Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Where is it acceptable to chewing gum in public, can I chew gum on the toilet or
You can chew gum anywhere, my good friend
No
Yes, you cannot chew gum on the toilet. This should be obvious to any normal person
It is not sanitary please stop doing it
Job interviews are okay, the people who judged you were strange and you were not
Do not chew gum or vape during funerals even if it is outside
You can do these things anywhere. It is a free world
Actualy I take issue here, it is not, in fact, a free world, or a free country, No matter where you live. Unless you Live in Sweeden
Swedeen is a free country.
I hope one day to go to continental Europe. I hope they will accept me there.
As I suffer from hyperhidrosis I am hoping that in a cold place I might not suffer from this ailment so much.
It is very isolating and its upsetting to me. It makes me stand out and It's embarrasing.
Do not chew gum in pottery shops
I am wondering if there is somewhere thats cold and snowy all the time. Is there a mountain village I can go to somewhere in the world
What qualifications do I need to travel and live in a nother country long term? Can I get by on my good looks?
Ha ha ha that is a joke. I am singularly unattractive
I'd like to be friends though. Message me if you want to be friends
I'd like to have friends
I'm trying to fit in and be a normal person
I think I'm doing it
I'm going to do it
I'm going to be successful and happy
People will like m
I will have friends
If you are reading this we are friends
View Results

• Locked thread
lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Hello, how are you? I hope you are well. I am fine. I was thinking today about chewing gum and when if it is okay to chew it, some times you might be making a foe par I think, and people might not think its a good thing to do. I had some questions about what the people here on the some thing awful forums (s'aw'rums) had to say or might think about this. As you might guess from what I Said before, I have been chewing nicotine chewing gum in order the stave off the craving that one might get from when you stop smoking cigarettes and dont smoke cigarettes any more. I also use a vapouriser and liquid for it but it's not always socially acceptable to do this. I will try to explain myself in what might be a clear and conside manner. I was at a job interview and I knew from experience that you cannot vape under these circumstances if you still want to have a reasonable expectation of successfully getting that job. So I thought it would be okay to chew nicotine chewing gum as this is a very uncomfortable and stressful experience for myself. I will preface this by saying that my therapist has assured me that most people are not looking at me because they have better things on their mind han to look at me, and judge me, and make faces at me, and talk about me behind my back, but in this case )job interview) i can assure you with 100% accuracy that I was being looked at, because I saw it myself, I was looking at the ceiling trying to think of an answer to a question that I was asked. I can't remmber the question now, but I was nervous and couldn't think of a response so I just kept staring at the ceiling and tried to calm myself down. I was chewing nicotine gum at this time. I quickly, without moving my head, stole several glances to the interviewers, and while my vision was blurry while looking down I could absolutely tell that they were looking at me and giving each other funny looks as if to say, is this guy serious, well I was serious. I haven't heard back yet but I think it went well otherwise. Here are some other places where people might tell you not to chew gum, a big one is a museum. I was approached several times and asked to stop chewing gum and to dispose of the gum which was absolutely unfair as I am a recovering smoker. I told them to stop discriminating against me and that it was my right to do so. I also wanted to know other places where it might not be socially acceptable to chew gum. I chew gum on the toilet, is that strange? Is it normal to chew gum while having dinner? I don't get out much so I wantefd to know if anyone on the s'aw'rums could give me some advide in this area. I'm going to make a poll so if you want you can answer the poll I would really appreciate it if you did this. I also wanted to say that if you reply I might not reply back straight away as I'm living in a share house with a shared toilet and i've just blocked the toilet so I have to keep going back and seeing if it flushes every few minutes. THanks for reading I hope we can have a meaningful discourse on this subject. Thanks again, Talk to you soon :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Sorry I mispelled Sweden

lonesomedwarf fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 21, 2017

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Quote is not edit

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I think its ok.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Thanks Scroto Turboburg, I appreciate your response. I like Doug too I used to watch Doug on the television and some times Ah real monsters. I'd like to talk about Doug some times if you want, email me to chat about doug and other cartoon if you want L)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Get some nicotine lozenges or as the kids call them, nic tacs. Then only god can juge you!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Thanks for the reply hate bag, around here we call them niccers

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Nicotine gum tastes funny, and makes you feel weird. Please proceed with caution.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Why is Goku not in the poll?

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I second lozenges, nicotine gum is like dad rock

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Lonesome dwarf I missed you a lot I'm glad to see you posting

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Try taking that chantrix (or whatever its called) pill. I hear they can give you terrible nightmares and suicidal urges! Just the ticket for a person trying to quit smoking and more importantly its acceptable to use anywhere!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I once chewed so much nicotine gum that I super developed my jaw muscles and looked all hunky and became a famous male model and got rich but lost it all on a fateful match of Jai Alai. I say go for it but be careful!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
A few friends and I were once tripping on shrooms. My friend, Benn, saw my father's nicotine lozenges, and asked me if he could try one. I said, "Sure." He proceeded to suck on it for a few minutes before eating it. This was a Bad Move by Benn. He eventually vomited up the lozenge, the shrooms, and the peanut butter sandwich. (I didn't mention the sandwich, I'm sorry. It was for the shrooms.) I don't think he had a good trip, but I hope lonesomedwarf does if and when he goes to Sweden. Even if he never goes to Sweden, I hope he has a good trip, because he is my friend. (Exhibit A: The above poll in which I chose the correct response.) In conclusion, addiction is a disability, and you may want to consult a local barrister concerning your prospective employers' troubling discrimination against you.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fredrik1 posted:

Why is Goku not in the poll?

no Goku no vote!

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
I quit smoking via the gum 5 years ago. Now I've addicted to the gum and it's almost as expensive, but I don't smell like Gary Busey anymore.

Good luck gum goon.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Free poo poo from Philop Moris inclus ... ZZZZZZZ

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I like you and your threads OP, I'd take you to prom if you were a GIRL like on the hit netflix original girl boss

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
We're all friends here op

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I like sweden. Op why dont you just try swedish snus?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Psycho Society posted:

I like you and your threads OP, I'd take you to prom if you were a GIRL like on the hit netflix original girl boss

I've heard of this show somewhere. Can't​ pinpoint it though.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I rely on a combination of nicotine gum, snus, and Zyn to maintain a functional status.

Jesus Christ, that sounds like a passphrase or something.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
how the gently caress did you make so many choices here? I thought you could only have 4?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sefHatyheE

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

jynn posted:

I second lozenges, nicotine gum is like dad rock

I am listening to dad rock and doing SNUS right now.

Do SNUS OP. Do SNUS and buy a box set of Wilco records on vinyl.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I rely on a combination of nicotine gum, snus, and Zyn to maintain a functional status.

Jesus Christ, that sounds like a passphrase or something.

I only know one person who does zyne and he is very addicted to it.

If you're doing zyne you're in a bynde!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What museum can you not chew gum in? The loving hitler memorial? :hitler:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I chew the gum and the nic nacs

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Nothing is true, all things are permitted.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I hosed up my teeth and jaw with nicotine gum. I would just chew that poo poo constantly in class

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

HAmbONE posted:

I hosed up my teeth and jaw with nicotine gum. I would just chew that poo poo constantly in class

I will punch NeoNazi in the face.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

ANTI-GU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

shut up idiot

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

hmm... i'm gay

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dial-a-Dog posted:

hmm... i'm gay

... cool

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Chantrix made me punch things

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Snus, snus is good

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I bought some General snus in Houston today

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
checkbox poll voted all

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
But soon I will be back in glorious Scandinavia for my Skruf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
It's bite bite stop, idiot. Don't you remember the commercials?

Bite bite bite bite makes your heart explode or some poo poo.

• Locked thread