Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Penn St will move up to 7 or so and now has a legit chance to win the B1G East. yuuuuge winners

gently caress ohio st

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

AsInHowe posted:

And yet, weirdly enough, all that losing really did was bring Louisville back into the playoff discussion. And of those six teams, every one but Clemson controls their destiny.

:confused:

If Clemson wins out, they'll still have the tiebreaker over Louisville

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Crotch Bat posted:

Well nobody is except a 0-1 loss Bama. If OSU wins out they're in guaranteed.

I (don't) want to live in a world where OSU is in the playoff despite not winning their division

not the conference, but the division

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Rad Valtar posted:

You're going to complain about this after we got an LSU Alabama championship?

The playoff was supposed to prevent this type of thing

Ugh

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Henchman of Santa posted:

Gameday is going to Kalamazoo this week!

Boatrower U is cool

lets go the Flecks, bitch

MourningView posted:

They should definitely give Wadley the ball more (especially in the passing game but they're kinda slowly figuring that out out of necessity), but Daniels is good too. He's had to run into stacked fronts all year and trucked multiple Michigan linebackers yesterday.

Greg Davis gets and deserves all kinds of poo poo but he called a GREAT game yesterday. That sounds funny when you throw for like 60 yards, but that was mostly bad execution (Beathard missed multiple wide open guys either because he was rushing under pressure or just off, including on the INT where Smith roasted the safety by like two yard and then fell trying to come back to the underthrown) and Iowa having the worst receivers in the conference (and Michigan having a really good defense). The two point conversion was a gorgeous play that just got dropped. He did a good job getting Wadley the ball in space and the QB draw to set up the FG caught everyone by surprise. I still want to get rid of him but for at least one night he deserves some props

Can't forget your punter being the best offensive weapon in the first half

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I would call this roughing

What is the difference between running and roughing these days?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Thoguh posted:

Week 11: Alabama, Clemson, Washington, Wisconsin

I slid in Wisconsin because I think Ohio State beats Michigan and that'll send Penn State to the B1G title game and I think Wisconsin beats Penn State in Indy.

Also that Oklahoma State/Central Michigan ref gently caress up has a legitimate chance of being an issue with the playoffs at this point. If Oklahoma State goes 2-0 to end the season does the committee treat them as a 1 loss conference champ or a 2 loss conference champ? That could matter since the Pac-12 could easily end up with a 2 loss conference champ.

I want a world where the playoff teams are Bama, Penn St, ACC Champ, and Boatrowers. Probably need a Washington Apple Cup loss, OkSt winning the Big 12, and the committee doing a poo poo ton of drugs

A Wisconsin-PSU game will be a classic 6-4 B1G slugfest

Thoguh posted:

I just don't see the committee leaving out a conference champ in favor of another team in that same conference. That would be a huge gently caress you to the conferences and would send a signal that conference races and upsets don't matter. Which wouldn't be a good message for college football.

At this point, why bother playing the season and just go with preseason rankings

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

a neat cape posted:

Please God someone beat Western Michigan

Corey Davis is too god for the MAC, so not likely

cake in the break room posted:

I haven't read the thread but did anyone see that loving :siren:EASTERN MICHIGAN:siren: is now bowl eligible at 6-4???

someone hire this coach

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

CaptainYesterday posted:

Useless CFP rankings:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Clemson
5. Louisville
6. Washington
7. Wisconsin
8. Penn State
9. Oklahoma
10. Colorado
11. Oklahoma State
12. Utah
13. Southern California
14. West Virginia
15. Auburn
16. LSU
17. Florida State
18. Nebraska
19. Tennessee
20. Boise State
21. Western Michigan
22. Washington State
23. Florida
24. Stanford
25. Texas A&M

How the gently caress did Boise jump Western Michigan?

Western Michigan at 21 and behind Tennessee is a whole lotta bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

lmao Louisville

:rip:

• Locked thread