Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
y'all... this manga is real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
that guy's pretty messed up.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

ZeroCount posted:

Muteba might be able to fight again with just his wounds if turns out he really is blind all along but surely Judoman is just plain hosed even if he wins, right? You can't walk away from that poo poo.

based on mr ballet caving his skull in earlier, my guess is that judoman has a rare genetic defect and his brain is actually in his stomach or something

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i hope fishing grandpa wins because im a fan of the enigmatic outsider type, but also because we all know saw paing's true calling is to join tyson in the commentary booth

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
muteba's fun in the ring but lets face it meguro versus sekibayashi would be way more fun since they both have infinite endurance

also lets not forget that muteba's a weirdo sex pervert

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i feel like the mysterious second fighter working for the hundred pretty much has to be the judge dredd guy

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im going to go with the ironic prediction and say that the plot sets up like haru is going to be inspired by jun, but sumo guy crushes him and haru decides to take up sumo instead

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

tap my mountain posted:

I don't think Wakatsuki got any backstory at all, only that athlete dude's.

there was a very short flashback of him as a kindergartner beating up a bunch of high school students

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the haters need to understand that sumo man is about to body slam jun into hell and theres nothing anyone can do about it

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

jun has to win, because otherwise how is he going to inspire the former STRONGEST MAN OF THE HIMALAYAS to become a pro wrestler?

Venuz Patrol posted:

im going to go with the ironic prediction and say that the plot sets up like haru is going to be inspired by jun, but sumo guy crushes him and haru decides to take up sumo instead

hope youre ready for this

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
alright that was great

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I'm pretty sure the misprint is a reference to his total earnings being off by a place, which caused kazuo to freak out when he learned wakatsuki has more value than the national budget of japan

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
saw paing seems cool but he needs to lose immediately so he can chill in the commentary booth with tyson

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
bando yohei and fishing grandpa are definitely going to win

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
whole lot going on in this chapter but i think my favorite is Rihito being the most basic person in the world

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im glad they got official permission to let their oc win a fight against ryu, that's living the dream right there

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Plutonis posted:

code:
C  F  J  O
H  U  E  H
R  C  S  !!
I  K  U
S  I  S
T  N
!! G

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

if only ohma paid attention, he would see the flawless water-kata technique in front of his own eyes

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Whoa

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im glad saw paing is keeping his announcer obligations despite still being in the running

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

They really play it fast and loose on the types of injuries people can survive.

i think it's pretty clear that you can survive whatever as long as you're not a serial killer. and professional assassins dont count

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i've got all my money on bando yohei, which isn't much since i lost it all on mr sumo a dozen or so chapters ago

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it's a bummer judge dredd is on the other side of the tournament since he would make a great round 2 for either of these guys

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

im mad that bendy boy died

i believe in bendy boy

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
"in order to give him more of a silent and noble air, i kept Broly from Dragon Ball in mind" lol

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
bando yohei is going all the way

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the misogynist cop guy is going to get instantly beheaded by cosmo

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Honestly, I don't think there'll be much in the way of fighter swapping. Maybe swapping out Bando, because he's going to die, but otherwise you're probably better off sticking with your proven winner than grabbing a loser, and you'd need to offer serious bribes to snag an upgrade.

he's not going to die. he's going to win the tournament

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
he yarfed blood all over the place after the inaba fight so it was pretty clear tbh

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
truly there is nothing more dangerous in this manga than having the advantage at the end of a chapter

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i think there's a reasonable chance muteba is screwed here because he just had to bring up acting

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
on the plus side, the next chapter is titled "Breakup"

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Tuxedo Ted posted:

gently caress, the breakup was between Gaolang and Saw Paing. Truly, the worst possible outcome.

yeah this loving sucks!!! argh!

Lt. Lizard posted:

I mean with the new substitution rule, Gensai winning and Setsuna still appearing as a fighter facing Ohma instead of....Cosmo for example, is very possible, so I'm hopeful.
im sorta wondering if setsuna might even just immediately surrender so he can fight ohma next in prime condition

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
of course, the natural progression of this plot line would be gao lang finding out about the extortion against saw paing and completely annihilating two face for revenge

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I forgot about that plot line. I wonder how she's been doing

there was an update a few chapters ago, maybe in one of the omakes? anyway, she’s still making a killing

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i've always been more tolerant of tournament arcs than other people, but kengan asura's is particularly good because it's not holding back on any of the fights, even when the participants aren't that relevant to the story

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i have become convinced that meguro is still alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

I wonder what the optimal pick position is. It can't be going first, because while you do avoid the Fang guaranteed, you don't get to have any control over your matchups at all.

don't be foolish. If picking first wasn't the best option, kazuo wouldn't have landed it