Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dragon Maid and Demi-chan are both things I have heard good things about. I'll check out chaos;child and hope it ends up a better adaptation than it's predecessor. KonoSuba and Rakugo are both a given considering how great the first seasons were. And I think namtab may have mixed up risky and safe because Saga of Tanya the Evil definitely sounds by far the more interesting.

Oh and I guess I should probably watch Little Witch Academia, assuming I have any time left at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Colonel posted:

tanya the evil is a very risky rec cause the manga for it is not very good

The one page I saw posted of it says otherwise!

...also stop cheating.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The science;adventure series all take place in the same universe, with the occasional reference toward the other games (A couple of characters from Steins;gate show up in Robotics;Notes, etc.) I'm pretty sure they all also share the same overarching evil conspiracy as well. Note that Occultic;Nine is not technically part of the series and has no real relation other than a couple of jokes and a similar plot.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Hey, "totally generic shonen anime but written by a woman" gave us Kekkaishi and D. Gray Man. It's a very tenuous connection to quality but this is still the first thing that's given me a glimmer of interest on Ao no Exorcist. :v:

It's decent, feel free to watch it and you probably won't regret it or anything. I remember liking it a good amount when it aired.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Zetsubou-san posted:

yes
Youjo Senki

sure why not
ACCA
LWA
Akiba's
Onihei

moe
Dragon Maid

Why do you have two categories for yes?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Agronox posted:

I suspect it was slightly overhyped and is now suffering from a bit of a contrarian backlash.

I'd say less of a contrarian backlash and more that just so many great shows have aired since and it's kind of gotten drowned out a bit. The fact that the ending was just sort of middling and that's the thing most people remember looking back doesn't help.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Davincie posted:

for the 5 others that watched it... psi saiki is getting a second season
https://twitter.com/saikikusuo_PR/status/813068159301271553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

also merry christmas

:toot:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wait, how the gently caress did I miss that there's going to be more Ai Mai Mi?! That's pretty much the show that made me realize why short anime own.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

a kitten posted:

I feel like you wouldn't get much blood out of there.

What's wrong with the vampires of today?

Looks like the MC is gonna have a tough time with her in biology class...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Davincie posted:

nyanko days is a deeply depressing tale of a schoolgirl without friends, who imagines her cats having human like personalities, basically a proto crazy cat lady

Ah, they finally made a Garfield anime.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Constanze is the best one-note character. :colbert:

Also I can't believe we've already gotten two great shows and konosuba and maidragon aren't even out.

Kinda tempering any hopes for maidragon though.

I look forward to people saying Demi-chan is the show KyoAni should have made if Maidragon turns out to be not good.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fangz posted:

Gosh I hope that romantic subplot doesn't happen.

I am perfectly fine with Strong-Sensei dating Adorable-Sensei.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

To be fair, that's also how it advertises itself.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

MaiDragon is good. As a person who likes dragons way too much, I'll say it nails down the dragon part perfectly. And that's really all I care about in my shows about dragons.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

numerrik posted:

I'm liking Akiba's Trip and Demi-Girls, are both good. I am looking forward to watching Chaos;Child when I get home. Is there any recommendations on shorts this season? I have room for one more along with Koro Sensei Quest.

Ai Mai Mi!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

dogsicle posted:

actually people should keep watching Fuuka and just post their reactions here in like seven episodes

Congratulations on convincing me to watch Fuuka. It better be entertaining or I'm holding you responsible.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I made a thread for Tanya the Evil/Youjo Senki

AnoHito fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 17, 2017

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fixed. Must have missed a character when copy/pasting

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

You don't fire your entire core staff unless you're in some kind of massive death-spiral; everything will break, and nobody will be able to fix it. It's much more likely a bunch of people just left or something, which is a thing that happens all the goddam time at any tech company that isn't Google or Facebook.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kanna is not a very good dragon, but is still adorable anyway. Tohru continues to be everything a good dragon should be and more.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Davincie posted:

well according to wikipedia their only original work is yurikama lol

Yurikuma was good as long as you avoided any and all conversation about it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wasn't that 'drama' just one lady complaining because PA Works was pretty much trying to politely tell her she should leave and also not understanding that being an inbetweener is more of a part time job that leads to being a real animator? I remember her getting called out on it by a bunch of other animators.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The chaos;head VN is pretty good, but steins;gate is still definitely the best one

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Homura and Sickle posted:

Can someone summarize why the dragon maid show is good? I might check it out but the PV I saw a couple months ago made me think it was gonna be extremely terrible so I find it surprising so many people are recommending it

In short, It's KyoAni being KyoAni. It's a cute and funny SoL anime with a lot of love/effort put into it.

Also dragons own and make pretty much everything worth watching, but that might just be me.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hated it when Nanbaka switched to being all about the characters' dark backstories, but I am totally down for Ai-Mai-Mi doing that.

Um, what do you mean switched to? Looks like someone hasn't been paying attention to Ponoka's deep lore :smug:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

So...is there any context where the recap for Chaos;Head makes any sense? I feel like I understand even less about the setting than I did when I started watching, and I'm concerned that Chaos;Child is going to be more of the same.

The context is "reading the chaos;head VN." Which you should probably do if you're going to watch chaos;child. As someone who read chaos;head, the recap made perfect sense to me.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

devtesla posted:

Moé is a disease that infected anime in the 00s, destroying all manliness. Ten years later there's nothing but tea parties and frilly dresses left.

I'm glad we got the good end.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

NGNL was stupid, colorful, and fun. That's enough to make me to like it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I waited to binge it last season and enjoyed it more because of it, so I'm going to do the same this season.

It's a good show and you should probably make the thread, though. I know there's at least a few people here keeping up with it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

z0glin Warchief posted:

I did this with my gameboy back in the day, but due to how indented the batteries were in the case, it didn't actually stop them from falling out and erasing my unsaved Pokemon Blue progress.

Literally the same thing happened to me as a kid, but with gold instead. Lost like three badges of progress.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

dogsicle posted:

i don't expect this ever, nor do i watch recap eps. seems like a good strategy except in the case of chihayafuru and osomatsu-san.

Do not under any circumstances skip the recap episode of Utena, either.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Colonel posted:

the hot springs episode of gurren lagann that they edited from a 24 minute long joke about kamina being a giant pervert to being half recap of the past five episodes and half complete nonsense

Yeah that was pretty great

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

Even Chaos;Child? (Please say yes, I want to watch this when it's done.)

It's decent so far. It definitely manages to keep the tone chaos;head had of being generally unsettling, and it definitely has some tense moments, but the plot is executed a little awkwardly so far.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

also i started to watch gintama and its the funniest show ever

Oh are you in for a wonderful ride.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

esselfortium posted:

Dumb but compelling: Chaos;Child

He'll only other person watching/enjoying chaos;child

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I dropped it after the episode where the moral was "adoptive parents don't love their kids." Though it was already going downhill when they seemed to abandon the "idiots doing random nonsense in prison" thing they had going.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

This week, the Kamakura Tourist Board finally starts getting their moneys worth

also, can any Colorado goons confirm

"Horse" sure is a weird way to say "redneck af pickup truck."

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

a kitten posted:

In other news there's a gyaru wiki.

:bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

darkgray posted:

Right, stepped up their game from that amateur hour Euphonium, I guess?

Animation quality aside, Euphonium is really not all that good or interesting. I dropped it like 5 or 6 episodes in and don't really feel any pressing need to go back to it.

• Locked thread