Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Mmm losing a stripe for playing with guns. Someone see you or did you just talk about it like a dummy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Well apparently people get all in a tizzy if you allegedly disassemble your M9 on watch because you're bored. loving students running their mouths. Wish me luck!

HOW WOULD YOU DEFEND THE SHIP AGAINST TERRORISTS WITH A DISSASSEMBLED WEAPON SHIPMATE?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Told ya Sea-Tac USO was legit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Well apparently people get all in a tizzy if you allegedly disassemble your M9 on watch because you're bored. loving students running their mouths. Wish me luck!

lmao

never trust a loving student at an a or c school, theyre basically boots and will narc on you first chance.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

jfc

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Why the gently caress would you think an armed watch is the time to disassemble and play around with a weapon?

I’m not saying that there’s a good reason for you to be armed and the chance of you ever needing to use your weapon is basically 0, but still.

Reminds me of the time a fellow SN was internal rover and took off his gunbelt, put it on the deck, and curled up under a blanket on a berthing couch.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Deal with consequences, and good luck!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
You said alleged. Slander the character of the other students and deny, deny, deny. You took apart your loving WEAPON ON WATCH, why not speedball your retard ball round

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

You dumbass.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I mean, MTS is the worst. Horrible work conditions drive people to do dumb things

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Should have just snuck in a second, personal gun.

Good luck man.

Jimmy4400nav fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 16, 2018

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Enjoy your mast.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Man i thought i was gonna get hosed up for popping my asp on watch while i was bored, you went and got caught taking apart your M9. You're gonna need some lube bud.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

lmao the Army seeps into the Navy.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

On orders for 139 days. Time to get my Navy on. Woo.

Where to? The fact that you're in SeaTac long enough to hang out in the uso makes me assume things.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CMD598 posted:

Where to? The fact that you're in SeaTac long enough to hang out in the uso makes me assume things.

I’m in DC being an office dweeb. Nothing exciting at all.

And I like it like that.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m in DC being an office dweeb. Nothing exciting at all.

And I like it like that.

May your life be boring, may you die in your bed.

piL fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 16, 2018

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Pfft, you could at least get orders to Asia and experience all the fun parts of being forward deployed. Or at least give me a speedline to a one-net account. (it's been a month and I'm still waiting)

In other news we got a surprise visit from the VAQ Pac Wing Commodore today as our MCI/MPA inspection kicked off and 3 dudes went to mast for cough syrup.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

why does the navy want to punish someone for showing initiative

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

mods change my name to A School NJP

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
I find it hilarious that in Atsugi NCIS would probably not care if you took a Japanese school girl to the barracks but here in Iwakuni they're looking high and low for cough syrup.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
In my defense I got told like a million times not to gently caress the students and I don't think I was ever specifically told not to take apart my M9 while on watch.

Seriously though, I know I hosed up. I can only hope that an otherwise clean record and a willingness to own up and take my licks gets me some leniency.

Maybe they'll be impressed by how quickly I can disassemble and reassemble a pistol?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

In my defense I got told like a million times not to gently caress the students

Nukecest is never worth it. Speaking from experience here.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

In my defense I got told like a million times not to gently caress the students and I don't think I was ever specifically told not to take apart my M9 while on watch.

.... You're seaman schmuckatelli...
We've found him

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Seriously though, I know I hosed up. I can only hope that an otherwise clean record and a willingness to own up and take my licks gets me some leniency.

Maybe they'll be impressed by how quickly I can disassemble and reassemble a pistol?

I think being in an instructor position means leniency is avoiding charges. Brace for assfucking shipmate, you've earned it.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I don't think I was ever specifically told not to take apart my M9 while on watch.
It's you. You're the reason we have quarterly training on asinine, brutally obvious topics like "why raping people is bad". Now there's gonna be a page 13 to say "I will keep my weapon assembled".

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Did you get told that you had to load and unload your weapon in a clearing barrel or snail?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CMD598 posted:

I find it hilarious that in Atsugi NCIS would probably not care if you took a Japanese school girl to the barracks but here in Iwakuni they're looking high and low for cough syrup.

Is NCIS on Atsugi being lovely really a thing? It would definitely help explain nothing being done about some poo poo that happened to one of our corpsmen.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Thanks for making feel like not the worst sailor here.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

jfc

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CMD598 posted:

Pfft, you could at least get orders to Asia and experience all the fun parts of being forward deployed. Or at least give me a speedline to a one-net account. (it's been a month and I'm still waiting)

In other news we got a surprise visit from the VAQ Pac Wing Commodore today as our MCI/MPA inspection kicked off and 3 dudes went to mast for cough syrup.

Lol they deactivated your one net account when you transferred? Good loving luck getting that back.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Why can't you just mentally plan out what your plan would be if you ended up in a Die Hard scenario where it was just you versus 20 terrorists like a normal person?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

So you guys remember the time I said that being told a surviving spouse doesn't get benefits once the deceased service member's active duty period ends was the "dumbest loving thing I've ever heard?"

I'm starting to rethink this.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Lol at best your rear end in a top hat is going to be a bleeding gaping mess when the CO is done loving you up at mast. At worst you're gonna be looking at 60/60, RIR, and half months pay x2

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

orange juche posted:

Lol at best your rear end in a top hat is going to be a bleeding gaping mess when the CO is done loving you up at mast. At worst you're gonna be looking at 60/60, RIR, and half months pay x2

Wouldn't that affect his ability to teach dumb A Schoolers?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

orange juche posted:

Like this is one of those mast cases I've been bailiff on where the skipper looks at the top page, looks at you in your blues at attention, and just says, "What the gently caress, Shipmate?"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

Wouldn't that affect his ability to teach dumb A Schoolers?

Oh yeah he's probably hosed as an instructor. They'll have him cleaning shitters for the remainder of his tour or they will rotate him to sea early.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So.... I made a few rj-45 cables today. Had a nice lunch. Found the nearest titty bar. Realized I only gonna see two other sailors and possibly the XO or CO if I walk way out of my way. Civilians are nice bunch.

Kinda meh about hyanda sonata rental. It’s pretty gutless and gross sedan.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

So.... I made a few rj-45 cables today. Had a nice lunch. Found the nearest titty bar. Realized I only gonna see two other sailors and possibly the XO or CO if I walk way out of my way. Civilians are nice bunch.

Kinda meh about hyanda sonata rental. It’s pretty gutless and gross sedan.

Can confirm hyundai sonatas are gross and gutless. Bought one about a decade ago, it was a piece of poo poo, was not sad to see it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
Why is disassembling your weapon a big deal In the navy?