Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

let's find out what the same 4 trump fanatics swing voters think in 10 different articles. hard hitting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

i see the Times sold alongside the Daily News at my local bodega (they don't sell the Post because it's scum) and whenever i check out the front pages, the former is barely less sensationalistic than the latter. i can count on one hand how many times a headline has been about something other than "Trump Said/Did This"

yeah papers have to compete with digital media now so what to do? adopt the same scummy spectacle to get eyes on the page. meanwhile they are active promoters of right-wing media lies and give dolts like Douthat and Stephens a platform. is the crossword even good anymore?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

What's the matter with KS?

Also what is KS referring to here?

assuming it's Kier Starmer without opening the tweet

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

hmm events like the pipeline hack are starting to make more sense when dipshits like this are the experts

this line from Wikipedia about the Monty hall problem made me laugh

quote:

Pigeons repeatedly exposed to the problem show that they rapidly learn to always switch, unlike humans.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

surely this is vindicated by the opinion of the Russian peoples...

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2019-05-09/stalin-is-more-popular-than-ever-in-russia-survey-shows

ah well nevertheless

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its good when supposed leftists reveal themselves as bootlicking capitalist scum with posts like this,, love to see it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I think its hard for people in the modern day and age to understand the importance of extinguishing the bloodlines of royals and how much political meaning being a Romanov had to revanchists who would plunge Russia back into oppressive feudal hell

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

fart simpson posted:

i just watched the 2005 debate between hitchens and parenti and hitchens said he thought by 2010 iraq would be a prosperous, rich liberal democracy and the rest of the middle east would look up to them. i think that’s worse.

it's funny as hell that the self-proclaimed rationalist who wrote God is Not Great bought wholesale into the neocon magical thinking around "democracy." its the Rovian creating reality/boosting western liberalism as a literal new God and obvs Hitchens was one among many but drat its impressive what a dumb piece of poo poo he was. rest in piss idiot

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

if the GOP starts supporting armed resistance against an imperialist occupier well then I might just have to register republican

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

https://twitter.com/emilygorcenski/status/1429053299135762432?s=21

Didn’t she design software for drones or something. lol

yes. shes one of those anarchists who flaunt selling their labor to refine the military industrial death complex's methods of killing people as an appeal to authority for why anyone should listen to her. a real leftist winner

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

bloodthirsty albionites can't help their disgusting lust for nonwhite death. sink that god damned island deep into the sea

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

just ten years ago half of the chattering class was convinced we were engaged in a civilizational war on Islam, and now where are they?

Clash of Civilizations is still a foundational text for political science curriculums lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

How do people get like this

an entire life spent comfortably enmeshed in a vat of propaganda, never having to give one thought to not having material needs and desires

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

obvious cia asset spotted

lmao read this guy's tweets a bit further and he's weirdly in love with RFK

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Did Foucault really rape a kid? I guess he was French.

kids*

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jose posted:

how do you watch lord of the rings and think sam and frodo weren't gay

https://twitter.com/WargarW/status/1478075145029828610

he's going to kill himself when the Amazon show comes out

Eru willing

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Is the black flag not an online anarchist thing? Like I get that they'd never read anything on the subject because Lenin but lmao you cant even tell which of them are ops or not anymore

they're all ops and also all have cold spaghetti for brains

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ahhhh

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Batman isn't even "super" he has like NO POWERS :mad:

Batman is propaganda designed to make people think billionaires are superheroes

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

it must be nice to have a fake job funded by oligarchs where you do jack and poo poo all day

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

thekeeshman posted:

The west is incapable of starving the DPRK because the DPRK is economically self-sufficient.

"We Can Be Better-off with Our Grain Produced by Our Own Hands in Our Land"

http://www.rodong.rep.kp/en/index.php?MTJAMjAyMy0wMi0xMS1IMDA3QDExQDJAYWdyaUAwQDI3==

actually they're self sufficient because the rats eat the children who eat the rats who eat the children who eat the rats and so on. Yeonmi Park told me this.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

my adhd makes me forget to tip and infact often makes me forget to pay the bill altogether before I leave the restaurant

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the hot takes are coming from inside the thread

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

so, you disagree with my post?

"debate me!" screams the poster sexualizing kids

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

this terminally online moron seriously thinks the Taliban is watching twitter like a hawk to decide how to treat Westeners

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

why tf would an "anarchist" care about NPR lmao

Scooby-Doo meme where "liberal" is under the hood

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Taliban guys doing workout vids at the presidential palace was so funny

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

of course Trump supported and further entrenched the interests of the deep state. they would have killed him if it was otherwise.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

War and Pieces posted:

Does UK have baller politicians who spend every dime they get on cool parties?

depends how "cool" you consider pedophile sex parties

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its wild that George Lucas made the Star Wars prequels be mostly about dumbass political drama, respect to the man tbh

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

this psycho doesn't understand the joys of recreational digging

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

i remember loving AA because it went all in on the simulationism to the point where if you wanted to play a medic you had to take medic training where you sat on chairs in a virtual staff tent and watched a bunch of slides

i thought they wanted people to join the army

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

those fireball shots they sell at gas stations are malt liquor and they suck rear end, lovely product.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

im not one to mythologize alcohol but there was something hosed up about pre-nerf 4lokos. they did not have enough caffeine or alcohol to account for what two or three of them did to a human

had a friend once who was visiting the US from Europe over a summer. he was real excited to try 4loko. he got two of em and drank em over the course of a few hours at a party, which wound down around 1am.

next day we couldn't find him or contact him. couple phone calls later and we determined he had been picked up for drunk in public at like 6am, wandering around the touristy part of town. he did not remember any of that. poor guy was sitting in the county jail with what must have been a massive 4loko hangover.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Even three whole 40's of standard malt liquor is only between 10 and 11 alcoholic drinks. It's when you get into the higher gravity versions that you're buying a greasy, cheap oblivion.

they sell 24oz cans of craft beers that are like 10% at gas stations now for $4 which means you can get wasted on decent beer for cheap. unfortunately trying to drink 48oz of triple imperial ipa or whatever sucks rear end too unless you space it out a lot so meh.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

one time out of morbid curiosity I got a bottle of old crow and I got about a glass and a half in before I couldn't take it anymore

sometimes I see old crow in restaurant cocktails that cost $15 and im just like....huh??

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

My advice to the young people who want to do stupid rear end Edward 40 hands: put that tape to good use and have a positive, inclusive, wizard staff party

absolutely, midnight signals the start of wizard fighting, hope your staff is long enough

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

naw I discovered Death in June a long time ago

I did learn that Ladytron has a DiJ cover recently tho which made me ?? for a moment. It's ok.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

if Perturbator or Carpenter Brut are political please just tell me now so we can get this over with

Carpenter Brut produces albums for Deathspell Omega. DSO's vocalist is a literal Nazi pedophile named Mikko Aspa. Worst of all - he's Finnish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

notaspy posted:

Why is everything so loving poo poo, I just want to listen to faux 80s retro

it's OK you can listen to it it won't turn you into a Nazi and even better you can express your disdain by ethically pirating sketch music