Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

JUST loving STOP, JESUS H. CHRIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the last of us looks like an interesting game and tbh if it was on pc i'd give it a go. or even the switch? i have that now lol. but yeah i'd play it, and it seems cool. please stop being weird about that game

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Id rather have a master sword and rich/varied combat than lock press button whackathon where you also gotta equip new/worse weapons every few secs

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

TP isn't perfect but i like the visual style of all the dark world stuff a lot. It's a polarizing game though

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah speed running is fine. It's kinda cool to find exploits and sequence breaks to finish a game in novel ways. I'd never do it but i appreciate it for what it is

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

Collecting used women's shoes

All of my lady shoes have been acquired by buying used. This is bad? I thought i was just sidestepping the outrageous prices women pay for clothes.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If i was a big fan of DK country as a kiddo, is the switch DK game that good?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

I played red alert man, it's the allies that get time travel technology.

the soviets get it too

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

I bought Minecraft back when it was in beta. It was cheap, unique, and quite fun in multiplayer if you like building things and loving around. I don't think it's reasonable hat people keep playing it for years and years, but I got more than a fair share of entertainment out of my 5 bux (also my original account still works, even though Microsoft keeps trying to sell me some subscription based Minecraft client or whatever)

I got in with the alpha and i had fun but it was weird after Penny Arcade and others pushed so hard to make it edutainment for kiddos instead of a fringe game built on like 80s/90s kid nostalgoa for Lego and poo poo, i liked and like playing it but i feel weird talking about it because it is so much a kid thing now.

I have a few friends who like it and every couple of years we fire it up and rent out a cheap dedicated server to play on and build dumb poo poo for a few months before dropping it again

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I paid for the rise of the republic dlc a couple days ago for rome 2 total war. Lol its better than the base game but the ai is pretty brutal.

Everyone hates rome 2 and yeah its not as good as the first but unpopuparly i quite like it anyway

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I used to play with angry gamers and i was one myself. We let our mouths be our outlet for frustration and not table flipping or whatever

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

That is to say when we got upset we would blow whoever we were mad at

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

blizzard makes lovely cash in, cash shop games for babies and that's just their loving thing now.

it's like yeah, sc2 wol came out and that was back when you could argue they hadn't quite shown their true colors yet but now...

i mean if you like that stupid idiot garbage that's cool but it's really bad and blizzard is an embarassing mockery of what they used to be

capitalism is gross

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I heard everyone talking up the expansion years later, and it was on sale for like $5 so i installed it and played D3 again last year

It's not really a bad game but uhh good lord people paid like $40 for THAT? the expansion is ridiculously short and lacking. people were talking about it like it was the savior of diablo 3 when it came out

D3 sucked when it came out though and it's still pretty bad as a game you play more than once, which is supposed to be the whole gimmick of it

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Mass effect andromeda may be fine now but they shipped a hilariously broken game and it's EA and I decided to stop buying EA games after i got burned on sim city 2013, and I've never looked back. I might be sad if i liked sports games but i think those are poo poo mostly so im insanely free to ficking hate EA

If they somehow make a game i want to play Im still never gonna pay for it.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

poverty goat posted:

I got burned twice by simcity because I got a refund but it's still there in my origin account

Maxis: hey yeah let's revisit a beloved franchise and maybe modernize the ol' formula

EA: wow nice. Hey you should shove a completely pointless and mandatory always online element and strip out all the simulation stuff, our moron customers dont know how to play it

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Sim city 4 + rush hour is a really good game and the best city sim bar none

The base game has some serious flaws on its simulation that rush hour fixes

There are also some mods that make the sim better if you care about it.

It's actually prettier than sim city 2013 and cities skylines too

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I have two switch pro controllers and they run like a week on one charge

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

PC gamers are the worst. They have an inferiority complex so large it's no wonder they are all morbidly obese 30 year old neckbeard virgins.

Cool people play on consoles. Because they have friends who can sit on the couch next to them. Losers sit at their desk and wear headphones and cry themselves to sleep while cuddling their 144 hz monitor.

Then there are the goofs that hook their computers to their TVs to try to appear to be cool. But no one is sucking their dicks, either.

"Hey, check out my cool video game set up."

"Is that Windows 10?"

"No, it's Win7, I'll never change."

It's good to celebrate yourself and expressing things honestly is a way of doing that, but this poo poo is soooo stupid and i think you think it's smart but that's WrOnG bucko

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

im glad overwatch is inclusive but amazingly that kind of attention to demographics doesn't actually make that stupid poo poo fun or good. hot blizzard garbage down your basic maw

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the witcher series is a clinic in how iterative design can produce better and better games and how to integrate story choices from game to sequel to sequel

i'm sorry if yall dont like it, but even just ignoring gameplay, how CDPRRed handled interactive storytelling was mechanically brilliant.

That game honestly ruined other action rpgs for me, the bar is so high that bioware and bethesda just can't or won't ever clear it.

I bought Witcher 3 about 3 months before Fallout 4 came out. When Fallout 4 came out, i played for a couple of hours, and i started a new witcher 3 game rather than continue, and i didn't pick up fallout 4 again until i had beaten W3 again a month or so later

i didn't hate ME3, I got it as a consolation prize for being tricked into buying sim city 2013, and i didn't touch it for like 2 years, but when i finally played it, it was just a slightly less compelling, shorter ME2 with a super lazy ending. I think the hate for it is very overblown, but it's not really a good game. Just average. It's on the upper threshold of good for bioware, i'm not sure they'll ever make anything as good as Mass Effect 2, which is kinda sad because ME2 is just kind of above average to me, although I think it's about time to play it again. it's been 3 or 4 years.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dragon age 1 was mechanically fun imo but Holy gently caress the darkspawn were such a lazy enemy and "actually all this magic is bad and wizards can't be trusted" is a lazy as gently caress conflict generator and there are so many god drat bad narrative and storytelling choices

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah but not for the sake of being on the cutting edge. Having a design for your game that ages well graphically is super important though

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Zane posted:

i just use the asus monitor i bought 8 yrs ago. i don't know what any of these words mean.

he thinks 4k is worth paying for.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

you can't see much past 70 or so frames bud you're not an uebermensch

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Oh for fucks sake you dunces, hes talking about the way the analog stick was integrated and used, which was unique to the nintendo 64 at the time of its release.

There's no new tech, they used old stuff in new ways and it ended up being revolutionary

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I like how games need to be insultingly easy or else you cant play them and also have a life too.

Check this: i work a ton in a gruelling job and also juggle a social life and i play hard games on purpose! :twisted:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i logged onto no man's sky for the first time since grinding out the bio-ship last year (do not loving do this jfc); gotta say i didn't expect to log into having a sim-city lite with even more obnoxious time-gating.

i think that's the worst part, is a bunch of cool stuff in that game, the stuff that makes the game worth doing once you've kinda seen what the planets can offer, is time-gated in this really stupid obnoxious way that was pioneered as a way to make people pay to skip the time-wait, in free-play games? but it doesn't even have those options. there is no way around the timers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

ff14 is fine. at last look, ARR and heavensward are also free? i know the barrier to entry is cheap and it's better than any other mmo on the market right now.

i'm at the beginning of stormblood and not really playing, and haven't for a few months but nah I've had a dandy loving time in that game. It's fine. It's seriously fine. It's not amazing, but it's good for a MMO.

They cut out a shitload of the ARR tedium as well.

I dunno, I would never let this thread convince me to not play something. Y'all are way too miserable and ruined by a grinding, meaningless life and that's just not a respectable pov on entertainment lol