Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is sm finally on the evocali???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sure.

The most popular thread I ever wrote: Is CIG's "Credits for Cash" approach bad for the game economy?

The thread that created a stretch goal: Spaceship Modularity Megathread. Unfortunately my original post was deleted, which is a shame because it was probably one of the best things I ever wrote.

Me being a Bad Person to Sandi Gardiner, the Greatest Saleswoman In The World: http://imgur.com/a/BIlWu

The modularity questions and answers are great because it shows just how far the deepend CIG was and in some cases how loving exploitive they are right now. Creating brand new hulls for minor changes in ships is incredibly stupid do to how time consuming it is. They can justify the changes in price because of it. Now they know how loving stupid that was so they are doing straight reskins, of course they still charge a premium because gently caress our player base is literally retarded.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That community deserves everything it will get. Or in this case that it wont get

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fake it before you can make it... except you'll never make it.

CIG updating their roadmap on fridays is funny. Its well known that you dump info you dont want people to remember on fridays. Then you have tentative schedules that say that testing might start on a friday. Lets be real, no one is working on pushing 2.6 to the ptu during the weekend, you might as well say the range starts on monday. Also they have a week to release it on the ptu and on live? Looks like anything after the 16th is a no go.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Dec 10, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Someone should remake that suicide noose anime girl gateway pic but with a tism chariot on the other end instead.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Foo Diddley posted:

The possibility that Star Citizen might actually be bad is literally unthinkable to these people

Star citizen cannot fail, it can only be failed

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

This reads like the mission statement of a PR firm, not a grassroots fan news site.

Oh, wait...

It really cant be more blatant

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yo moma remember how I said that they had until like wednesday before thanksgiving to get 2.6 out to the ecovati before the holiday hosed them up and they had to wait till the next week to try again? Yeah its like that but worse with christmas. They know they have till the 16th for release, anything after that and its pushing too close into the holidays and all the vacation time that most employees take.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

When 2.6 release slips from this year they will post a road to 2.6 video on the holiday stream where they will try to pitty train you into accepting that waiting till next year is the best thing because think about all those poor overworked people at CIG they deserve good holidays too, while chris goes back to Hawaii to spend christmas and the new year down there in the nice warm weather.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reminder nearly half a year ago CIG was going on about how they might even get 2.6 ready for gamescom because according to them 2.5 was going to have a quick turnover on their testing. Not only did that never pan out, it looks like theyw ont even get 2.6 out on live this year.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

Worse I think...

Is anyone worse than me at Deus Ex? I think not

Pro gamer right here

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fooma posted:

What prevents them from just releasing 2.6 to live as is? It's pre-pre alpha anyway. SM is it's own module ready for pre alpha alpha testing which is all those testers are there to do anyway. PU not really as affected worse than it already is. It's not like it's being released to a live game with a hostile audience.

SCs network and server foundation is incredibly bad. It scales horribly, so they need to keep doing progressively larger scale tests to see the breaking point of what they are doing.

In contrast FFXIV pushes way more content in shorter amount of time than CIG does, and they dont need to do several layers of tests to push it out. Because their foundations scale really well, they just dont bother with making load tests.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Surely CIG will be able to poo poo out 2.6 into the ptu and finally into live in two weeks

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its like staff are taking vacations during a particular season that has a poo poo ton of people taking vacations which causes productivity to go into the shitter

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theyd have to skip the usual phased ptu release which would cause everyone in the ptu to have a hissy fi since they pay for that priviledge. It also means that have more than usual numbers of people rushing in at once to try the brand new flavor of the shitpile, which is a recipe for disaster when it comes to their shoestring servers.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hahahahah did they seriously cut the vertical slice that was 3 days before being shown to the general public?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Xaerael posted:

Is it just me, or is crobbler sounding a touch.. hoarse? Like he's maybe been screaming at people in the last few hours?

Im guessing the entire week has been continuous "just do it!" screams

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The newsletter is fascinating because theyve contradicted their own production pipeline constantly. Like during the big multi day kotaku story they talked about how the different studios would canabilize staff to meet out goals and how that would just delay other parts of the project. They concluded it was a bad idea and this time things are back on track. Now they are saying its all hands on deck for 2.6.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sorla78 posted:

CIG_Steve promising that there will be something great at the end of the stream .....

Its the dumb SM drill sgt poo poo

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theyve got nothing. SQ42 isnt going to be out in 2017 and they are billing 3.0 asneeding poo poo thats being done for SQ42. Of course the network guys are going to be the ones that get the blame when 3.0 gets constantly delayed.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Literally nothing to show, they are hoping to get another client to the avocados and if that one doenst light itself on fire then maybe theyll push it to the ptu. All while the staff is horribly demoralized from going through this poo poo and having to work up to Christmas to push a turd the size of a watermelon out of CIGs collective rear end.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ben keeps getting fatter and it stopped being funny a hundred pounds ago. Jesus christ someone get that man some help

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Please, I beg you, do not let the goons defile th sanctity of my echo chamber.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wait wait customer support is now in austin? I thought they moved that to LA. No wonder we havent been seeing the regulars, they are probably being relocated

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DapperDon posted:

Where are you Momaaaaa?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Viscous Soda posted:

So correct me if I'm wrong, but they're getting a magnitude less funding this year.

You are wrong. All things said they are getting roughly the same amount of money yoy which is incredibly weird given how incredibly desperate they are on getting more and more funding the last few months

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hahaha this is the epitome of rushing something out of the door to keep the illusion of progress. You dont launch something into a public test realm when you have a bug that forces everyone to restart the client after each match to get another match going

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The thing thats seems to be taking root with the cult is that the poo poo is bad but they have so much sunk cost into it that the cannot leave. So if you dont like whats happening, please leave the community by getting a refund, and stop bothering us with your presence.

Before they would eat you up for even hinting that you might get a refund. Now they actively tell you to take your cash out so you dont disturb their chamber anymore.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Hey guys, reminder that people in this thread doxxed someone, and then did it to me and bought me an avatar of my real life picture because I had the gall to tell them how creepy it is to stalk people online constantly for months.

Namaste.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oh poo poo doxxed in his probation comment, ruthless.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

mike12345 posted:

Is calling it Spectrum some kind of autism joke?

All our players are in the spectrum.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mr.PayDay posted:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/12/19/star-citizen-fps-module-star-marine-gets-new-trailer-details-a-ign-first

"Blizzard does a lot of this honing behind closed doors. It takes them quite a while, to hone and iterate. Then they release something, and generally it plays really well," Roberts said. "I think we're just trying to do the same thing, but much more public. We're inviting the community to participate in that. Here's what we think works well, and if it doesn't work well we're looking at it and adjusting it, and honing it, iterating it. It's very different than I've done stuff in the past."

:neckbeard:

Blizzard has PTRs months before it comes out live and they are all accessible and streamable. Closed fnf tests happen 6+ months before coming out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MedicineHut posted:

What was this supposed to even do?

Nobody loving knows

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MOMA trusts his insiders to warn him about an immediate collapse of CIG so he can offload his stock before its too late.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The cartoon crowd fund that Lesnick did was to cover his relocation costs back to Austin.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Relocating customer support to Austin is going to save them so very little and the fact that they are doing it means that they know they aren't going to shut down Austin anytime soon. But its still hosed that they feel like they need to do that given the original move in the first place.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A lot of cultist are struggling with the idea that Chris and co have been loving them over with releases for years now but the real point of umbrage is that they take till the stream day to actually announce it. They are ok with being gently caress over, just please say it beforehand to ready themselves.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How much are you still in for beer

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OhDearGodNo posted:

Crytek is about to go under

About?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

loving doxxers man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Come hell or high water, 2.6 will launch on Friday. CIG cannot walk it back again after all their recent emails and publicity. It's going to be a mess and won't be touched on for two weeks while everyone is on vacation