Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I don't need linkedin profiles or their sexual habits just say hey "The creative lead just got fired"

Don't worry about evidence. No one outside of here will believe anything they are too invested anyway.

You can show hidden cam footage of Chris Roberts personally handing the fired employee a pink slip and a bunch of citizens will say Chris Roberts simply lost a drag race everything is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
I cannot believe that people in the Star Citizen thread would promise amazing new thread content and deliver loving nothing

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

CIG masturbating themselves over day/night cycle AI is hilarious. Tiny spoiler warnings....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt1XmiDwxhY

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Enchanted Hat posted:

I cannot believe that people in the Star Citizen thread would promise amazing new thread content and deliver loving nothing

Its seriously hosed up.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

has anyone been indicted yet?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Enchanted Hat posted:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Honestly the people who go "Hahaha wow big things just happened teehee can't say" need a nice tall glass of shut the gently caress up.

nice meltdown testy sperg

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

EminusSleepus posted:

nice meltdown testy sperg

Don't try me smallpeniusFailus

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'll cut people.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I'll cut people.

Cut people like CIG cut features.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
http://mmorpg.org.pl/news/zobacz/wielka-afera-bo-star-citizen-ukradlo-mglawice-z-eve-online

Can't read Polish but I can spot an Archer when I see one

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"Great scam, Star Citizen stole mgławicę from EVE Online."

A subtle title.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

"Great scam, Star Citizen stole mgławicę from EVE Online."

A subtle title.

Google translate posted:

A little fail, the game that holds the account for more than half a billion zlotys ($ 142,210,526) recorded such wtopy. Yet people think that Cloud Imperium Games for saving graphics, or worse, stolen from other games

loving wtopy :argh:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
there is an article about the archering? that is funny. But moma said it was fine. c'mon guys.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
It's okay, CIG won't sue because being called a scam by an online presence is no big deal and CIG is being really benevolent right now and they should get on their knees and kiss the hand of Roberts.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Zzr posted:

A doctor interested in SC ? Probably a pediatrician.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It's okay, CIG won't sue because being called a scam by an online presence is no big deal and CIG is being really benevolent right now and they should get on their knees and kiss the hand of Roberts.

Google translate also posted:

UPDATE: It turned out that the station with photos of Star Citizen is also stolen. But this time not with EVE Online, but Destiny

:lol:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

his nibs posted:

loving wtopy :argh:

Mods, please change MOMA's name to "wtopy."

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

This is finefunny

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
That CIG stole a goddamn nebula from EVE is incredible. It's so brazen that when I first recognized that one, I thought to myself "That can't be real, did CIG and CCP just use the same picture of a real nebula?", but then I remembered that everything in EVE is basically made up, New Eden has nothing to do with our own galaxy. So yeah, they really did steal a nebula from EVE Online.

Also gently caress, I've played EVE Online for long enough I immediately recognized it. Took my brain less then a second to start firing neurons. :suicide:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Besides, it wasn't stolen, it was a "tribute".

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
This is not the BDSEE. This is just a tribute.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

Have any commandos reacted to the new Mass Effect?

quote:

quote:
Development of Mass Effect: Andromeda began in 2012. In total, the project featured a team of over 200 developers working out of BioWare's Austin, Edmonton, and Montreal studios. It was built using the Frostbite 3 engine, which required that BioWare construct all systems, tools, and assets from scratch. By April 2014, the game was considered to be in the "middle" of the development process by BioWare studio director Yanick Roy. The game's release date was originally planned for Q4 2016, but was eventually delayed to March 21, 2017.

It doesn't matter that they'll release a game in a shorter amount of time with less people. It won't hold a candle to the awesome that Star Citizen will be. :colbert:

Source of that quote?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

The programmers are hosed.

There's no way to build the dream game because their talent pool is devastated and the fuzzy, incomprehensible and inadequate designs that fail to work together just don't. It's a broken concept with no thought outside of "oh I have this idea!" from the CEO.

The ONLY people they have left who can produce content is artists.

Now imagine you have to show fake progress, and pretend to be making headway, 5 years into a hopeless project. Now also imagine you are addicted to drugs and money and care nothing about the actual game or your workers. You just want to feel like Scarface 24/7.

You try leaning on your programmers but they can't help you. Programming is actually hard.

So you have your art department. They can whip up poo poo fast, they can build a new model or a new movie to showcase "features" still in "production". They can make art that feigns progress.

Now imagine you are the artists. The whole work load of the company is on your shoulders. There's no game to show, there's no fun gameplay to make things better. There's art. Your art. And the boss is making demands 24/7. From "build me a loving sandworm for my video!" to "we need a loving space motorcycle!" to "I want a Jupiter mining base!" and "concept ships! Concept ships!"

You're going to get burned the gently caress out. I imagine it started off good, where they made stuff and cared. They may have GISd stuff, but they'd put effort into masking it, and it'd never be something from the first 20 results of "moon base" or "nebula".

The art backbone of CIG is showing cracks. Once that's gone, CIG will have literally nothing to fall back on. Every rushed, anger-inspired art piece is one more straw closer to the whole mess coming down. The artists are getting frustrated and I bet they are hugely overwhelmed and overworked, and frankly probably just a little bit upset with how they are treated.

So yeah, gonna use pick #4 in the GIS search for "nebula". Is it ripped off from another game? Don't care, that's what the crop tool is for.

Keep on doing what you're doing, CIG! Continue to be gamings biggest embarrassment for the next couple decades! :allears:

:same:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D_Smart posted:

Source of that quote?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect:_Andromeda#Development

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

it did and like every other piece of news about this poo poo project, it isn't being covered by anyone

makes u think

As I said in my Discord about this, it's not a "mass walkout" or it would be news. People are gone; and the numbers in this chart are now way less due to the plan to trim the fat by 50% by the end of Q1/17. Which is why some employees are being converted to contractors (with no benefits); and some choose to just leave.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheLastRoboKy posted:

This is not the BDSEE. This is just a tribute.

You've got to believe me...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

No - absolutely not. Just more FUD to get the thread moving a bit.

Wait. So you're on the record as saying that there were no departures on Friday?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

D_Smart posted:

Wait. So you're on the record as saying that there were no departures on Friday?

I feel like there's about to be another Sad Trombone moment for MoMA...

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Derek you are saying they are going to have half the employees they do now by March?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Derek you are saying they are going to have half the employees they do now by March?

I think he means they're axing 50% of permanent employees in favour of getting external contractors on the job.

If so, this is what companies do when they desperately need scapegoats. Look at how it was someone else's fault that Star dust514 Marine was delayed.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Contractors get paid more right? Like a lot more? But they can be axed fairly quickly I think too.

Smart long term thinking.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/825364288948862976

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do you think Ben could take up knitting?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Contractors get paid more right? Like a lot more? But they can be axed fairly quickly I think too.

Smart long term thinking.

Not in gamedev. Switching from employee to contractor is usually a cost cutting measure.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

OK, this is my prediction:

Before mid year, a hired company has been brought on to do major work. 50%> chance that company is Chinese.
Mid year-last quarter: "Everything is going great guys, expect 3.0* by xmas!"
Xmas 2017: "Working with a Chinese studio has proven harder than expected, 3.0* is going to have to be delayed a bit longer, probably 1st 1/4 2018

*"3.0" is replaceable since they will probably shovel out 'something' with no substance that doesn't resemble anything they said will be in 3.0. Jesus patch effect, etc.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Kickstarter in 2016 – Year in review

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

ManofManyAliases posted:

This is actually a very good assessment of this thread and the other 6665-pager. 300+ people working, someone fucks up and leaves or is fired and life continues. CIG is engineering new tech and recycling some old to bring it into modernity. Some people are jealous and others are skeptical. And yet, they hack away diligently and on a daily basis.

So, it's not time to go "oh poo poo" yet?

ManofManyAliases posted:

I know I said it a number of times: I really expect at least a mission or two out of SQ42 this year as a teaser, with release of SQ42 next year (summer maybe)? And I'm thinking we'll enter beta by the end of next year with full release in 2018. That said, my 'oh-poo poo' moment will likely be observation of progress by end of Q2 next year: if procedural tech, netcode and and other gameplay mechanics aren't more refined at that point, it's probably too far past a salvage point. Then again, I fully expect the grey-market to still be a viable alternative to offload most of my assets, even by Summer of next year.

Based on the latest ATV, Sq42Ep1 doesn't look like its arriving in 2017. 3.0 around Gamescom/CitizenCon.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Quavers posted:

So, it's not time to go "oh poo poo" yet?

Based on the latest ATV, Sq42Ep1 doesn't look like its arriving in 2017. 3.0 around Gamescom/CitizenCon.

Time to get out MOMA games up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My favorite part of all of this is that any "reasonable" prediction about scheduling now would have been considered FUD-laced trolling a year ago.