Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

lol if you thought he was dead when we saw no body

There was absolutely a body, the series just didn’t show the burial. I assume it was switched out at some point for a double and the Kure did some super secret healing thing. Even if they saved Ohma though I can’t imagine he’ll have a long life.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

where the red fern gropes posted:

maybe raian calmed down outside of work and is now quite cool socially

Underground fighter by night, mild mannered salaryman by day.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

yum posted:

52 chapters later, the REAL protagonist shows up as Koga is sidelined for the remainder of the series to recover from his injuries Himaro style

In all seriousness, was Ohma’s “death” just a clever way to introduce a new protagonist without the fan base complaining about more Ohma screen time? I wonder how the focus will be divided between Koga, Ryuki, Ohma, and Yamashita from now on

Also real cold of Yamashita to just ditch Koga like that

Yeah I think Ohma is done as the main character. Not that he won’t get fights like the other fighters but the manga will still focus on Koga. After all it’s called Kengan Omega, not Kengan Asura 2.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

tbf who turns down a free heart replacement. I mean what could possibly go wrong?

There’s no way that heart isn’t booby trapped so it can be shut down whenever “they” want. Good blackmail material.

Of course that assumes the heart story is real, there’s definitely still more to it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm guessing Ryuki is the original and Ohma was a clone from the start.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Andrew Lime posted:

Guessing that Ohma is a clone of Gaoh and Ryuki is just a biological grandson, which would explain why they look alike but are not identical.

Yeah this makes a lot of sense. It would also explain why Ohma is so good at the techniques Goah invented. If Ryuki knows all this it would explain why he hate the Worm so much.

Not sure why you wouldn't clone someone like Takeshi or Bando instead whose strength is mostly from genetics though. Maybe they're too recent, it seems like the Gaoh cloning has been going on for quite a while.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 20, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

Akoya is one of those factions in politics

Meguro is weird cloning poo poo but also representing a different (very hostile?) faction. Though presumably also hostile to the worm

Julius is actually freelance now I think, but also a good addition to the roster.

Misasa is of course katahara's faction, which is different from Nogi's though backing them.

Raian is representing the Kure clan who have significant pull in the kengan matches.

Okubo is registered fighter as well and affiliated with a company.

Gaolong is tied in and also backed by the Thai king so has weight and politics. (and he kicks rear end.)

Wakatsuki is part of the Nogi faction but also a long time veteran and insanely powerful.

Agito and Ohma are there because nobody would disapprove of them.

In addition the factions know that Rihito was trained by Gensai and has his blessing to compete in the matches so they wouldn't oppose that.

Writer guy and Ryuki are the two that are kind of weird choices. But also they were having trouble getting people to be the fighters in the tourney.

Julius was hired by shark teeth lady wasn't he?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

IceBorg posted:

He's probably this guy from Fist of the Seeker, they are pretty similar.

God that art is so bad.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mary Annette posted:

Ring out = instant DQ is the only Purgatory rule I don't care for and I hope it doesn't figure into any results but if it was a compromise Nogi had to make to get Jerry and Sayaka as our announcers it was the right call to make.

I think the ring out rule will be very important. It means characters like Julius and Takashi can lose even if their opponents wouldn’t be able to win in a death match. Not to mention the Purgatory fighters are used to these rules while the Kengan ones aren’t.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 66

:kakashi:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh poo poo Julius can use Haki

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

Julius might just flex his muscles like a net and catch Gensai's hand in between the fibers

Definitely not a technique.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zzulu posted:

Julius lifting fully loaded barbells and breaking them and poo poo is completely nuts already. He's basically curling weight with one hand that our current worlds strongest men (huge 400 pound monsters) struggle to do 1 repetition deadlifts of after preparing for it for months

Those deadlifts are already half a ton. Julius is curling half a ton with one hand, like, casually

Thats closing in on like at least spiderman level strength

To be fair he’s also on a bunch of crazy and probably not safe drugs. He might not live to 50.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of Falcon I hope he ends up as Kuroki’s 2nd disciple.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

mockey's revamp was really lame. the original shot of him as a grizzled old man was so much better than a ridiculously tall delinquent who accomplished absolutely nothing. dude wasn't even in any of the good omakes.

He was an old man originally? What chapter was that?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think Misasa is going to lose but no way Yumigahama goes down this easily. As he said he DID become a fang, that's a position you can't get into with just bluffing and intimidation.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brought To You By posted:

Again, the KO doesn't matter because the rules of the fight stipulate how the winner is chosen and gives only one possible option. And the rules eliminate winning by incapacitation since the 10 count doesn't apply for this match only. In fact, it's weird the color commentary even question if the referee will perform a count or not in the last couple pages. So I can absolutely see Purgatory contesting the outcome because everything about the rules of the match say Yumigawa won even if he's not conscious. And it's not like Purgatory rules haven't caused an upset already, it's not like someone who got completely dominated by his opponent still won in the end.

I'm hoping I'm just thinking too hard about this but there isn't much wiggle room here. Misasa might actually lose the match.

I think the idea is that since Yumigawa is incapacitated Misasa can just wait for a part of his body to be out of the light, or even push him out himself. No one wants to see that so the ref just ended the match.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Even if Ryuki kills here, it wasn't really his fault. Naiden forced him into a deathmatch and it was kill or be killed. I hope the manga doesn't try to portray him as a monster now that he killed in self defense, that'd be really dumb.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I love Carlos' attitude after losing, just thinking about how to get stronger. I hope he shows up again.

EDIT: Oh wait he technically didn't lose

RatHat fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 21, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Carlos. Ohma noted after the flashback that Carlos like Gensai had gotten to the point where he was so strong he was "lonely". Incidentally

This is absolutely the correct read on the fight and it makes it even more frustrating that the original concept for Carlos got dropped because "It made him too strong". It would actually be interesting if Purgatory had managed to pick up a bunch of public fighters that had left the scene to take their skills to the next level. Even Koga's uncle Joji did the same thing and he was apparently a monster karatake even before he went full hermit.

I am however rooting against Masaki on this one. I just want both fighters to have a good showing no matter who wins.

Wait what was Carlos’ original concept?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lt. Lizard posted:

I mean if Masaki has the same deal as Meguro, then literally the only way to get him stop fighting would be to kill him and that would give Kengan Association the win, so.... :v:

Or just make him physically incapable of getting up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

I'm wondering if something about the earbuds prevents him from going psycho, possibly through some sort of pseudoscience with brain vibrations. They think he's shaken up because he's hurt, because he's actually started to go insane.

It might be that he's some sort of sociopath, what with the ability to easily manipulate people and make everyone think positively about him. I hope not, though, since that would basically be a completely different issue than his twin had (which was just "he gets off on pain and killing people."

At the very least, I have a strong feeling he shares the "gets euphoria from pain" thing, even if he doesn't have the whole "likes killing people" thing going on.

Yeah I hope he’s a legitimately good person who just goes nuts from pain in combat. Making him secretly evil seems too obvious.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
His weird eye being the same one Muteba gouged out definitely seems to hint this is actually Masaki but maybe it’s a red herring. Why change his name and hide his identity? Is he even aware that he’s Masaki?

EDIT: The child Masaki acts a heck of a lot more like Hayami than Masaki. I’m guessing the eye is a red herring and Masaki was actually the fake one and Hayami just went underground, changed his name, and learned to blend in with society. Or as a twist maybe he actually overcame his sociopathy and became a good person.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 5, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
To be fair we haven't seen any confirmed full clones yet. Just some imposters with tons of plastic surgery and some cloned body parts.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That’s a rough 23

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 102

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Begemot posted:

drat, what a great fight!

So Hayami is hosed up, but in a different way from his brother. That's a twist I actually didn't see coming. It kind of feels like a retcon to say that Meguro had this other brother the whole time who he didn't actually murder, but whatever. It's just some fun melodrama.

He didn't, Hayami is a clone.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zzulu posted:

any translations?

https://guya.moe/proxy/imgur/3Fj6qvw/1/1/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So spoilers are out, the next is match is Nicolas Le Banner vs Murdercop, and Murdercop is in a very bad mood.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh no, Setsuna doesn't know Ohma is alive. That's going to be a problem when Ohma's match comes up.

By the way I'm 99% certain the worm/tiger's vessel is Terashi at this point. Probably not an Agito clone if that's the case. And I'm guessing the final two matches will be Lolong and then Terashi.

Fabricated posted:

Wondering if the gimmick here is that Nicolas basically played possum in Purgatory.

I think he just doesn't care to win if he's not in the mood. Or comedy option, his 9 losses were from killing his opponent.
EDIT: Actually wait he's said that he likes Kengan rules better right? Maybe he just doesn't fight well if it's not a deathmatch. In which case he got the best possible opponent.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 1, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Catpetter1981 posted:

This all raises the question of "Since Akoya is widely known to be a nutso psycho killer, why did Kazzy pick him for a tournament where the rules are 'you lose the match if you kill your opponent'?"

Edit: And also why did Kazzy pick Raian

Weren’t those both political picks?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chapter 105

In which we are probably being told that this imposter isn't a worm just some psycho that did regular identity theft. Also :lol: at this guy spending 6 months learning Karate over the internet, Purgatory should just come out and admit they are a circus

Yeah if he's such a shoddy imposter that someone who hasn't even met him can instantly tell then he's probably not a worm.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mary Annette posted:

Oh yeah, we know exactly where to find the black ops war criminal with extremely sensitive classified info but he's affiliated with an underground Japanese martial arts league like, poo poo, he's p much untouchable, might as well be in another galaxy

Yes, I know that's not inaccurate for this particular organization, but the offhand way the line is delivered just slays me. :D

The way they specifically mention this makes me think the fake LeBanner is working for the French government. Why would they get an agent to kill other agents just to pose as one though?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess the "Can't attack a downed opponent" rule just wasn't in place for the judo match?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

Chapter here but the last page is out if order. Doesn't spoil much but does ruin the flow

https://manga4life.com/read-online/Kengan-Omega-chapter-108.html

Here's a better one https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/q30rlCk/1/1/

Guessing this'll either be a draw(and a 6/6 tie will happen and they'll pull reserve fighters for the final match) or Purgatory loses this one since one of theirs intervened or because Nicolas was DQed first.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 6, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Spoilers are out, the result of the match is a no contest

Next match is Nitoku vs Liu

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
At this point I’m expecting Terashi to be an existing character. Hatsumi maybe?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lt. Lizard posted:

They are making Terashi so incredibly and obviously suspicious that I'm hoping that he is a red herring and the inevitable reveal of who he is will end up being something silly.

We already got the fake Worm with Nicolas so another one would be lame. At this point the Tiger's Vessel has gotta be Fei but Terashi being a clone of an existing character would fit the story really well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The end seems to imply Liu has won against Naiden.

Anyway I like that Liu takes advantage of the 10 count rule to recover as much as possible while on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Somehow I doubt Kengan will be an official english release before Baki does.