Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hey everybody. I hope you had a wonderful Friday and have an excellent weekend planned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

It's stuff like this that makes me think that Citizens are really looking for Dwarf Fortress and should be encouraged to contribute to that project as it has far more depth than Star Citizen ever will.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What are you goddamn goons doing in here?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hav posted:

Beautiful damned goony things. How about yourself?

I am about to get down on some Indian food. Wanted to drop in and check on space crew.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Samizdata posted:

I belong here. You?

You do it to yourself, you do
And that's what really hurts
Is you do it to yourself, just you
You and no-one else
You do it to yourself

Theotus fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 19, 2017

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

SurfaceDetail is easier to spot than Jon Pop and you guys are still getting baited.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Lladre posted:

Dude. You need to go do something else for a while. You are becoming what they are.

That line became blurry for this entire thread a long time ago.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

pay no attention to all the scummy poo poo cig is doing with regards to payroll and employees, please enjoy this slapfight between dsmart and myself

I always seem to show up just in time for these. :allears:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

I kinda hope there's a big hullabaloo about the fall of SC because I want wolf blitzer to read some of my posts verbatim

And to be referred to as "Something Awful Forums poster TheAgent."

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Did Agent's prediction about purchase only ships come true yet?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

MoMA goes to ground when there isn't either A) Damage control or B) gloating to be done.

Has there ever been anything about Star Citizen worth gloating over?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

He is on to us.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hav posted:

The Fantasy setting was an utter pisstake of Tolkein originally, with Dwarves being borderline alcoholics that know how to hold a grudge. Second edition came with the 'Battle of Ork's Rift', which is a play on the events portrayed in the film 'Zulu'. The 'Empire' was largely based around the Holy Roman Empire with various other flavors of medieval thrown in. Orcs Iz Orcs.

The Far future version was much the same; I have the first printing of WH40K that I had on pre-order for fricking months and it's filled with sci-fi tropes, turning up the silly to the max.

Ansell's takeover then tipped us hard into 'Realms of Darkness' territory and a new world of tit-demons that would hold sway until a board revolt and effectively a corporate takeover which wanted to concentrate on extracting cash from nerds. Chaos got a huge buff during this time.

The corporate takeover started to throw more concentration into spessh marines, while neglecting other lines. Then they started with bigger kits, and rules for those kits (Apocalypse rules tend to require around $120/unit of three tanks), before killing off the Fantasy line due to a lack of sales.

It's been interesting watching the fortunes of the company over time, as they've always seemed so drat abusive to their customers, but drat it if they didn't produce an interesting set of worlds.

Slaanesh is going to get killed off, though. You can have a skull God, but not tit monsters.

I have no interest in the game itself but the setting is extremely awesome. I mean just look at this loving thing. Awesome.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Polish Avenger posted:

Same.

I don't think I'll ever look into the game proper but I really enjoy the universe. I can play through Space Marine a few times a year still. I'm keeping an eye on that early access game (Eternal Crusade, found it) that's looking to do large scale multiplayer Space Marine, I'm hoping they can get that working nicely.

Saw earlier you can get it for like nine bucks right now. Might have to grab it. Also the Dawn of War games are dope.

Would love to check out the pen and paper games, but I don't have anyone to play with locally.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

tooterfish posted:

He's master of mankind by his own will.

There are no gods you loving heretic, get on the bonfire.

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Also if any SC goons wanna play the new Space Hulk with me, it's p. good and you can be an insane hammerman

Game is good? People were making GBS threads on it last I checked. Vermintide is real good, but not 40k.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

My good friends, if you own a PS4 please go out and purchase Actual Real and Good Game Nioh. It is awesome.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Xaerael posted:

Let's be loving honest for a moment. No jokes. Draw a line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is CIG's incentive to EVER release a game if morons keep feeding them with a poo poo ton of cash, even in the face of zero progress, or even worse: steps backward?

Morons. If you ever want to see your stupid game, stop giving Chris Roberts your money. He'll soon start doing his loving job when he sees the well drying up.

But more dollars directly translates into better game bits. Somehow?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Truga posted:

pee rear end four doesn't run star citizen so that'd be 400 bux I could pledge down the drain :colbert:

Too real. Get out! :argh:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

intardnation posted:

I huge trigger for me as well. Walking behind them on the streets is painful. Cologne and perfume is the same as well 0-pain in 3 sec. Garlic another trigger. oldfactory sense is huge for me unfortunately.

I am about to go get a sandwich on an everything bagel, which has garlic on it. It is going to be delicious. Thank you for reminding me about it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Just wanted to drop a quick update on the sandwich situation. Funding was met and the product was delivered as advertised.

It was delicious.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

D_Smart posted:

No. it's the opposite. Look up Sunk Cost Fallacy, and it will all make perfect sense.

See, you are missing the boat on the crowd funding thing because you clearly don't understand crowd funding development.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Personally, I'm holding out for 3.0, since MoMa says it's coming by Summer :grin:

Added: garbage disposal now accessible.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hello friends. Two weeks?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

:chanpop:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Guys, I need Brandon's epic meltdown Starwars crawl. Someone has to have that saved. Help a brother out.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Thank you! You're the hero this thread needs.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What the gently caress is this dude talking about?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What the heck are you guys on about?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Look at all these terrible opinions. Elite is extremely cool and good.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I mean it's pretty dull and shallow imo but it does what it means to do and does it extremely well.

A million miles wide and an inch deep.

It is not without faults. At worst it is a very solid foundation that is being expanded upon by a competent Dev team.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I don't understand.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'll :toxx: my account if Derek is successfully able to file suit (not small claims, but for the KickStarter claims he originally made) against CIG before this calendar year is over. Put up or shut up Derek.

I think it's more on CIG to put out a drat game than Derek to file a lawsuit. That's just me though.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What's new?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hello space friends. Just dropping in to let you know Humble store currently has a sale for space games going on.

Might be some good stuff in there.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/space-week/

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Remastered Homeworld collection is tempting since I never played the original. Also anyone have thoughts on GalCiv 3 and Master of Orion?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hello space friends. Just a quick notice that the GOG Spring Sale has started. Haven't had the chance to check it out yet, but there is sure to be some good stuff.

Here is the link.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

*leans into microphone*

WRONG.

That irritates me way more than it should.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

So just checking in, word around the campfire is that the new Mass Effect is bad, therefore Star Citizen is...good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Decrepus posted:

Was The Agent the one who showed us his balls?

That would be the guy with the balls avatar.