Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What changes will the new ownership bring to the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Business as usual 12 7.55%
A few changes 45 28.30%
This is kind of crazy 55 34.59%
This is batfuck insane 47 29.56%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I watched that PPV in a bar in Anchorage and all I remember is it was called "Platinum Jak's" and BJ utterly destroyed kenflo.

i dont know if we can call keith florian as bad of a gameplanner as edmund but he isnt far off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Tsyni posted:

Goldberg is more than we deserve.

he was a lovable idiot and perfectly personified this dumb sport

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

fatherdog posted:

Who the gently caress is Dizz

I had the exact same reaction and it evolved into "can i make a twitter handle with MMA in it and people will believe what i tweet"

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

how long before the fight is considered in competition?

In-competition refers to the period commencing six hours before the scheduled weigh-in and ending six hours after the conclusion of a Bout.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Glenn Quebec posted:

I....like Floyd?

what? no man, no

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

pls

this is all i want

I can't imagine this going anywhere so it's more likely just some lawyer trying to get some money from Mark

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Kuno posted:

Thanks for the replies. I figured a fair degree of the criticism was to some degree a reaction to hyperbole elsewhere on the internet.

I've watched BJs first two fights so far, I kind of love that era of UFC where a random guy could come in and gently caress poo poo up. Nowadays apart from like CM Punk carnival shows pretty much everyone comes in with a bunch of tape behind them. Takes away some of the mystique I guess but on the other hand it means that you actually get fighters who mostly look like they belong in the building.

He had a similar kind of ascent in the BJJ world prior to his UFC run. He got his black belt in a ridiculously short amount of time and started winning big tournaments. I don't know if we'll ever see something like that again either.

e: god drat fatherdog beating me again

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

What the gently caress is discord

im old and dont know the answer to this either. however, anyone is free to join IRC as an alternative.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

crazy cloud posted:

fatherdog was always bad

i don't know if this will upset new management (whoever he or she may be) but I thought it was worth it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806415

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

rath posted:

That was Leben Akiyama and if you have Fightpass you should do yourself a favor and just go watch the whole fight again. One of my favorites.

This needs some setup. He did this for a few of his wins previously and it was kind of a running gag and so when it happens against Akiyama is like everything coming to fruition.

e: his fights vs terry martin, jorge rivera, and alessio sakara iirc but it's been awhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Ok I typed up a February OP. It just needs a thread title. I'll post it tomorrow.

The Korean zombie comes back next month so if your thread title isn't zombie related, I think you're doing it wrong.

• Locked thread