Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Sushi Face posted:

Loved Tekken 2 and 3 as a kid and picked this up to relive those games. Turns out Tekken 7 is loving awesome?

Not sure who to play yet but have a few characters I like. Kind of swinging towards Lili at the moment as although I'm not a huge fan of her she does have my last name so I feel a sense of strange loyalty.

Rochefort army.

I also loved and played a poo poo ton of Tekken 3 as a kid. For Honor got me back into thinking and wanting to play fighting games. Is Tekken 7 (PC) worth picking up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 3, 2015

ok jumped in and purchased. Anyone have a good link on mechanics of fighting games, meaning of frames and such?

Nov 3, 2015

:stonk:

what have I gotten myself into

Nov 3, 2015

I tried the claw thing on a xbox game pad but I just could not get over how uncomfortable it was.

But before I spend hours learning it this way, anything wrong with just using a keyboard? Seems like it would not be much different then a Hit Box controller.

Nov 3, 2015

Arzachel posted:

If you can hit 4 buttons without ghosting, keyboard is perfectly fine.

Mechanical keyboard so I should be fine. Anyway of reliably testing this? nvm found a site, ghosting not a problem.

Check for ghosting.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/20966625/

1500 fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 8, 2017

Nov 3, 2015

Your Computer posted:

I've wanted to try playing on keyboard but the default key layout feels really cramped and awful. Anyone here using keyboard and if so, (how) did you remap the buttons?

I did

u-w (I might switch this to space, but FSP as ingrained that w is up)
f-d
b-a
d-s

1(x)-j
2(y)-k
3(a)-l
4(b)-;

Places your hands in almost the basic typing posistion. You could just move the left hand over one key and it really would be basic typing position (I play a lot of FPS so wasd seems normal for me). I thought about doing the right hand on the numpad but changed my mind.

If you are asking for how in game, there is a keymaping option in the options menu. Make sure you change the menu and RB/LB keys to something you will remember.

1500 fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 8, 2017

Nov 3, 2015

Loving the game, even though i am poo poo at it. But I am having a hard time figuring out who to main. I am rather new to fighting games (been 20+ years since the last time I really played one and it was not a dedicated thing at the time), with the closest thing I have played being For Honor. Currently I am just playing Treasure Battle with each of the fighters (have not gone through all of them yet) to see who clicks. So far I found some I really don't like, but none that just jump out and say "play me".

I loved Valk in For Honor ( I played her after her nerf and before her buff), anyone make any suggestions on who I should look closer at based on playing Valk?

Nov 3, 2015

ok thanks, got the answers I was expecting. Will keep trying them until something clicks or I just find cooler than the others.

Nov 3, 2015

dangerdoom volvo posted:

If you press triangle in the movelist you can cycle through displaying all the characters inputs. so you can check them out and see if they have cool looking poo poo

cool thanks

Nov 3, 2015

Tru3ta1ent has started streaming Tekken, English speaking and he spends all his time talking about what he is doing and why he is doing that move. I have found him worth watching.

https://www.twitch.tv/tru3ta1ent

Nov 3, 2015

Well looks like I am going to main Bob, I tried really hard to avoid it but his fighting style just clicks in a way that no one else does.

I did try and make him as horrible looking as I could.

Nov 3, 2015

Someone created a guide on steam with a link to download all the tekken songs.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939393547

You can then just make a playlist and have the PS4 jukebox on PC.

Anyone have a good guide or how to play video for Bob?

1500 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 16, 2017

Nov 3, 2015

Ok ever since the patch it will randomly stop registering my keyboard. I can tab out but that is it. It always did this if I tabbed out for too long, but now its happening all the time.

Nov 3, 2015

great now I can't even play. Just getting

TEKKEN 7 is attempting to launch with the optional parameters " "

Nov 3, 2015

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I was getting this as well, restarting Steam fixed it.

I had to restart a number of times before it stopped doing it. Seems it can be random on if the restart fixes it.

I think I find a walk around to the game not reading the keyboard. Keyboard started working again when I turned on my 360 controller, and as long as the 360 controller stays on the keyboard keeps working.

1500 fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 3, 2015

Welp, I have had to give up on using a keyboard, it just keeps randomly refusing to see any key presses. Sometimes it happens before I can get into a match, other times it is in the middle of a match. Going to have to retrain my muscle memory to the ps4 controller.