Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I'm down but kashuno is a garbage prince for not running his Old Videogames Mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

christ why did I do this

confirmed, but also SOMBER! Tell me, has our rivalry cooled? Or do the flames of oft-mistaken certainty in my alignment still burn bright within your heart! Let us dance again, and save the Katamari Kingdom, by making you the first item in my Katamari of Vengeance

or some poo poo idk ##vote Somberbrero

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

have we played together?

wow, rude, my third-favorite mafia player denies our bonds of friendship. you're out of round, cousin. like a flat basketball left outside all year.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Infinitum posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I have no idea who you are either

dude we played in my last game together. don't be so square! roll with me. across the waves. into the solar currents. where somber is a piece of poo poo backstabber fucklord who has never, ever been right about my alignment.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

goddamn do those look good and also give me the craving for a soft pretzel

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

EXAKT Science posted:

I think it's puff pastry or phyllo dough, because the individual flakes look like they're rolled thin

oh yeah for sure those are not pretzel dough, but that brown outside combined with the seeds reminiscent of salt

goddamn do I want a pretzel

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

sell me on it with an extended baked goods metaphor

make somber a burnt-rear end piece of poo poo sugar cookie that I'd still eat to make it feel like it had a purpose but goddamn is it giving me a lot of reasons not to!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

so I'm catching up after a long day and as I read the thread:

Somberbrero posted:

i presume there is a point somewhere in here, i hope it's doing okay.

somber he had a valid point and even if you disagree with it to completely disregard it is disingenuous

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

explain it then

it is traditional in mafia games to have a nice little joke-around period and Quid really dived for ending that early

I am not saying that Quid is inherently scummy or that Inf is inherently towny but it's valid as far as D1 points are valid IMO

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

oh it is traditional, i see!

why is ignoring the joke phase a scummy behavior?

did I not just say that quid isn't inherently scummy

drowned in pussy juice posted:

Also quid has habitually ignored joke phase in every game I've been in with them as both town and scum, it's a complete non argument as far as I care

also this is true I forgot that quid is a no-fun bummer

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

taste you do plan on coming back and reading before deadline and your vote is just a placeholder, right

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

MMT tell me straight because we are friends: are you scum? Because your case is reading as real weird to be doubling down on as hard as you are.

what exactly does this accomplish

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

how often are lurkers scum, really? in my experience lurkers are typically disinterested town, scum want to stay active and try to control the conversation

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

since we're voting taste/frisk (I guess I gotta start using new names)

Epsilon Plus posted:

taste you do plan on coming back and reading before deadline and your vote is just a placeholder, right

I do hope that he's gonna come back tomorrow with some good reads and etc. I get not wanting to devote your weekend to a clusterfuck game and I assume he'll give us something tomorrow and isn't legit voting no-roll, but

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Flying Leatherman posted:

This is kinda weird. E+ votes Somber during jokephase, then, eight pages later, does this little song and dance. Out of eight pages, this is the thing that he picks up on? Feels more like an attempt to roll from a jokephase vote into a serious one. I don't want to vote him, just wanted to point it out, though. I have a real big scum read that I'd rather vote instead...

nah, I just like to gently caress around with Somber; he's fun to put the screws to and out of all of you he and Taste are the guys I feel I have the best reads on.

Speaking of, ##unvote I should find an actual vote target soon.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dear forums user "drowned in pussy juice" what other names have you gone by so I can try to remember things about you during a reread of this thread later

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

MC eating disorder

was he something before that, or

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

Wait seriously? I thought you were scum in that game but I just combed through Kash's mod posts and don't see a scum flip for you.

Going back to look again. If you were scum in that game, you aren't scum here.

this is a no good very bad poo poo-tier post, I know we all love our reads and our metas and poo poo but it's not like people can purposefully change their behavior to throw you off

also inf did I miss the post where you pulled your head out of your rear end and considered alternatives, or are you taking your title of "professional arsehole tunneler" very seriously? having done a cursory re-read of your posts you don't appear to have any settings between "shitpost" and "full bore hell-for-leather gently caress-this-guy". I know it is D1 and it is, in general, not the greatest of days for any game (although this has been pretty deec so far) but please answer this question: is there any other reason for taste to be acting this way and do you think constantly calling him a liar is helpful in determining the current gamestate

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I am willing to accept, upon recollection, that Inf is town but a loving berzerker with no logic or reason, rolling from case to case like the rise and fall of a scythe through wheat.

or some poo poo, jesus christ I wish there was a good reason to vote you off

so if it's not inf it's stickup, wanna check something before I vote:

drowned in pussy juice posted:

So just for the record, it was stickup who used my wobbly case on inf as a justification, and his post history is extremely busy without any posts that actually feel like honest reads

Incidentally he also implies he's gonna kill db tonight and that he doesn't have a vig which could all just be joke phase but I rly don't like it

##vote stickup

just to make sure, we're referring to this post, right:

this is a stickup posted:

sadly this does feel like town TM and I'll remove my jokevote ##unvote

right now I would vote inf, or grudgingly vote DB since I don't actually have a way to kill him n1

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

jesus christ I am having a hell of a time following the twists and turns this game takes, like a rollercoaster whose brakes have failed and also I'm stuck on it with 22 other gibbering assholes/idiot savants

are we even going to get the momentum to get a majority

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

TMMadman posted:

Ok, here's my one issue with Inf and his ability:

If he is town and has the ability to make someone unlynchable, why would he vote for that person and push for the turbo?

to prove D1 that his ability is useful/functional? could he possibly be masons with someone in addition to his ability and has some kind of low shenanigan planned? or maybe he changed his mind near the end of the turbo and didn't think he could reverse it.

##vote stickup tbh his posting isn't making me want to not vote him, so

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

TMM, just turn the burners under your Posting Pot down for a bit. If I were you I'd try to stick to making cases rather than defending yourself.

I think some kind of PR-enforcing power seems scummy, or maybe 3P. Town would just hit themselves with it. I hope it's just a one-shot.

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Should I vig inf since he's useless and will keep making himself day invincible?

My other option is Cpig. I want one of them.

Inf is useless, but also pretty town with that PR of hit. Why Cpig?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I guess with so many dead scum we can all have a nice relaxing vacation.

A vacation is not excuse to be unproductive, however! When I was on vacation I wrote like 60 pages of a book. That was mostly because the vacation sucked, though.

got some chores tonight posted:

epsilon plus has made the following posts: opened the game by voting somber w/ some "old rival" nonsense, say "lurkers arent scum", randomly picks on somber for some little thing (only game content), unvotes somber, and just goes "ahh this game is hard to understand"

kinda textbook scum - open w/ a push, drop it once somber gets a little heat, dont make any cases otherwise, lurk game

Yeah I haven't been a great player this game. For some reason I keep trying to play in crazy-rear end hosed up games to come back from hiatus instead of just finding something chill.

Speaking of crazy-rear end hosed-up games, there were five nightkills? Jesus.

GulagDolls posted:

kb is the scum ringleader :black101:

GulagDolls posted:

actually probably not. lets kill all those other people. starting with hal. ##vote hal :black101:

Why the flip-flop within five minutes? Does this mean you think that KB isn't scum, or that Hal is more likely to be scum?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

kb respond to the goddamn pm

what

Hal Incandenza posted:

gently caress you gulag.

I can confirm gulag killed somber, good job gulag.

So is it that you know gulag visited somber, or that gulag killed somber?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

GulagDolls posted:

the crab and i are both town

you think both hal and KB are scum, right? is there one you think is more likely than the other?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

GulagDolls posted:

serial killers cant be janitors

how about you chores....got any proof youve never held a mop...

yeah this game is full of absolutely hosed up roles so that argument is total bullshit

also, christ TMM

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

tbh I could totally buy a SK/janitor or maybe a SK with a bunch of one-shot kill powers - janitor, ninja, strongman, etc. etc.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

okay so I'm sitting down and trying to make some reads, tbh I have forgotten a lot of meta poo poo so someone who's been more engaged in the community lately can chime in. out of everyone posting so far these two are the ones who have gotten under my skin the most:

gulag dollas is all over the loving place and most of his posts are pretty low-content? dragging people into masonries and then killing them definitely does a lot to disrupt the pax katamari. it's not out of the realm of possibility of being a town power in this game. plus claiming to have targeted three out of the four dead scum? seems suspicious. in fact with the number of dead scum in this game we might have one if not zero left, tbh I can't remember if town wins with 0 scum and a SK around - is the SK considered a threat to the town? plus he tries to buddy up with me, which feels odd because we haven't really interacted all game.

king burgundy has some awkward-rear end posts, like these:

King Burgundy posted:

Actually, I just had a thought...

Kash said this game has tons of new roles. What if that message was part of someone's role and they are just protecting Keane?

We should roll him to hammer anyway, just in case. :)

then gets into a big awkward slapfight with infinitium, has spent most of the game sounding kinda smug and poo poo (that might just be me reading into it tbh I'm in a rude mood tonight). I really wanna know what the gently caress this is about tho:

kb respond to the goddamn pm

like there's no reason for scum to talk like this in thread? but there's no reason for anyone to talk like this in thread really.

imma get some work done and reread the thread again maybe something better will pop up? I'm not inherently 100% suspicious of KB but I am kinda concerned about gulag dolls either as scum or an anti-town 3p.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

GulagDolls posted:

no it isnt crab. lucky for ye that we live in peaceful times, else I might make you into crab stew for such a statement.

read the flips. hal tracked me to the somber kill. somber was specifically sent into space. the same thing happened to pmom. this game might have wacky roles but do you think it lets me kill 3 times with two actions (??) and have just 'one' of the kills janitored and not sent into space.

again, it's possible that you might not janitor all of your kills. "rolled into a star" is obviously janitor-killed but "sent into space" may be a generic nightkill message for all other kills; I don't think we've had enough kills this game for me to be 100% on that. you may also be lying about killing both somber and pmom? I think it's plausible that you janitored diqnol, and did some other kind of kill on somber.

King Burgundy posted:

Also, consider this. We had two night phases last night right? Why is it still only TMM affected by this? Why is someone else not under PR? Also, a reminder that I tried targeting TMM two nights in a row and failed both times. If I'm failing on him, why wouldn't other people?

After Epsilon it's one of Gulag or TMM for sure for me.

it's possible that whoever is inflicting PRs may have been blocked on an attempt, or has hit someone who hasn't posted yet? moreover, your role is to redirect your target's target, right? could it not be possible that TMM has a passive or day-only role?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ε+ should claim imo

##vote ε+

in light of TMM's claim I'd rather not claim my role right now but if you and someone else reaaaaaally insist I'll come out with it

also so nobody makes the same dumb and bad mistake I made last time: less than 24 hours remain in the game day

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

A role you can't claim but can independently be 'claimed' by a third party is sus as gently caress, it's true. Plus being done over PM instead of on a post? This game breaks all kinds of rules but some are sketchier than others.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

wait, where are we getting this 6 number from? he can collect 6 players a night but there's no guarantee that that's the total number of scum. did I miss something somewhere?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I mean, is it not plausible that one of the remaining scum has a godfather ability?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

GulagDolls posted:

even my masonry invite was redirected n1. I don't know if that was because of your action or not but it definitely makes me not trust tmm's n1 results at all

It's going to depend on what his results said. I've played with/run two different kinds of redirects: one where you don't know you've been redirected and one where you do know. Unless you specifically target X and get a reply saying your action hit Y you can assume to be playing with the first kind.

TMM did any of your results differ from your intended targets?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

If he's lying, he accounted for everything.

well, my question is now Pointless

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

:redhammer: before I even got to wake up and place my vote, christ

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Twelve hour days? This is loving Ridiculous Kash You Piece Of poo poo :kratos:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also taste I hope your flu has cleared up because we only have twelve hours to hear whatever calm-rear end wisdom you have

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I want to reread before I make a vote (but I will be doing so well within the deadline), but I can claim now: I have a bullshit purely passive doctor role. Essentially I protect everyone who visits me each night, but the strength of the protection is variable - the more people who visit me, the less strong my doctoring is. I've tried to clarify this with Kash but he didn't give me any hard numbers (because he's a limp-dick piece of poo poo cotton-brained jerkoff, gently caress you for making me so weird kash), so I dunno if it's based just on the number of people who visit me or a ratio of the number of people who visit me to the number of alive people. The only clarification I got from him is that one person visiting me guarantees that that one person is immune to death that night - can't be strongman'd/juggernaught'd or ninja'd or what-the-gently caress-ever! - and if everyone visits me that night, my doctor ability is completely nullified.

In conclusion, gently caress you for giving me a role that I have no control over instead of something cool. This game is even more horseshit than the garbage fires I usually run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I just want to draw Hal's attention to this, since he's a big loving smug jagoff that's really grinding my gears!

TMMadman posted:

I collect cousins and I'm told if any aren't my friends. I assume that means that any bad or non-good cousins aren't my friends, but it isn't explicitly stated.

TMM got one hit on six. It is possible that a SK may not register as "not friends", or that a godfather would be a "friend". A straight godfather isn't plausible in this game, given the weird roles, but I think it's highly plausible that there's a godfather meshed in with some other role, or a conditional godfather, or something.

It is, of course, also plausible that TMM is a dogfucking liar. Saying he's "weirded out" by the chores kill is bizarre since it's obviously the optimal kill - his role is 100% confirmable pre-flip by its nature, so it's not as if he was lying to cover a more powerful role. In addition if we find that TMM flips scum I'd be willing to assume there's no godfather or other obscuratory scum role.

Just to make sure before I vote (if anyone's even loving up atm, I'm only awake because I have an Algorithms test I barely know the material for and I am desperately cramming) the primary reasons for voting FL are a. to test TMM's claim and b. because a misuse of his power could seriously bone us, right?

• Locked thread