Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
So I've been hiccuping for the past two hours and can't fix it. I even tried things like "stop drinking" to stop, but it's. NOt is happening! What gives?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Welcome to the new normal.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
dude I just spent the last 15 minutes uncontrollably barfing and I still got hiccups! poo poo is for the birds

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

Get a big heaping spoonful of sugar and put it in your mouth on your tongue and press it against the roof of your mouth until it's dissolved. that's what works for me.

also I do that to when I don't have hiccups because I like sugar.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
3. Have an Orgasm

An orgasm during intercourse may be able to cure a bad case of the hiccups. In a 2000 study, a healthy 40-year-old man suffered from intractable hiccups until he reached the moment of ejaculation during sexual intercourse, and suddenly the hiccups disappeared and did not return for 12 months. The researchers, however, do not know if an orgasm in women may lead to a similar resolution, an issue that could be investigated further.

4. Get a Rectal Message

While this is downright bizarre and impractical, a rectal message, using a finger, is found to cure intractable hiccups. In a 2006 study, seven out of seven patients were cured of hiccups with the stimulation of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves. The 60-year-old man with acute pancreatitits tried a digital rectal massage, and when his hiccups returned a few hours later, he was able to terminate them immediately with another rectal massage. The researchers suggest that this maneuver should be considered in cases of intractable hiccups before proceeding with pharmacological agents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

I'd rather eat a second spoon of sugar than have a doctor stick his greasy finger in my b

• Locked thread