Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Does Costco have any full size candy bar bulk packs?

I just bought 4 cases the other day that were on sale for Halloween. They also sell them regularly at the Costco Business Centers if you have one of those nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

speaking of costco gas station

how much is it where you are

$3.70something just outside Seattle

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

pentyne posted:

It's great for heavy duty kitchen supplies. The pans and skillets are cheap, sturdy as hell, and for home use will probably outlast the person buying them.

This is a good tip, my Kirkland Signature non-sticks I got as a wedding gift 15ish years ago are starting to flake so it’s time for some aluminum.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I filled up at the church just last night so here’s my anecdote.

Shell station right by house has regular at 3.99 right now, church was 3.41. I also got the 4% from my CC, and I was the only one in my entire pump lane at 6:30pm.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Full stack of puzzles right inside the door today. Had to resist getting the 500 piece after buying the 1000 a few days ago and not even attempting it yet.

I lust for puzzles.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

bucksmash posted:

Heading to church tomorrow to visit the optical department and get a new eyeglass prescription, and to check out the tire shop.

Anyone had tires installed at Costco? And is the installation appointment long? They've got a deal on 4 tires + installation and my current tires are looking a bit low in the tread.

Like others have said it really depends on the Costco. Mine is always busy but I live in a military town and there’s always a stream of jacked up trucks getting tires constantly, but so are the Discount Tire and Les Schwab around me too.

Maybe it’s also just mine but every tire I look at has to be shipped to the store and Discount Tire always inventory.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Renegret posted:

I have enough poo poo to do in my life. I have a job so I can pay people to do poo poo for me.

This.

I understand how to install dishwasher, but I no longer have the back or desire to crawl around on the floor of my kitchen to save the $0.00 free installation cost me.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

fordham posted:

Went yesterday to Everett, MA. Got my flu shot and Covid booster, wasn't too crowded. I originally got the pfizer 6 months ago and got a moderna booster, I just lied on the website when I made the appointment because they try to make you get a booster from the same brand, but the guy shooting me didn't care at all.

No onion dispenser here yet though.

Good tip, thank you. I want the Moderna too but was unsure if I’d get Costco Arrested for lying about my first two.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bought two of the Pendleton Sherpas today and oh man I don’t think I’m gonna leave this thing for the next three months

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Ror posted:

are the costco hot dogs fresh

there’s a hog grinder behind optical churning them out day and night

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pulled the trigger on the 77” LG C1 at the church today. That free extended warranty and it being $1000 off were too hard to pass up.

Grabbed more of the 32 Degrees thermals thanks to the recommendations in here, they’re fantastic.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Is this like a driving from Utah to Wyoming thing to buy decent % beers?

My church sells all the hottest liquors so I don’t need to traverse states for it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Laterite posted:

I'm more distressed that my store still hasn't got any wrapping paper.

My MIL just mentioned this, I saw all the tags when I was there so I just assumed the paper was nearby somewhere too. Crazy.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Okay I am ashamed to ask but what is pbuc

Please be kind Costco thread

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

What do you want it to be?

Well that’s entirely too much pressure, I never expected this, I need to lie down

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

They go on sale regularly. Is $11 the regular price or sale price right now?

$11 seems to be their new normal price. They were $10 last year but I mean it’s still a stupid good price. The Home Depot equivalent is $16 and feels thinner to me.

I have about 15-16 more small UHaul moving boxes I need to transition to these bins so I’ll grab a bunch in January when they go on sale for $8-9 with that inevitable after holiday storage sale.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Spinz posted:

Just called and they're doing it at our Costco so we're on the way
Thank you Kevin!

Edit: Ooo a rare giant gently caress up from Costco I called even and it ended yesterday, so we wasted a trip. Argh

No trip to the church is wasted, you go for one item and leave with 17. What 16 other items did you get?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

CBC trip report:

I swung in yesterday and grabbed pans per the recommendation of this thread. 12”, 2x 10”, and 2x 8” sauté pans for $78 out the door.

Plus I got gas there too so it was a fuckin win/win.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 5, 2021

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Seconding Lavazza. My German coworker turned me on to it because it was the only coffee he said tasted like the coffee he was used to.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Get this.... imagine going to Costco today. :ghost:

I actually did this. It was surprisingly mellow.

We needed TP because we’re having guests next week and I can’t predict how much they’ll poo poo.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The self checks are amazing and I love them. No scanners for customer use yet but the attendants are always ready to blast the bigguns for ya in advance.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

More like SIMP station

gently caress the club

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Waiting for the end of the Feb billing cycle to get to my sweet sweet Costco Citi rebate cash just to turn right around and hand it back to them. A good system they’ve worked out.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

I bought a 2012 sonata in nov '20 and carmax was blowing me up with offers to buy it back at 120% in jan '21

My local Toyota dealer that I service my 2016 4Runner at had been sending me the generic “local moms want YOUR 4RUNNER TONIGHT” type emails that had a link to call them so they could pitch me whatever dumb price they thought I’d take for it. The one I got last week had a flat out offer price in it that was more than I paid for it when I bought it in 2017.

Granted that would leave me with no vehicle and *less* money than I’d need to buy one back, it’s still dumb.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

RocketLunatic posted:

My wife and I are about to spend a bunch of cash on home upgrades. Anyone had any experience with like the flooring services and stuff?

They have a big appliance sale right now I guess, which we are considering. Quite a few on display although who the hell spends $2k on a gas range or $2k on a fridge with a built-in tablet?

I haven’t used any of the services, I’d definitely trust them more than Lowes or Home Depot though.

I bought all my new appliances from Costco when we bought our house two years ago, mainly because of the stupid long extended warranty on them with my Costco Visa.

jeeves posted:

Idiots buy gas ranges and fridges that require microchips and WiFi, that’s who.

Hey pal, my dishwasher lets me know when it needs rinse aid via the app.

That’s all I got

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 13, 2022

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Ah yes, when I moved to California from the Philly region, I found out very quickly that General Tso's Chicken was exclusively a Northeast invention.

What? No, not even. We’ve had General Tso’s in the goddamn Safeway deli in my bumfuck Washington rural hometown since I was in high school 20 years ago, and definitely in what passes for Chinese-American restaurant cuisine out here too.

Mine GO BOOM posted:

If you have the Business Costco near you, try and buy pans there as they have huge selections. I got some Tramontina branded ones that are awesome to cook with that I've never seen in normal costcos.

These are legit. I bought the 8” and and 10” 2 packs and they been amazing especially for that price point.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jan 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Living within the borders of Costco Mecca I have 5 within an hour of me, 2 within 30 minutes and 1, 10 minutes away.

PBUC