about what powers to have active for upcoming encounters.

I think I'd rather have a larger variety of powers active at one time(say you choose at the start of a mission) rather than completely respec because you see a single robot off in the distance.

quote:

(I mean did vanguards really need anything else other than charge and nova?)
Shockwave and Slam for hilarious physics shenanigans,

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Combos

Thankfully, more obsessive people than you have already done the legwork. And if you bring along friends that set people on fire you can make your enemies explode into bloody giblets.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zakmonster posted:

One of the reasons I didn't enjoy DA:I as much was because of the relatively lack of power interactions and combos as compared to ME3.

They were there if you were looking for them, warrior+Assassin+Rift Mage means you're hurling out combos for days, they're just not as visible as they are in ME3.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zakmonster posted:

Everyone would end up cosplaying Zarya.

I see absolutely zero downsides with this plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zakmonster posted:

Unless the game has a gravity gun, or someone can mod that into the game, all Zarya cosplay is incomplete.

Uhh..... Singularity?