Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
This is the dream thread for all things dream related. Feel free to discuss anything about dreams.

I once had a dream that I was on an assualt spaceship landing craft with Jesus (Lowtax can you draw this please?) and a bunch of other soldiers and we were prepping to assault the Earth and it was very gritty.

Anyways. What are dreams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Dreams are the only place where i can murder my mother and not get in trouble

But if dreams are glimpses into alternate timelines like I theorized, I've probably murdered a lot of my moms. I wonder if there will be any karmic repercussions in this life for all those hundreds upon hundreds of dead moms

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
i dreamt that i shat all over ops thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I dreamt that this thread was gassed

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Heck, you devil! :twisted:

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
op yo momma so fat that when she sits around the house she sits around the house

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Pfft. She's not even close to being that fat. Shows what you know!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there was this one dream I had where I had broken my arm in such a way that I simply knew that if I stressed it any more it would just snap off like a twig. so I went to a medical clinic that was in a Wal-Mart. I had to take a number and wait because there was a line, so I wandered out into the store and ended up buying a giant TV. I had it loaded into my car and went back to the clinic. gazing out the window, I saw someone trying to break into my car! so I went out and beat them to death and hid the body underneath a car. as this was happening I was filled with anxiety. what if they call my number while I'm outside? don't remember any more than that.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I was supposed to take this gabbapentin poo poo a regular doses. Had the craziest nightmares if I'd skip a dose. Woke up in a cold sweat thinking I'd murdered someone and hid the body behind a dumpster, smugly evading the cops whom I was sure they'd come knocking.

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
I dream about being in really tall buildings and then they fall over and it feels real.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
one time I dreamt I had just woken up from a two year coma, and when I actually woke up I couldn't tell whether it was real or not. dreams are hosed up. not funny.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

i have the best dreams but i cant tell you them

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
A few months ago I took a two-week break from weed, and started dreaming again, very vividly at first.

Afterwards I fell back off the wagon but the dreams still continued.

welp, thanks for reading.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I never remember my dreams and am jealous of u all. Dream on your shiny diamonds (did i do that right?)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Almost every dream story is at least half completely made up to make it sound more interesting. Also people who think sleep paralysis is some paranormal/spooky thing even when they know what it is are annoying.

That said, if you want to have a night of pretty intense dreams, try getting too drunk to dream (that you can remember) for like a month straight and then have a sober day. I always have really good ones on my break days.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Almost every dream story is at least half completely made up to make it sound more interesting. Also people who think sleep paralysis is some paranormal/spooky thing even when they know what it is are annoying.

That said, if you want to have a night of pretty intense dreams, try getting too drunk to dream (that you can remember) for like a month straight and then have a sober day. I always have really good ones on my break days.

this ties in to my post about weed. I guess mind-altering substances mess with your ability to dream, and the mind plays catch-up after you stop.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

H.H posted:

this ties in to my post about weed. I guess mind-altering substances mess with your ability to dream, and the mind plays catch-up after you stop.

That's definitely what it feels like. When I have more extended breaks it eventually fades back to a normal level, but those first couple days are great.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I dream about my teeth falling out and once in a while about dead relatives. AMA! (Please don't ask me anything actually)

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
had a dream I was hanging off the side of a minivan full of mexicans firing a mac 10 at an unmarked boxed truck while flying down the interstate

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
What's that weird sensation called where you're falling in a dream but you actually feel like you're falling?

I have dreams where when I punch someone it's in slow motion with expected results but when they punch me it's normal speed. What's that called?

I've had dreams where my teeth are all hollow and I bite down and they all shatter.

I have a recurring dream about tornadoes.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
If you want answers to these questions you must become a dream warrior.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Hardawn posted:

If you want answers to these questions you must become a dream warrior.

Was that a Dokken album?

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I am the lord of eternity
I feel
I perceive
I am in the utchat in it's closing
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I go in and I come to life

Kuato posted:

I dream about my teeth falling out and once in a while about dead relatives. AMA! (Please don't ask me anything actually)

sup?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

King of Bees posted:

Was that a Dokken album?

And a nightmare on elm Street sequel

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I always have this one where it's like me and my friends and we're perching on rocks around a lake. Then I'm like driving through the country through this small familiar town and pull up to this same house and go inside. And the vibe is there's supposed to be sex but then I'm standing there like 200 years in the future and the thing is abandoned and dusty and dark. So I get this weird wanderlust and go around cabin hopping. And all the cabins in the future have a TV that makes food but the movies are terrible. It's like the deer hunter and blues brothers over and over. Anyways I have that one a lot.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i have alot of dreams where i am pregnant with twins bt that is not actually possible??? idk, its strange.

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I had a dream once where I was in a saloon

I was with a couple cowboys

two spirit figures walked into the bar

tried to talk to me, my cowboy friends stood up in anger

said spirit figures (I would describe them as long shadows, vaguely humanoid) got kind of upset

cowboy friends sat back down and I went home with the spirits

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ra tehuti posted:

I had a dream once where I was in a saloon

I was with a couple cowboys

two spirit figures walked into the bar

tried to talk to me, my cowboy friends stood up in anger

said spirit figures (I would describe them as long shadows, vaguely humanoid) got kind of upset

cowboy friends sat back down and I went home with the spirits

That's a hosed up dream. You're a weirdo! :cheeky:

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine

King of Bees posted:

That's a hosed up dream. You're a weirdo! :cheeky:

hell yeah I am

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I hate my dreams because they're kind of boring, but the world is actually a better place and I'm younger and happier. Makes waking up a bitch.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I once dreamed I was banging this chick with huge knockers.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

VendaGoat posted:

I once dreamed I was banging this chick with huge knockers.
weird i had the same dream :tinfoil:

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i have reoccurring dreams about weird bathrooms

like, in the dream i have to go to the bathroom so i go into the bathroom and it's really weird in some way and i end up not going.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I dream about posting on gbs

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
It's rare when I remember dreams but here are the highlights from one that I can vividly remember parts of:

• Having some kind of biology or physiology test that I was completely unprepared for yet the teacher acted really weird like pulling me aside and ensuring they'd find ways to help me out
  • There was a young child swimming underwater in this bizarre "enclosed" swimming pool, more like a tiled submerged pit that was tiled and the top was covered too. The kid became stuck on a drain at the bottom and I was terrified trying to get them out, the entrance was so small I had to try and find a sledgehammer to try and break it open
  • Trying to run for my life from three separate gangs simultaneously - sorta looked like they were from either "Fallout" or "Walking Dead" (one group had those "big knife at the end of a stick, but not a spear" weapons that scared the hell out of me) who claimed that I was like an escaped slave or something and then being cornered and almost being tortured before jumping out a window and fleeing for my life through this strange lakeside rural area

There were for the most point connected in very flimsy ways. It's hard to describe.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

H.H posted:

With alcohol, your brain and nervous system have to work overtime to be able to function and feel anything if you're constantly drunk. When you start to sober up, they don't slow down right away. That's what makes hangovers and withdrawal so miserable and also causes insomnia and really fun hosed up dreams when you finally can sleep.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Three-Phase posted:

It's rare when I remember dreams but here are the highlights from one that I can vividly remember parts of:

• Having some kind of biology or physiology test that I was completely unprepared for yet the teacher acted really weird like pulling me aside and ensuring they'd find ways to help me out
  • There was a young child swimming underwater in this bizarre "enclosed" swimming pool, more like a tiled submerged pit that was tiled and the top was covered too. The kid became stuck on a drain at the bottom and I was terrified trying to get them out, the entrance was so small I had to try and find a sledgehammer to try and break it open
  • Trying to run for my life from three separate gangs simultaneously - sorta looked like they were from either "Fallout" or "Walking Dead" (one group had those "big knife at the end of a stick, but not a spear" weapons that scared the hell out of me) who claimed that I was like an escaped slave or something and then being cornered and almost being tortured before jumping out a window and fleeing for my life through this strange lakeside rural area

There were for the most point connected in very flimsy ways. It's hard to describe.

Tunnel Snakes rule!

Anyone get the night sweats?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

numberoneposter posted:

weird i had the same dream :tinfoil:

What was it like having huge knockers?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
i just realized the one asian gang* had these things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guandao

And it scared the hell out of me when they were pointed right at my face.

* - I'm not racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I had a dream last night that a hamburger was eating me!

• Locked thread