Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

the cruel nethack grandma ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
gamefaqs
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927897

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gaming snacks:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963567

congratulations!:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963972

ragg memorial:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902117

synthy gets his rear end beat:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882515

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sorry it took me so long to move the earthbound thread, the vaccine knocked me on my rear end harder than I thought. I hear the second one is harder, I guess I should plan to take some time off work, lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

sorry it took me so long to move the earthbound thread, the vaccine knocked me on my rear end harder than I thought. I hear the second one is harder, I guess I should plan to take some time off work, lol

Yeah I felt pretty crappy after the first dose. I知 getting my second one on Friday and I might take Monday off lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah first dose didnt do much to me but the second dose kicked my rear end for two days and also ive been thinking of trying out an x3 game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

As a gamer who was fully vaxxed at the start of the year I have some extremely anecdotal advice to give to any pfizer gamers out there. I drank a shitload of water on the day of the first dose and the few days after. I felt literally nothing aside from injection point soreness which is normal. Did the same thing for the 2nd dose - had some body aches for 24 hours or so but that's it. I also didn't drink alcohol at all from a week before the first dose to 2 weeks after the 2nd. That might be overkill but I wanted to minmax that rear end.

Obviously this will not work for everyone but basically: drink a shitload of water, even if you think you've had enough, drink more water, and no beer.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

As a gamer who was fully vaxxed at the start of the year I have some extremely anecdotal advice to give to any pfizer gamers out there. I drank a shitload of water on the day of the first dose and the few days after. I felt literally nothing aside from injection point soreness which is normal. Did the same thing for the 2nd dose - had some body aches for 24 hours or so but that's it. I also didn't drink alcohol at all from a week before the first dose to 2 weeks after the 2nd. That might be overkill but I wanted to minmax that rear end.

Obviously this will not work for everyone but basically: drink a shitload of water, even if you think you've had enough, drink more water, and no beer.

yeah, chugging water definitely helped me (even though I did run the fever and have some aching joints), and I also recommend eating a little more than usual if your stomach was okay. only had the first dose, but I was fine in less than 24 hours.

I think lack of sleep may be half of why I ran the fever, but there's kinda nothing you can do about that with two kids. I've been getting like 3 hours of sleep and the night I got the vaccine, I slept for 11 hours, lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Moderna gamer checking in, no physical side effects but I did watch a Diddy Kong Racing 100% speedrun at 6AM today so ymmv

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ive heard you shouldn't drink at all for minimum 3 days, yeah. i also drank a ton of water on the first shot and didn't feel much, just tired and weak. almost got a fever but it faded quickly

the weakness is weird cause I kept thinking it was all in my head but the moment I went up a staircase or lifted anything I was worn out lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Drinking a ton of water is absolutely key; I知 basically required by my job to drink so I couldn稚 take a big break for the vaccine but it helps your body so much

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Drinking a ton of water is absolutely key; I知 basically required by my job to drink so I couldn稚 take a big break for the vaccine but it helps your body so much

Noting in the Imp Zone Lorebook that Scrub-Niggurath is a professional water taste tester.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

thanks for mentioning you goldmined it since i had a busy weekend and didnt even see it lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

part of your job is drinking alcohol?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

b_d posted:

there's multiple jobs i can think of where that would be required

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

thanks for mentioning you goldmined it since i had a busy weekend and didnt even see it lol

:same:

link for archival purposes
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3965817

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just realized the OP of this thread was permabanned? :wtc:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

They banned the fwiggin black baby Goku

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lol didnt realize before they sent the sa mart admin after him

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i forgot that they layed down some weak rear end "ive been waiting for this my whole life and youve earned it" comment when it was a self ban lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

cop busting out some cool one liners before shooting the mentally ill man screaming for death

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

cop busting out some cool one liners before shooting the mentally ill man screaming for death

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You shall finally feel the wrath of Nyc_Tattoo.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

i forgot that they layed down some weak rear end "ive been waiting for this my whole life and youve earned it" comment when it was a self ban lol

lmao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You shall finally feel the wrath of Nyc_Tattoo.

John Wick in the shower but his back tattoo says 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓𝖘 & 𝕯𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖘

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

John Wick tearing apart his basement floor to reach his stash of c**** **********y, and guns.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah... I知 thinking I知 gonna need to be registered for 7 months to sell

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

b_d posted:

short version yes long version hell yes

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah... I知 thinking I知 gonna need to be registered for 7 months to sell

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i forget that this thread's about : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966334

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
can someone update the OP to add all the new goldmine threads that aren't listed, thanks

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

so many good posts in the haze thread, i almost missed them all while i was catching up from sleeping 13 straight hours from vaccine fever

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966334&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

e: beaten by Fungah

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 17, 2021

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

can someone update the OP to add all the new goldmine threads that aren't listed, thanks

i think i can edit BBG's post, but it's gonna be awhile before i can find the time to put together a list, if someone else wants to do my homework for me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Maybe he shouldn't have gotten permabanned like a chud.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

Maybe he shouldn't have gotten permabanned like a chud.

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

🤔