Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I ran into the woman across the back fence today, whose son was a troubled vet. He was the reason I started checking out GIP, to see if he'd be ok with posting with a bunch of similar folks, I'd buy him an account and "Hey Aron, there's this whacky website with a subforum with some dudes that have been kinda sorta exactly where you've been. Good online support group, maybe Check it out?"

October a year and a half ago, we were all ready to head to the airport for Miami the next morning to see our daughter, when there's a SWAT team banging on the door one night. They wanted us out of there, and permission to set up a post in the back yard. i said wait 12 hours and we'll be leaving for the week. Seems our neighbor was waving a gun around and really upset. I walked back there with this kid cop with a sniperscoped rifle, and told him I could probably talk to Aron, he'd listen, but of course that was ruled out. I let the cop have one of those stupid molded plastic lawn chairs to set up on over the fence, the most absurd of scenarios.
Supposedly they talked Aron down, he got treatment, they adjusted his meds, or idk what.

So, today walking the dog I saw his mom in her yard, and mentioned the For Sale sign in their yard. And she told me why, because of what happened last October. She couldn't even say it, she just said he passed away. She found him in the back yard with his gun.
Idk why I'm even posting this.

He was a good lad, good heart, he didn't deserve that. You boys talk to someone when you need to, it can get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mike-o posted:

Jesus dude, I'm sorry :smith:

Yeah, me too, that's what I told his mom. drat shame.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

M_Gargantua posted:

I've been a poor slack user because I don't have the GiP slack on my phone and I'm away from home most of the time. I also feel like a dick because I've taken suicide watch calls before and felt the exhaustion the next morning, where I have to yell at myself saying what if next time it's your drunken rear end feeling reality set in and fffffffffffff

Seriously like many goons here I've had too many friends. Message me if you need something. I loving suck at making noble statements but I drove all the way to my best friends and clocked him in the face at 4am because I'm selfish and don't want to have to go to any more funerals.

In other news my grandmother died and I feel like poo poo because at 92 she was still spry as a fox and just dropped after a solid dance at the national home. My mom and my aunt managed to get a fairly in depth taped account of all the poo poo she went through a hear or two ago. I almost feel like the only way to do justice to her life is to write a book about her hopping the wall from East Germany with my infant mom and aunt, but I'm heasitant to even think about it because it's a story of surviving the fire bombing of Dresden and other horrible events that make me hate long dead nazis.

And in retrospect my initial reaction to delete this post in antipathy to the point of this thread and posting from the heart. Typing out words that you're feeling hurts. So get it off your chest

You're a good lad for clocking a friend when he needed it, and your gran sounds like she was a special awesome kind of girl.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

McNally posted:

My best friend killed herself last night.

gently caress.

Good lord. sorry.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Soulex posted:

My joke was gonna be that he should just take the hint that women don't like being around him and should consider being gay.

I had a real elaborate one about hubris and his gigantic penis offending Yahweh, who is a jealous God, a quote from Numbers with cubits, and then I thought well that's a bad idea.

Sorry McNally. Hang in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Positivity guys & prayers for your fam.