Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Cross post!

The Sex Cannon posted:

I finished my first 6 Orc Blood Bowl Players!

I really love these models. Some of the best work I've ever done. Interestingly enough, I find checks to be a lot easier to paint than dags! I though it would be the other way around!

The emblem on their chest plates is a freehand orky maw with red fangs, as the team is called Da Red Fangz. I think the Blitzer is my favorite.

6 down, 10 to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Griff looks sweet, so I bought him. I can't wait to paint up my stable of star players.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I guess time to move into this thread as currently I pretty much only paint / play Blood Bowl.

Finished a bunch of beastmen for my Slaanesh themed Chaos Blood Bowl team. Just the warriors left to do now, and can move to the next project.

Edit: Holy poo poo I need some better way to take photos because mobile phone pics with window light sure come out different.

wanna block that minotaur

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

That troll is not a bad model, but as with most of GWs latest stuff it feels too busy. I bet thats why you can check out poo poo in 360 view on GWs webpage, because from the simple images you cant make out what the gently caress is going on with that model.

I like the colour scheme.

What's the new troll?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Oh that poo poo is nice. Very tempted...

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

A new Shadespire faction got announced.

https://www.facebook.com/warhammerunderworlds/videos/1306236872788473/

Those are some good skelemans right there.

Motherfucker. Looks like I'm gonna play Shadespire now.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

FW releasing a White Dwarf and Black Gobbo star player pack.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/27/white-dwarf-turns-40/

Limited release at Warhammer Fest, then a more general one later in the year.

Is anyone going to Warhammer Fest? I would love if someone could pick me up these two. I'd pay for the pleasure...

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

If you're in the DC Area and you want to play Blood Bowl, hit me up! I'm the Commissioner of my very own league, The Triple Skulls League! We start the regular season on Monday the 8th, and there are plenty of available spots. Also, we are not horrible shitlords and you will have fun.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Broken Record Talk posted:

Consider yourself hit up.

PM me or email me at dan.boyd59@gmail.com and I'll get you the info!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

dmnz posted:

These are so incredibly busy my eye gets immediately lost and cant see anything :(
Chill out GW. Less is more.

I think it's the paintjob. There's one person who paints all the BB stuff, and their style does not agree with me at all. It's not done in the 'Eavy Metal style, and I can't tell you exactly what I don't like about it, but I do not like it, no sir.

In other news, I finished painting my orc team, and the league I'm running starts up tonight! I'll fill you guys in on what happens after!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Love 'em. Can't wait to buy 'em.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

The Sex Cannon posted:

I think it's the paintjob. There's one person who paints all the BB stuff, and their style does not agree with me at all. It's not done in the 'Eavy Metal style, and I can't tell you exactly what I don't like about it, but I do not like it, no sir.

In other news, I finished painting my orc team, and the league I'm running starts up tonight! I'll fill you guys in on what happens after!

Following up on this: The league met for it's first week and all 9 other people showed up to play! Incredible! We've got quite a few newer players so we spent some time getting everyone up on the game, but my orks, Da Red Fangz, played twice and won twice, with a total of 4 players reaching rank 2! Both games were played against veteran players, the first vs. Skaven and the second vs. Lizardmen.

Game 1
This game was all orks, right from the start. Massive amounts of armor breaking and a ton of 8s and 9s on the injury roll and he was 7 players down by turn 8. Not one casualty, though. Unfortunately it did not really make the game too competitive, and the Fangz cruised to an easy victory: 2-0.

Game 2
Lizards can make for an interesting opponent as they combine a whole bunch of speed (6 or 8 movement on everyone!) with a ton of power (6 ST4 Sauruses!). However, they lack any real skills at team creation - not a single player with block! I focused on punching skinks into the casualty box or nap zone, while locking down sauruses with my line-orks and black orks. A couple of adroit passes got me some important scores and I won 3-1 rather easily.

Next week I'm gonna take the week off playing actual games and focus on coaching and teaching. A few players have already reached out to me and told me how much fun they had, so I'm really excited to continue on. Hit me up if you want to join and you're local to the DMV!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

A few bad injury rolls and suddenly a Skaven team is trying to ice skate uphill. But then next time you'll play you'll lose 9-7 because Gutter Runners.

Speaking of Skaven, look who showed up:
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Blood-Bowl-Hakflem-Skuttlespike-2017

My Skaven players will be happy to see him once I get him painted up!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Better keep your head on a swivel, because there's cross posts a-plenty...

The Sex Cannon posted:

Are you ready for some football?

It's a Monday Sunday night party!

This friend seems almost too rowdy...

I went with a classic Gouged Eye color scheme for Varag because he's their team captain. With SRM's help, I found the old, old color scheme for the Chaos All-Stars, and painted Morg'n'Thorg in that dark green and red scheme, because I believe that was the team that made him famous. My team is currently killing it in my BB league, so I don't know if I'll ever actually use these guys, but they were a blast to paint.

I don't like the "pitcher" troll that GW sells for Orc or Goblin BB teams. What is the next best thing to do if I want to make a 2-troll Goblin team? Has anyone converted those sweet River Trolls (or whatever the gently caress they're called now)?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

New info about the new Goblin special weapons:

In short they get Doom Divers (who presumably are better at being thrown) and 'Ooligans who run around being popular with the fans and distracting opponents. I was half right with my guess (Doom Diver and Sneakey Stabba) but the Black Gobbo does Stab at least...

I'm very excited to see the rules for Swoop and Fan Favorite.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Painted a blood bowl orc

Looks fantastic!

Played my 5th game of BB tonight in the league I'm running and I'm fuckin 5-0, fuckbois.

Blood Bowl > all other GW games.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Cross post!

The Sex Cannon posted:

I finished Grak and Crumbleberry!

These two have a ton of utility in BB. Grak is a standard ogre, and Crumbleberry is just a halfling with Sure Hands, but their utility comes out of the Kick Team-Mate skill: Grak can kick any model with The Right Stuff like a kickoff. This only requires a Bonehead role, and is executed like a cross between a kick-off and Throw Team-Mate. Hilarious for one-turn touchdowns.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

Apparently there was talk around Warhammer Fest of Ogres being sooner than people thought, supposedly the design team had some kind of bolt of inspiration in updating them/giving them new player roles so that's a surprise.

I mean, I'm still surprised we're getting Halflings next after Elf Union.

Is that for real? How do we know?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

This was cool. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you can do more!

I am very jealous that you guys have such an established league.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

I won my 6th game in a row in my league tonight. It was a really close one against Skaven. My opponent had 3 really costly snake eyes moments. If any one of them were reversed, he would have won or we would have tied.

Fortunately my team is sitting happily at 1510 TV atop the leaderboard.

Skaven are remarkably good at recovering position if they can manage to stay on the field. All that AV 7 makes it easy for them to spend a ton of time in the dugout, though. He had a 14-rat team, but by the end, he had 6 players in the dead and injured box.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Retire the team and play ogres.

You've seen how nice my dudes are painted. No way I'm not using them!

The Sex Cannon fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 13, 2017

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Cross post!

The Sex Cannon posted:

So I finished Haklfem Skuttlespike on Monday:

First Skaven I've ever painted. Tons of fun to paint, though. Forge World is really nailing it with all these Star Player models.

The Skaven players in my league are excited he's available for use. He's not their best Star Player, but he's great if you have a Gutter Runner down for a match.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Dwarves truly are the worst.

Played a game with my orks against some Skaven today. He had 300,000 in inducements and took a re-roll and Hakflem Skuttlespike. I got greedy in the first half and blitzed my safety, allowing him to drop Skuttlespike just out of reach and fling him the ball, cementing my loss. Always keep your safety (or two) back when playing Skaven.

The good news is that now I have a MA 7 ork blitzer. So that's cool.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Human lineman: ABF (always be fouling)

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

I am 100% going to make a goth chick Escher gang.

100 loving percent.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clkko7vWbC8

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Is anyone else playing (or has played) Blood Bowl at Adepticon? I have some questions about the rules.

1. Skill packs: Why would anyone take anything but the Standard Skill Pack (5 normal skills to 5 different players, and a 6th normal or doubles skill to a 6th player)?

2. Roster resets: It says that rosters reset after every game, and gives the example that "all casualties are healed". Doe this mean all SPPs are reset, too?

3. I know what the CRP is, but they reference BB16/17 a lot, and I'm not sure what those are. Are those just shorthand names for the recent GW releases of Blood Bowl's rules?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Redvenom posted:

I've never played BB at Adepticon but can probably help with your questions.

1. The standard skill pack is by far the best option for most teams. I guess the others are there for variety but really they suck unless all you want is an AG5 and a MA10 Gutter Runner.

2. Sounds like the format is resurrection rather than progression. This means you don't earn spp between games, cas don't carry over, and you don't worry about winnings or other post-game actions. It's very common amongst BB tournaments because getting wrecked first game really puts the mockers on having fun for the rest of the tournament.

3. Yes, exactly that. It's the new iteration of Bloodbowl plus the supplements Death Zone 1 & 2.

What are you thinking of taking? All the low TV teams look good at this and the results for the last few years bear that out - Orcs, Dwarves, CD, Norse and Undead. Halflings look good with the right coach due to the free Master Chef (which is pretty preposterous).

I am bringing my Orcs! Here's the 1,100,000 team I was thinking of bringing:

1 Thrower
4 Black Orc Blockers
4 Blitzers
2 Orc Lineman
Apothecary
4 Re-rolls

As for the skill pack, I was thinking that all the Black Orcs get Block, one of the Blitzers gets Stand Firm, and one of the Linemen gets Guard. What do you think?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Needs more Goblin thrown by Troll.

This would be the time to have a Troll with Block, but I don't own a troll :(

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Redvenom posted:

Yeesh, he's right, you are a bad ham for this (this was going to be my first suggestion too).

I would drop the Apoth and take another lino. Given the limited skills I doubt you'll be up against any killer teams and the extra body would probably serve you better. For skills I'd say block the BO's and Thrower, then tackle on a Blitzer. Guard would be nice but you have 4 st4 players which should help in that regard, and if you face anything with dodge (or worse, blodge), you will be gnashing your teeth trying to knock them over.

On your drive use the thrower as the ball carrier and run it up the pitch if you can (because of sure hands + block). On your opponents drive hang back the tackler as a sweeper. Oh and kill everything. Good solid Orc playbook!

This is great advice! Thanks! An extra line orc can help with fouls, too: I can foul with impunity with one of my line orcs until he gets ejected and I'm golden!

sorry about not having a troll, guys. i've always thought big guys are a waste of points

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

I take back everything bad I've ever said about Van Saar. Those models are rad as gently caress.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Cross post!

The Sex Cannon posted:

I finished my first 5 members of House Orlock's wildest gang, the Hulkamaniacs: Randy, KoKo, Terry, D-Von, and Animal.

In the group shot, that's a ganger, juve, leader, champion, ganger. Very excited to shoot up SRM's Team MEAT and BuffaloChicken's Team HEAT at the Necroslam Spa Weekend in May!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

glitchkrieg posted:

So are Van Saar recruits more expensive? Because that’s a HUGE advantage on top of their access to the Savant skill set.

I guess the designers really didn’t want to make them any less cheesy than before.

They should have T2. That'd balance 'em.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Cross-body Post!

The Sex Cannon posted:

Meet the Hulkamaniacs!

Their Leader, Terry

The Gang Champions, D-Von and Bubba Ray

The Juves, Koko and Ric

And the rest of the gang, Randy, Booker, Seamus, Animal, and Stevie

I'm heading to beautiful New Jersey tomorrow to cruise the Slam Sector with SRM, BuffaloChicken and others. I can't wait to find out just what they'll do when the Hulkamaniacs run wild on them!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

no one listens to aphex twin, and if they say they do, theyre loving liars

i just listened to an aphex twin song on yourtueb

i absoultely did not do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

They gave Van Saar a goddamned MULTI MELTA