Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Hihohe posted:

New cursed rear end speech trait just dropped

Make it toss in a ":3" and "xD" every now and then and watch it burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

thecluckmeme posted:

and make sure it turns "X screams" into "X scweams"

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

thecluckmeme posted:

quote:

Urist McPubby 𝙧𝘼𝙬𝙍s xD, that's just embarrasing...

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 10, 2022

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

thecluckmeme posted:

there are three accents like this in the game, all of which are admin only:

"accent_owo", the original. L/R -> W, sometimes adds text to the beginning or end of your message exactly like you describe yet much worse. rawr x3

"accent_uwu", the one i added to be slightly less humiliating. L/R -> W, Nx (vowel) -> NYx. "Oh nyo." Doesn't add stuff to the start or end though.

"accent_literalowo", the joke one you get if i'm online and you pray for owo talk. It makes everything you say literally just "owowowowowow". "Oh god damnit" turns into "Ow owo wowowo".

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
make them genetics mutations

also make more genetics mutations

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Zamujasa posted:

there are three accents like this in the game, all of which are admin only:

"accent_owo", the original. L/R -> W, sometimes adds text to the beginning or end of your message exactly like you describe yet much worse. rawr x3

You beautiful, beautiful bastards :hai:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

make them genetics mutations

also make more genetics mutations

This plus also diseases.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Give the bartender a bottle of OWODKA

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my favorite antag thing to do is set off 500 unit water bottles filled with smoke powder and organic superlube

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
sometimes when i'm hanging around i will apply invisilube to a single tile in front of me or in a hallway and just watch people go for a ride

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had a dream about this stupid game last night where I spawned as a wizard and my objectives included "drain the brain of 3 people who know foreign languages", necessitating that I sneak around listening carefully for accents, and "cause tree calamities" which I accomplished by hijacking a fire truck and filling it with flammable gas then spraying fire on all the trees

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had a dream about this stupid game last night where I spawned as a wizard and my objectives included "drain the brain of 3 people who know foreign languages", necessitating that I sneak around listening carefully for accents, and "cause tree calamities" which I accomplished by hijacking a fire truck and filling it with flammable gas then spraying fire on all the trees

petitioning to have both of these added as wizard objectives

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
a wizard gimmick spell that afflicts a target with a permanent accent

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Zamujasa posted:

wraith haunt now spooks everybody into a temporary accent until the wraith goes incorporeal again

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

look, the wizard may SAY he's friendly, but he's made the whole station speak with the uwu accent, so obviously he had to die

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Jazerus posted:

petitioning to have both of these added as wizard objectives

Only if "tree calamities" can also include causing calamaties using trees, not just to trees. Destroying sec by causing a copse of Douglas firs to burst up through the floor.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Jazerus posted:

look, the wizard may SAY he's friendly, but he's made the whole station speak with the uwu accent, so obviously he had to die

Somehow the Wizard made the clown shoes into clown showoes

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

uwu speak is something you pick on character creation.

If you pick it, anyone can kill you with no repercussions.

basically its hard mode

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Hihohe posted:

uwu speak is something you pick on character creation.

If you pick it, anyone can kill you with no repercussions.

basically its hard mode

"SECURITY HELP IM BEING ROBUSTED BY A VTUBER"

E: you know what, gently caress it. Ive put off playing again because I'm such trash but reading some recent stories, I'm going to install again this weekend

bawk fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 11, 2022

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

EclecticTastes posted:

Only if "tree calamities" can also include causing calamaties using trees, not just to trees. Destroying sec by causing a copse of Douglas firs to burst up through the floor.

This gives me the idea of having different wizard classes one could spec into. Grab the appropriate robes, hat, and spell tome and you can be, for example, a "standard" wizard like we have now, a druid, a necromancer, an elementalist, old school witch/swamp hag, old school wizard/hermit, D&D style magical classes, etc etc etc. Each one could have access to spells of their various flavors and really change up wizard rounds.

In the case of the quote there, a druid could possibly have a spell that turns trees and plants into low-level familiars that are essentially NPCs with rudimentary abilities and functions. Tell your ent friends to block doorways, or fall on attackers to instantly KO them at the cost of the trees life. Use your new bush minions to more easily hide from, or trip up, pursuers. Light them on fire to both slow down and also burn anything that tries to go through them! And god help the station if there's kudzu on board. A competent druid with kudzu can mind control the plant, willing it to grow in certain areas, turn the vines into grabbing and ensnaring messes, and even grow a giant bulb in a selected area to feed people to for more power!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

does anyone have the Linux guide. does it involve virtual box. i want to play but i don't have any space to set up windows :(

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

neogeo0823 posted:

This gives me the idea of having different wizard classes one could spec into. Grab the appropriate robes, hat, and spell tome and you can be, for example, a "standard" wizard like we have now, a druid, a necromancer, an elementalist, old school witch/swamp hag, old school wizard/hermit, D&D style magical classes, etc etc etc. Each one could have access to spells of their various flavors and really change up wizard rounds.

In the case of the quote there, a druid could possibly have a spell that turns trees and plants into low-level familiars that are essentially NPCs with rudimentary abilities and functions. Tell your ent friends to block doorways, or fall on attackers to instantly KO them at the cost of the trees life. Use your new bush minions to more easily hide from, or trip up, pursuers. Light them on fire to both slow down and also burn anything that tries to go through them! And god help the station if there's kudzu on board. A competent druid with kudzu can mind control the plant, willing it to grow in certain areas, turn the vines into grabbing and ensnaring messes, and even grow a giant bulb in a selected area to feed people to for more power!

hypothetically, druids should simply have a mindslave/thrall spell that only works on botanists, ranchers, and beekeepers which converts them into dryads, and an "animate plant" spell which converts plants into golem-like ents/plant zombies/etc. that apply the plant's chemicals on strike

yes i'm aware that i just proposed deathweed golems, what of it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jazerus posted:

deathweed golems

:sickos:

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Saw this and had to immediately think of SS13.
https://twitter.com/Xaniken/status/1430000115784294404

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

alexandriao posted:

does anyone have the Linux guide. does it involve virtual box. i want to play but i don't have any space to set up windows :(

it uses like IE8 so probably

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

alexandriao posted:

playing with linux is mostly impossible/difficult because of all of the poo poo that uses react as a ui now. wine doesn't support >= ie8 and byond still relies on ie, so... otherwise the solution is using wine, but i don't have the mess of steps or winetricks you need to install

Jazerus posted:

hypothetically, druids should simply have a mindslave/thrall spell that only works on botanists, ranchers, and beekeepers which converts them into dryads, and an "animate plant" spell which converts plants into golem-like ents/plant zombies/etc. that apply the plant's chemicals on strike

yes i'm aware that i just proposed deathweed golems, what of it

there's technically kudzu people, but that's not really the same thing at all. but they are plant people.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

genuinely shocked that byond can render a react page without instantly combusting

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
that's because it farms the browser parts out to internet explorer, which catches on fire instead

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Been playing again recently and

1) nobody pays attention to mentor mice we're here to help you please pick us up if we are poking you
2) we need more mentors
3) borgs need some love, for the love of all that is good change the default order of the mediborg loadout so the menders and cyberhypo are next to the health scanner it's the only way to play

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

tokin opposition posted:

Been playing again recently and

1) nobody pays attention to mentor mice we're here to help you please pick us up if we are poking you
2) we need more mentors
3) borgs need some love, for the love of all that is good change the default order of the mediborg loadout so the menders and cyberhypo are next to the health scanner it's the only way to play

one thing borgs used to have was that your modules would actually rearrange their items based on when you put them away, so your 'most recently used' of sorts would end up at the bottom and you could rearrange it at will to some degree

this isn't a thing any more

borg ui code in general is pretty bad, but rearranging the items is fairly easily doable. i'd personally like to see the inventory laid out differently, like this high quality diagram shows

the hud code is a disaster and basically not shared across the 50 different types of huds

fun fact: you can click the borg health icon to change the display mode. it takes a second to update though. (HP%, actual values, none)

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
So what's the spear meta like? They can cause bleeding which is all good but can I use the more exotic stuff like radioactive ores to good effect? From what I've seen if I'm an antag and have the industrial armor and some bananas, I can cause some pretty hilarious radiation traps with some slipping hazards and ore enough to pretty much crit someone in a few seconds.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Amuys posted:

So what's the spear meta like? They can cause bleeding which is all good but can I use the more exotic stuff like radioactive ores to good effect? From what I've seen if I'm an antag and have the industrial armor and some bananas, I can cause some pretty hilarious radiation traps with some slipping hazards and ore enough to pretty much crit someone in a few seconds.

Melee weps is a pure rogue strat, bro, the meta is all-in on chems, explosives, mechanics, and DWAINE/packet manip if you're going for the real high-level tournament play. If you're even on the same screen as your victim when they die, you may as well stick to playground formats.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Are you even robust, bro?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i haven't been on in a year but ss13 is leaking into real life again!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiQt1V4QGos

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
butte

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

SS14 is looking pretty good tbh

https://spacestation14.io/post/22-04-30-progress-report-33/

Adbot