Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Evidence is that the pyramids weren't built with slave labour :colbert:

i think most of the people in Egyptian society just plain LOVED living in the society and being able to contribute to an exciting civilisation. certainly nobody was whipped - the workers just wouldn't go home!

i know this because i stayed up all night working on a lovely platform game for uni once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/8Do0Fwa.gifv

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

alf_pogs posted:

cursed ruia, when shall she return with yonder pigeon

A Pigeon leers and flutters
Among the bric-a-brac
And yearning scans the moonlit air at dusk
Ruia gone again; we're
Uncertain if she's coming back
And did I not?
Did I not the other day
Imply that it would be this way?
Probably

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I call it "Ode to the Gathering Quest"

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Which you could just skip if you purchase the quest reward for real money at the Ubi store.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

zenned to the tits

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

why does the cushion undulate so

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

alf_pogs posted:

i think most of the people in Egyptian society just plain LOVED living in the society and being able to contribute to an exciting civilisation. certainly nobody was whipped - the workers just wouldn't go home!

i know this because i stayed up all night working on a lovely platform game for uni once

With everything SC will have and have to offer, did and again will silence all haters. Disappointed people will enjoy the game either way as they did with every game. But on other hand SC isnt 3 hour campaign or leveling up based MMO. SC will offer almost infinite gameplay with highly dynamic world.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SCtrumpHaters posted:

But on other hand SC isnt 3 hour campaign or leveling up based MMO.

this is true, but also, star citizen isn't anything

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

alf_pogs posted:

Massage

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

alf_pogs posted:

i think it's something to do with charging crystals

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Solarin posted:

zenned to the tits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TlviSj3eCE

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

It's for butt-rubbin' cause nobody doesn't love a good butt-rub.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

CrazyLoon posted:

But fine, every goddamn goon hyping it up so goddamn much, makes me think Witcher 3 can do no wrong, so I guess I'll get around to that next when I find time, though I'm also honestly preparing myself for disappointment given everything that's been said about it. Also given I STILL haven't finished Eternity or Tyranny, both of whom I like but just...can't get back to...

I didn't like Witcher 3

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

starkebn posted:

I didn't like Witcher 3

Please hit yourself in the face with a dinner plate.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

It's ok Dogeh, I don't actually think you should hit yourself in the face with a dinner plate for liking Elite. Braben deserves to break even for his sprawling tone poem on crippling depression.

I haven't bought Assassin's Witcher Threed: Original Gameplay Good Job! yet, but I typically hate 3rd person single-player branching narrative games, and I heard every item can be purchased at "the store" for real money, so get pumped for that rant. I know I am.

One quick youtube search and screenshot yielded this shining jewel of dialogue which, were it whispered from his mourning room, would set the bones of Eliot to tremble in their tomb:

"A pigeon arrived not long ago. I sent Ruia to fetch it, but she is so unreliable. Probably"
the story and writing in aco is actually p cool and good 10 hours in

I just did that quest and yeah the whole thing (plus that probably starts a new line, it says she's "Probably batting her eyes at the man at arms."

who then straight up beats her to death for not reading him the letter, which at first seems like wtf but there is a whole huge conspiracy with

DONT READ FOR FUCKS SAKE

cleopatra and ptolemy and how the soliders and garrisons report information to them

so far, I wouldn't say its like a loving cormac mccarthy book or anything, but the writing is decent and the plot is pretty loving good

also you can find better legendary items than the store bought ones in the world by buying loot crates LOOT CRATES with in game gold (which they absolutely throw at you past level 10) or completing quests

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I've seen it before but really this is my favorite 1-minute summary of Star Citizen to date. I can watch it a dozen times and always find something funny.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Baxta posted:

Yeah they need to flesh out itemization a lot. I personally don't like PVP that much so replayability is going to be non-existent for me unless they get their poo poo together with items.

If you liked D2 by the way, play Path of Exile. Its free to play and amazeballs.

Yeah I hit like hour 5 and suddenly felt like I hit the bottom of the core experience.

I know there are events and raid type deals, but the whole thing just feels paper thin to me, dunno why. I haven't finished the campaign, is it worth it you think?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Sarsapariller posted:

I've seen it before but really this is my favorite 1-minute summary of Star Citizen to date. I can watch it a dozen times and always find something funny.
:yossame:

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
So battlefront 2 comes out next week. I remember when I told citizens months ago that we’d have BF2 to play before 3.0 and I was laughed at. lol

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Warhawk109 posted:

So battlefront 2 comes out next week. I remember when I told citizens months ago that we’d have BF2 to play before 3.0 and I was laughed at. lol

In before CR sees how much loot crates is going to generate money for EA.

He's going to follow.

Loot crates for random clothes / armor / weapons / ammo / missiles / blade processors / modules / upgrades / everything except ships.

$50 for package of 5 crates! Best deal! Buy now!

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

no_recall posted:

In before CR sees how much loot crates is going to generate money for EA.

$50 for package of 5 crates! Best deal! Buy now!

Buying JPEG of a loot crate that you can only open 2-3 years after the purchase date is next level. PC gaming will be saved.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Lol r/sc doesn’t allow necroing posts. I wonder why.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

But I thought Derek Smart was insignificant?

:thunk:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So it seems these are the numbers of pioneers sold in the end

quote:

around 4000-4500 out of 5000 made available.
Concierge warbonds: 2000 of 2000 sold.
Normal warbonds: ~800 of 1000 sold.
Normal credit: 1000 of 1000 sold.
GamesCom CitizenCon reserved: 200-700 of 1000 sold.

Which means that, as this thread has often guessed, the number of whales is around 2000-3000.

Even at $500 dollars a month per whale they're going to need a quite a bit more to make ends meet. I wonder if they'll dip into the Javelin piggy bank this month.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sarsapariller posted:

I watched it at least 5 times in a row instead of replying to slack before posting. It makes my heart soar.

Toops fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 8, 2017

Nov 24, 2014

FUD! She never said WHICH game!

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Q: How's shopping and missions going?
A: Missions aren't priority testing, so let's skip that.
:laffo:

:five::five::five:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Here's a blast from the past: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/59283/death-to-goons#latest

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Star Citizen: Goons Must Died !

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

I've never seen a Worth a Buy video before. The guy seems like a whiny idiot.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

I'm the heated organizational drama over how far our in-game actions betray the mission statement for a game that does not exist.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I really miss RSI forums, they were infinitely more funny than the unreadable reddit spam we get now.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

226 posted:

FUD! She never said WHICH game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNmw917fD0c

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Toops posted:

I really miss RSI forums, they were infinitely more funny than the unreadable reddit spam we get now.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/928058159763034112
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/928065629889982465

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Surface detail defending US health care is the best thing since I watched people exiting the theatre at citizen con as they were too bored to listen to a bearded man about the language of Chinese space turtles.

You know how breaking bad would have ended in Europe? With the dude getting his bloody cancer treatment in episode 2

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

The Titanic posted:

As an Egyptian slave building the pyramids at the time, I’d like to ensure everybody this story is true. In fact one day while we were hauling giant sand stone blocks that were about 1 cubit by 1 cubit, we had a sweaty conversation about just this thing.

“Hol, nigh sumpter delis, TheAgent!” I chortled happily as my bloody fingers curled around more sandstone cargo.

“Dey bous, The Titanic! Velis navgat fortho jepradihgmn!” He proclaimed, literally calling it at that time.

“Dans sept nar rona reshi!” I said, pointing to the sun for surely the gods had looked crossly upon him today! Surely lightning was about to strike him down!

“Io neg! Flesthi grotha bo rava!” TheAgent said triumphantly!

Why I never, and right there we all dropped out cargo sandstones and just dropped to our knees. Even today I still remember our chanting, “Blog! Blog! Blog! July! Blog! Blog! July!” All night long into the next day, until we were whipped and shown the inevitable result of such heresy as we were beaten most violently over the hard stones. But by Anubis it was called!

:laffo:

This would have only been better if Derek Smart appeared as young Brendan Fraser to steal the book of dead space scams from the cult of Imhotep Roberts and his mummy wife Anaksunasandy

Bonus points for pgabz as Jonathan

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Combat Theory posted:

You know how breaking bad would have ended in Europe? With the dude getting his bloody cancer treatment in episode 2

SD: incentives for insurance companies (who pay to provide healthcare) are different than incentives for hospitals (who are paid to provide healthcare). though even your argument for hospitals is flawed, in the US hospitals actually provide a ton of unnecessary, excessive, wasteful and even ultimately harmful treatments, for which they then bill insurance companies, which is sometimes bad for patients and always bad for the system in general because it further incentivises insurers to deny care whenever possible to save money. Also, if a for profit hospital can keep you coming back by only partly treating a chronic condition, they'll make more money than if they cure you and send you on your way; I know this reads like a conspiracy theory about cancer cures and I don't think it's actually true in most cases because doctors actually give a poo poo, but for-profit healthcare and the pharma industry are basically terrible and that's definitely what makes the most business sense.

Also crunch is terrible and should be illegal, if a company needs more man hours than it's staff can provide in a 48 hour week, they can hire more loving staff. At the very VERY least they should be legally bound to pay overtime and there should still be a legal cap on weekly work hours. Yes, even if workers are "passionate", taking advantage of the passion (misplaced or otherwise) of your workforce to extract more hours than you are paying them for is scummy and immoral at best.

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Thats the opposite of how it works. We want to give every patient literally any kind of treatment or care they need at our for profit hospital. Because we get paid for it.

Get your leftist retard poo poo out of this thread you sound like a twat who read a blog post once.