Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The new Eder pic looks a lot like James Cromwell to me, at least around the eyes and nose. Anyone else see that?

"That'll do Durance. That'll do."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Woo, beat the game in time for PoE2! :toot:

Wondering how PoE2 will gel with some of the endings I got though. Also you think pissing off Ondra by restoring Abydon was a good idea before spending the next game on a ship?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Do we know how choices are transferring over yet? Is it just saves or is there gonna be a more in depth editor?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Thanks mate. That's good news, didn't think I'd get playthroughs for other stuff I wanted to try out done in time. Gonna try and get that devout Eothasian Orlan cleric from Aedyr done at least for the most hated man in Dyrwood though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I want Durance's ashes in a jar, so I can huck them at someone mid-conversation. I feel it's the burial he would have wanted..

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

oooh poo poo Pillars of Eternity 2 is coming out on the switch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/02/06/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-coming-to-consoles.aspx

ffucucucuck i really want to import a save but also wanna play on the switch.

From the Switch thread. Just in time for me to be up for double dipping for portability.

Edit:Older news than I thought. Whelp shoulda looked two pages back.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 8, 2018

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mymla posted:

What the gently caress ropekid.

I mean this is probably on Avellone specifically being Durance.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I've said before, but I really hope we can get Durance back using his ashes as a throwing weapon in Pillars 2. He was a pretty good character, as hateable as he was even if yeah clunkily implemented and far too one sided.

frajaq posted:

is it because he was written by Avellone

People hate Avellone now?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

rope kid posted:

I wrote Pallegina and pickups for various Edér lines. Eric wrote the vast bulk of Edér. Carrie wrote Aloth. Megan starks wrote Xoti. Paul Kirsch wrote Maia and Tekēhu.

Who's writing Ydwin? I know she's not a full companion but I assume someone is assigned to her.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The real question we shouyld all be asking after this reveal is obvious.

Do we get to see Teheku's weird wereshark dong/s.

bongwizzard posted:

Are the dongs going to be circumcised or not? I want to get started on my erotic elf fiction and really need to get this issue settled asap.

We'll need to contact the Silent Hill wiki for help on this.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

bongwizzard posted:

Do sharks have multiple dongs, or is this just some wishful thinking?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

https://gizmodo.com/heres-why-sharks-have-two-pensies-1701514732

I want to say that I'd have preferred it if he was a Great White but . . . these days yeah maybe it's better to just have him be a hammerhead

quote:

Cartilaginous fishes, like sharks and rays, are blessed with something called "claspers", dual sperm-releasing tubes jutting from their pelvic fins. Why two? Thanks to a recent study published in the journal Nature Communications, we now know more about the sea creatures' mysterious double dongs.

Many animals, including humans, have a gene called Sonic hedgehog (Shh) -- named by discoverers who were clearly twisted Sega fans. The gene promotes cell growth that leads to the development of an organism's body. Now researchers at the University of Florida have confirmed that prolonged exposure to Shh causes the growth of penis-like appendages in cartilaginous fish, after completing an experiment focusing on skate embryos.

They do, all thanks to Sonic.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 5, 2018

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Stream's up.

https://www.twitch.tv/obsidian

Just trailers right now.

Edit: One of the stream people said Obsidian will be on in like 3 hours, whelp.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 7, 2018

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I mean on fighting Eothas in a ship.... what's stopping him just grabbing a couple of hundred tonnes of stone from the sea floor and hucking it at you?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

frajaq posted:

Always liked the robe mixed with pieces of armor that Khadgar used in WoW

the perfect mage armor IMO

I really like the flashy combo of Byzantine robes and armour the Dwemer rocked in Morrowind. Got a Skyrim mod that adds them and it looks dope.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

As someone who has liked Avellone's stuff I am a little sad this is how I'm gonna remember him after he never gets work outside of small indies again because lol if you think a major corporation is gonna hire someone that does this.

Of course the biggest shame is the lack of fishing. Every game needs a fishing minigame/sidequest.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Zore posted:

No, one of the other writers who left Obsidian he mentions went to work on Shadow of Mordor (which isn't Shadow of War so they may have only been involved in the first game which had no Shelob).

Mordor's writing is also dire though to be fair. Nothing as stupid as Shelob but it's instead just completely boring which might be worse. So Gonzales is 1 for 2 after leaving Obsidian (because yeah HZD is gold).

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

bongwizzard posted:

Every day I light a candle in remembrance of what could have been.

Irl fishing isn’t going too well either, the cold spring has really hosed up the pre-spawn.

I am pro-silliness most all of the time.

It’s really a missed opportunity for the game to reach a wider audience. They already got the nazi grogs and the brokebrained elf-daters onboard, it was madness to not go for the lucrative fishbro market.

If there's one thing I'm most happy about the renaissance of big budget Japanese games it's that they never let us down on this front. :colbert:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I got kinda bored by the start a few times, but once I hit act 2 and it opened up I enjoyed the hell out of Pillars.Though the main plot didn't really shine til act 3.

bongwizzard posted:

I’ve never really played a JRPG other than the first Final Fantasy and am extremely suspicious of the genre as a whole, which modern JRPG has the best fishing minigame in the least annoying plot/gameplay?

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah. It's not a JRPG I'd recommend to anyone as a good example of the genre, but it probably does have the best fishing minigame.

FF15's a very love/hate game and not much like a typical JRPG (which might be a plus for bongwizzard) but I really enjoyed it. It has a plot you can completely ditch to explore the world and find fishing spots pretty much whenever. Then you can focus on avoiding having your manhood belittled by the other party members for catching guppies. And getting real hungry from the absurdly detailed food models when the party chef cooks your catches.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I liked the PoE story too but it was drama not melodrama, and players expect video game plots to be melodramatic.

*tugs collar while looking side eyed at Yakuza gang tag*

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oasx posted:

According to CohhCarnage he is the only streamer that will get to play the game friday, while other streamers will be allowed to do it saturday.

Really? Pat from Super Best Friends said he's doing one today I'm pretty sure.

Count Uvula posted:

He joins your party after Eothas chops his wang off and he refuses to bang without his beloved wang.

What a terrible excuse, he has a spare.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

....... so Poe2 is the small patch of clear screen between his head and logo?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Dude still has a show to run, he gets much smaller when he switches to gameplay.

Okay was worried, I've seen some streamers that just stay like that.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I love alternate game overs.

Was almost wondering if there was like an alternate Wael or Skaen route from that. But that's funny too.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Milli posted:

Man with the updated graphics the godlike really do inspire a sort of otherworldly awe in me, rope kid please give kudos to the art team

I was gonna say, the godlike models are gorgeous.

Also the way Orlan ears flick is adorable.

Pretty lame he want with a bog standard meadowfolk.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Huh, did PoE 1 only let your priest worship those gods? I forget.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

They can reach 7 he said when he checked.

Also monk level 9 is a hit with 500% crit damage. Hahahahaha

Man I got three chars to import and no idea who to start with. Leaning to Eothasian Orlan priest though. Playing the most hated man in Dyrwood was pretty fun.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Walrus Pete posted:

:same:
I beat PoE with a rogue, a do-gooder paladin, and a priest of Skaen. Between those three and really wanting to play a wizard or druid, I have no idea what to play first.

Yeah. The aforementioned priest, a Bleak Walker fire god like philosopher played as one of The Nihilists from Big Lebowski and a sort of generic "does what I, or what like to think I would do" elven Vailan cipher are my three.

Thinking on it the latter might be way more interesting this time.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

"small forms dart nimbly between the coral below"

drat, that probably would have been a fishing spot. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So uh did Eder just talk about banging Xoti's mother, loudly, in a barn, you reckon?

• Locked thread