Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Great LP!

I would love to join as a mercenary, on any side of the conflict if there is no room otherwise. I will work for the highest bidder anyways, if I become a nemesis for you goons so be it. Flying planes or sitting in a SAM site staring at screens, doing some intelligence/sabotage or electronic warfare work, I don't care what I am ordered to do as long as I get payed!

If you have any roles open anywhere, sign me up, please. Go team (whoever pays me)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
I like the looks of Jaguars, they are one of my favorite planes in fact, but maybe not what we need right now. I guess I must vote:

K&P

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Not that they would show up in this LP, but those of you who have this game, does it have nuclear weapons in it? The price tag of this title is grognardy as hell and I am waiting for a sale to drop. For that kind of money I expect a full simulation of nuclear harmageddon.

As for our next mission, I say we bomb everything and sink all things that float, especially anything with anime waifus painted on them. Suffer not the manga to live. :colbert: (Unless they defect, in that case we paint over the horrible things.)

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Praise the lord and pass on the launch codes! I might just buy this some day. Once I have money. Some day. Snif.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Final mission in Angola: The dictator riding a nuke Slim Pickens-style and we need to shoot the bomb before it lands.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
I might be a corruptible mercenary bastard but even I say we reject the offer and run all of Angola for our own profit once we boot the Dictator out. Or if not the whole country, at least we keep as many lithium mines as we can as an investment for the future. It's good to diversify the company portfolio to include profits from mineral wealth. Buys us more goodies in the long run than some diamonds would.

PS: Shoot down all helicopters, loot the wreckage afterwards. Just in case.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
We can craft a card with some words to the effect of NO.

Sooner or later the Dictator will try to fly a plane or whirlybird out of the country with the diamonds and all the cash he hasn't squirreled away in foreign bank accounts. Therefore, summa summarum, in final words:

Omnes helicoptera delenda esse. :hist101:

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
I vote Coastal CAS. Later, on the final mission we can hit high value targets once we have more intel.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
I say we make friends with Apple. We offer them our Lithium and services in return for co-operation, cash and resources. I may not like the company much, but business is business. Unless this goes against the interests of our current employer, we should become the mercenary/corporate security arm of Apple. Red carpet treatment. Edit: And Tesla too.

SlightlyMad fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 12, 2017

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
If this blows up into World War - Corporations Edition, who will be our next paymaster? We could be Apple iMercs.

Think of the possibilities, we are mercenaries. Basically the prostitutes of the military world. Business has never been better. Bring it on!

War! What is it good for? Cold hard cash, that's what. :colbert:

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
If the votes still count, I say Gatecrasher sounds good.

I seem to have a relative flying in the Tornados...Hello, veryslightlymad. Drop a bomb on my behalf.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
I would rather side with Tesla than Apple. One has autonomous robots, a Mars- (or ICBM) launch capability with reusable rockets and F-22s. The other one mainly makes phones. And Steve Jobs is not likely to be resurrected in this timeline to challenge Elon Musk, either. All hail Tesla!

RIP to the fallen. You flew too close to the sun. And by sun I mean SA-11 battery.

Somebody give me a cropduster and strap some rockets in the wings, maybe a .45 to shoot out the window. The Dictator will never know what hit him.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
For our next campaign we will need a submarine for these kind of shenanigans. Just saying. U-boats are just the right kind of sneaky for us. How much does a second hand sub cost these days?

For this mission, the "Free State" Kfirs need to carry enough ordnance to sink the ship and maybe any passing vessels that might be witnesses. Claim a collision happened, plant rumors of Free State involvement, use waifu paint jobs and maybe we can muddy the waters enough to dodge blame. Who knows what really happened? Pirates? Stormy seas? Drunk captain ramming a fishing boat? Lithium fire in the cargo bay? A mystery.

I volunteer my services for any immoral activities.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Night operation sounds nice, can we get FLIR cameras on the target to identify it as the Kaiser Soze before the big boom? Or can we read ship transponder signals for id purposes?

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
I like the cut of your jib, Beer4TheBeerGod.

The israeli aircraft remind me of the USS Liberty incident. We didn't get the targeting info from a mobster named Verbal by any chance? :tinfoil:

Kayser Soze will become an artificial reef (or several) that will offer a new home for many species of fish. We are nature-lovers really. Conservationists even. Think of the happy little fishies and crabs. :3: Any witnesses will feed the fish, for a truly thriving ecosystem.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
1. Crazy Yahweh
2. Operation Liberty
3. Sovereign Citizen

Points to add:
- I'm in favor of a night operation so Litening Pod would be good like Power crystals had in his plan.
- I would draw the line on collateral damage to letting civilian airliners and cruise ships pass. Anything else is a witness and you know what happens to those. Sink if not avoidable.
- Pirate hats to all. Yarr. :yarr:
- Kfirs to be painted in waifu paintjobs, we can use them for false flag propaganda, deniability and to sow confusion to Free State Reddit.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Blood and Money

:yarr:

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
If the winning plan lacks firepower for taking care of witnesses, maybe modify the plan accordingly? More bombs and planes! Remember, kids: There is no such thing as overkill. :devil: :eng101:

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

yurtcradled posted:

Goon LPs always have this vocal pro-warcrimes contingent that never seems to get their way. I dread the day all that repressed warcriminality finally finds an outlet.

Out of character chat: Not to start a silly derail, just a comment. Why vote for blood-thirsty options? Why role play as a cold-hearted killer? Because mercenaries kill, war is hell and there is no hand-sanitizer that can wash away that reality no matter how hard you try to scrub. Make no mistake, when bombs are dropped they will maim, destroy and kill. We are leaving a trail of orphans wherever we go, so let's not kid ourselves about the moral character of our outfit.

War is brutal, and as a PMC we are profiting from it. So, let's go make some money and fill some coffins, shall we? We work for the Grim Reaper, not Doctors Without Borders. Although we do bring them business on the side, I guess. Yooper, great LP.

In character: I will volunteer to do any dirty work our dear Hayard-Günnes PMC ever needs. No need to cause PTSD on more sensitive individuals. I'm already nuts.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
And the crimes keep happening despite all the PR and re-branding. War is hell. Spreading misinformation and muddying the waters is a form of PR too.

I like the name Hayard-Günnes though, so let's keep it unless a better one comes up.

Enough morality chat, let's plan our next mission.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Nice plan, Davin Valkri.

Oh, hey. ARMA 3 has new Jets DLC and it features our crowd favorite, Gripen (in a totally-not-Gripen-trademarked version). It might be tough to integrate ARMA 3 to this LP, but anyone who wants to dick around in our jets can bring back a trip report to see if the DLC is any good.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Dear Satan, for next christmas I would like:

AJS-37 Viggen as a proto-Gripen from the bygone days, for second line attack missions.
F-18C/D Hornet with all the bells and whistles, like Growler variants.
SEPECAT Jaguar for bombing stuff.

Thanks, and I left a bottle for you in the sock by the fireplace.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Tythas posted:

that would be the F-18G Super Hornet for the growler

Right you are. Scrap the Growler then, C/D versions would do.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

1. Ivanov Support
2. BFLM Support
3. Ivanov Attack

If we arm ourselves for low-intensity conflicts then that is what we will fight in next time. Small bush wars and (anti-?) piracy. Voting for bote.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Bering Straits

We could side with the natives if they can pay with something (do they own botes? Have they perhaps commandeered a submarine they could use for barter?).

If the balkan option wins, we have contacts in Bulgaria already so Arsenal AD seems like they could be our paymaster. I am fine with this also.

Spinoff the Sk60s and such to a flying display circus that can provide ticket sales income on the side, remove from OOB.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Natives

Target rich environment. Everything must be bombed, unless it can be stolen. :yarr:

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

thatbastardken posted:

slightlymad, we need nose art. I suggest a bloody-mouthed koala in a straitjacket

How's that, dropbear? A quick job but I am no artist.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Well, that was a knife fight in a phone booth alright. RIP (Ripped Into Pieces). We need more knives. Some new procurement would be nice about now, yes. Don't beat yourself up, Jimmy. War is hell and losses happen. We may find ourselves flying COIN operations in Super Tucanos if the pyrrhic victories continue though. (The risks and casualties add to the excitement of the LP, even if as a company our bottom line may hurt.)

What exactly are the Vampires we saw and where did they come from? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Yooper, you're awesome, your LP is awesome. And now you're defeating cancer and helping others with the results from the experimental treatment. Taking part in finding a new cure for cancer is a pretty cool bonus to recovery, don't you think?

My mom and dad had cancers too, she survived hers while he did not, sadly (they found it too late). I am so glad you are doing better now than before. I wish you a complete recovery, man. Stay stronk. :glomp: