Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Byolante posted:

See my post about the second leg of the CL semis where RVP was sent off for trying to score a goal for my complete documentation of his fraudulent tactics, its a pretty good explanation of why he is so poo poo now.

i post this like every opportunity but a reminder that that ref was promoted to head of referees for UEFA later that season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
it's because united are poo poo-- edit beaten

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
a french flare player who had an amazing season is now lazy and throwing a strop just a few months later? :monocle:

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

The Big Taff Man posted:

Heres a bunch of posts from the transfer window Fellaini signed

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
abolish all international football other than the world cup. its all poo poo and happens far too regularly, and the best players in the world end up getting worked too hard. of course they should be allowed to choose to skip and the clubs that pay them should have a say in it

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

NTRabbit posted:

Why exactly do players need to be paid to represent their country? Sure, they should have their travel expenses covered, kit, other sundries, and the staff should all be paid appropriate wages, but anyone who needs a match fee to encourage them to play for their country has their head buried up their arse.

actually no, ignoring some romanticized patriotic duty pulled out of your rear end, people should get paid to do what they do professionally

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Are players not salaried employees of their clubs? Like, presumably they still get paid through the summer break like teachers. So they should already be being paid by their clubs during international duty and the national team pays the club for them like having a consultant or whatever come and work for you. But I have no idea.

why does it make a difference if they get paid 12 million on january first once a year or 1 million a month?

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

RideTheSpiral posted:

representing your country in sport is just a typical job and footballers should be insanely well paid for the inconvenience to their selfish bastard lives

yes? exactly? especially when they are the ones responsible making the insane amount of money for the federations?

"football is a cool job so they should have to do it for free if some guys running their national sport federation say so"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Dunno that it does? Perhaps it helps them keep their direct debits sorted out.

I guess my point was about players getting paid to play for their country, they don't need to be as they're already getting paid. The reason clubs are succesful businesses and players are well paid is because of the success of organised football. To get that advantage everyone agreed that clubs release players to national sides when asked and the players go and play. Doesn't matter what some contract between club and player says.

what the loving gently caress lol

• Locked thread