Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the good fax machine posted:

LMFAO if there is no mic requirement

and also :rip: endgame PVE

FFXIV contains some of the dumbest god drat players and public raid queues still work out because the game's equivalent to strikes do a decent job teaching you mechanics. Simply make a normal mode raid for storyline completion purposes and a hard mode for the cool looking top tier armor.

edit: or put mechanics training in story line mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

texaholic posted:

Logged into OG destiny and it feels officially dead and gay, like 8 people in the tower and 2 red bars and today is a reset today.

I logged in because daybreak/small arms/shock burn sounded like a fun combo to solo the nightfall with stormcaller and zhalo supercell; got about halfway through and was like "why am i doing this again"? Then made a drink and played Zero Dawn for a while.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's because mega sweaty chuds get really mad when they are killed by supers, as in D1 even lovely players can always get a kill or 2 with them. These players have bitched and moaned enough about this that the crucible team somehow got it in their heads that supers aren't fair or something.

No items Fox only Final Destination

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Insane Totoro posted:

Just make sure you actually play it with us instead of making mashed potatoes, potent potables, and passing out on the couch while watching Moana instead of actually raiding with us while watching Moana (and passing out there).

The moana thing is kinda dumb, dude, but on the subject of being sociable..

I'm in Goon Button Pressers [ORBS] on ps4, I'd like to actually roll with goons in Destiny2, improve my PvP game and actually get whatever D2's version of hard mode raids under my belt; should I just jump on the discord once the game comes out and do we know if clan-tags will matter at all? (they didn't in D1)

Is there a dump of more D2 concept art? I have only seen that whaleshark fleshlight and the statues/pyramid scene.

kzin602 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 25, 2017

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

im the 21st century standard shipping vessel on a moon of saturn

It's so they can pump in part of the hydrocarbon sea and ship it to another part of the hydrocarbon sea before pumping it out.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Insane Totoro posted:

I'll even teach you how to get your own tax stamp and PEW PEWS

Is there a PS4 clan that is not people jacking off their penis surrogates over a children's cartoon? I'd really prefer real penises being jacked off on real men but I'd need to go to xbox for that :(

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sir, this a Post Golden Age McDonalds Drive through

When I was kinda homeless as a teen I lived with a friend of mine whose parents were a gun obsessed fat old man who wandered around in his stained tighty whities and a middle aged woman who was obsessed with disney memorabilia. She was somewhat of a hoarder and also had crates of beanie babies laying around. She always wanted to go to disneyland but she never had the cash. Ironically she'd drop $100+ dollars a week at the local hallmark store on chinese plastic shaped like disney princesses.
OFC she had the tinkerbell sticker on her lovely SUV's rear window and the point of this story is... Totoro do you have a stupid tinkerbell sticker and a glittery licence plate frame that says something like "Disney Princesss" or "My other carriage is a pumpkin"?

kzin602 fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 27, 2017

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Meat Dimension posted:

nice that confirms my shitpost from forever ago

Wasn't that thing from early in the book of sorrows that lived in a gas giant called a Leviathan?

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

The gun sounds really cool but yeah using it in Crucible is pretty underwhelming. I don't quite understand it's perk either as yeah, doesn't seem to do anything? It says the 3rd bullet in a burst does high damage but it doesn't really seem to make a difference? Unless I'm reading it wrong.

It looks and sounds cool, the explosion does a little bit of damage but not as much as the solar hand cannon. Every 4th shot does do a bit of extra damage and you'll notice this if you chain headshots in PvE but the gun's damage is somewhat underwhelming so it's a wash.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For the first time in my life I took a a couple days off work for the release of a video game. I had been having a stressful month and decided to use a little bit of vacation time to really just decompress, forget about the world and zone out. My girlfriend, bless her, was completely on board with this, but I knew in my heart of hear that I could not really handle playing a videogame all day and would go stir crazy by the midafternoon and want to go out and do stuff with her.

I stayed up late on Tuesday played a bit of campaign, worked Wednesday, and didn't play that night at all because I took Thursday and Friday off and wanted to make sure chores and stuff were taken care of. Thursday morning, I got out of bed, almost tripped over a cat and when i put out my hand to steady myself on the nightstand, I ended up breaking my glasses in half. I have contacts as a backup but they are an old prescription and they don't correct astigmatism so I can see well enough to drive and navigate but details such as text on a computer screen or small details on a TV give me issues.

I spent the first day of the vacation dealing with the eye-doctor to get a new prescription made. I have been able to play Destiny but I suck in crucible because I'm having issues lining up the dot with peoples heads and some issues focusing on the kill/powerfeed (I've been to the lighthouse a few times in D1 so i'm not normally this awful) I did a strike but I don't feel like I can do nightfalls because the act of staying tightly focused on a screen gives me a massive headache. It's going to be probably another week for my glasses to arrive and until then I get to live in blurry headache world.

Moral of the story; don't be that nerd that takes a day off work to play a videogame. (also have a backup pair of glasses)

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the good fax machine posted:

It costs 11k glimmer to put Nebula Rose on a sparrow god drat

What else are you going to spend it on?

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tei posted:

I think Blink is a pvp thing, where done in the proper moment everyone will be confused, you a bit less.

Some things about blink *
It always send you the same distance regardless of your current speed in the air and teleports you based on your current direction, so if you are drifting slightly backwards, blink will teleport you the full distance back.
Warlocks typically want to double tap jump but blink you want to do at the apex of your jump to get the best forward boost.
Blink will throw off axion bolts and the hunter grenades that send seeking drones at you, having the timing down can completely nullify a grenade push as you can very quickly escape the explosion radius.
If you blink right when a sticky grenade is about to go off (at the peak of it's I'm about to explode charging sound) you will leave the grenade behind and only take a little damage. You can also blink to get out of tethers and other AOE effects with similar timing. If you blink right when it sticks, it will follow you.
Blink into melee from above is very disorienting to a person using a scout/sniper.
Blink is a good way to kill yourself in strikes/raids with lots of platforming.

*this was to be best of my knowledge how it worked in D1; the loss of radar in D2 is really turning me off and I have not played with it enough in D2.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

texaholic posted:

There are alot of dudes in the OG clan that post here regularly and you raided with some of us last night. Don't know about clans 2-7 though. Clan 1 has been steady getting raid and trials engrams. I don't see the raid engram being an issue unsure about the trials one though. I believe Javes has been getting that one for us, so thanks a bunch to him.

I think the clan only needs 7 trial wins to qualify for the handout, I went with some other goons in a chill session of trying to get just one win so we could unlock the spire and get the achievement, and we got 1-3 so we contributed! I would legitimately like to get better at PvP but it seems like the goons doing trials even semi seriously don't hang on discord very much or are not going to to group with randos. I understand why it would be a somewhat insular group... Trials is endgame PvP and you want good people; but I'd like to ride along with some better players in Trials or even Competitive Crucible Queues in voicechat and pick up some tips on improving my game. There's only so much you can read about it and getting teamshot by a fourstack while solo queuing is not helpful.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

At the risk of sounding like a KDR crazed pervert...

I have a toy called "Xim", or now "Xim 4.0". I’m sure you're all familiar with the mouse and keyboard, well this is the PS4 equivalent.

Lube it up, turn it on and it starts sucking and stroking on your efficiency like an insatiable trials sherpa. The thing I like about it is that it can go for hours as long as you keep lubed up. I’ve gone as long as three hours while edging before. The best thing about the xim by far is the fact that it can stroke your cock with or without an erection, it doesn't care one bit since it sucks you in, and gives you headshots with air pressure.

Anyways, a while ago I got this hair brained idea to get a bunch of audio clips of Moana. But only Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson grunting,or yelling. Wrote up a quick bash script on the computer to randomly play them. Longer clips get played one after another at random with shorter clips overlapping. Now I was set.

My boyfriend prepared 35 mg of 4-aco-dmt for plugging while I got the xim ready. This was going to be a long duration experience so I opted for the silicone lube that lasts forever.

I lubed up, got the xim on my dualshock, plugged the 4aco, and laid back. My boyfriend put my blindfold on me, shackled my wrists and ankles and put the headphones on me.

He was listening to the audio through the laptop and controlling the Xim’s sensitivity and the speed to match the audio. You can have it headshot as slow as 3 times a minute, to faster than your hand can go at 300/minute. And by way of a second control box you can control how deep it takes you in trials. You can have it be noba bombing from behind during practically the whole stroke or putting the mida right on your head.

At first I was hard as a rock at the thought of the experiment, but I started getting nervous about ten minutes in when the heavy dose of psilocetin started to alert. I was worried that I should have done some better editing of the sound clips, they were cutting in and out pretty harsh and thought for a while that would detract from the experience. Soon enough it didn't matter.

As the veil started to lift in my mind's eye the moans and grunts and whimpers morphed into calls to set the payload "harder" and "faster" and shouts and screams of ecstasy turned into a rolling broiling cacophony of auditory ecstasy.

Ever since the dawn of man, The Rock was exiled from heaven. These screaming Dwaynes had now had enough. They all descended from the various heavens and chosen me for their sole act of defiance. One by one they seduced me and begged for my explosive package. "Oh, oh baby I want you inside me." A gentle soft spoken and timid map marker. I set the package niiiice and slow. The shaxx interupted shouting for me to go "faster uh uh faster, yeah yeah yeah"

As my mind went ever more under the influence of the drug everything became chaotic and overlapped. I was being used by a dozen Shaxxes and Dwayne Johnsons as their plaything being tossed back and forth between them like a ragdoll. For a while I begged for them to stop to no avail. Multiple times I felt myself getting soft but they kept begging for carries, and their meta AR’s turned into twisted slimy creatures unto themselves that slurped and pulled and grabbed at my limp MIDA incessantly until I was once again taken by the ecstasy and restored to full vigor.

The peak was so chaotic and confusing I can't even begin to express it. I was for sure being raped. I know I wanted them to stop. I begged them to. But at the same time I was in ecstasy.

I do remember the ticket building up. Slowly, carefully. The Rocks and Shaxxes had one shot and it had to be perfect. I had to hold it back. It had to be a flawless ticket. Not just a good one but the strongest most powerful trials run ever imagined by a human. For a moment they told me I would know what it feels like for Zavala himself to bust a nut. I came and they kept shouting at me "harder, harder HARDER!" My vision went nuts, i was seeing a field of white electric static and I felt it shooting throughout my body. I felt incredibly lucid mentally and remotely aware of my physical body. It was straining against the restraints, grunting and growling like a caged beast. My finger muscles were contracting repeatedly over and over as they seemed to pump out all of my life force and sexual energy. The grunts and growls from my mindless body started to cede as more and more life force was being drained. The cacophonous ecstasy of the crucible announcers slowly disappeared as my fingers still continued clicking into the alien xim that kept begging my dualshock for more.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Insane Totoro posted:

Uh okay I was wrong and something did top that last one

My entry ended up on the bottom of a page, I was worried it would never be seen. I didn't want to have to look at that TCC horrorshow again.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Failsafe, Asher, and Devrim Kay are the best NPCs in the game

i was legit stunned when i learned Asher isn't Dr. Venture, he sounds identical

i guess Shaxx is good too

Nolan North (Ghost) is a great voice actor who has been in a million things, but he's probably best known as Nathan drake. The ghost has too much of a jokey tone, not that I want it to be completely serious either, I wonder if there's any lore stating that all the ghosts are kinda jokey or what.

Asher Mir is played by a Darryl Kurylo, who has a bunch of random secondary roles in video games, he was also Belial in Diablo 3.

Gideon Emery plays Devrim Kay, he's also Urianger in Final Fantasy XIV and was a villain in Teen Wolf.

Failsafe is Joy Osmanski, she did a lot of TV and Film work as secondary characters.

Venture bros is voiced by like five people, all the core characters are just the same guys doing different voices. James Urbank was Venture, Phantom Limb and David Bowie among many others.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thank you for that slideshow, you explained the raid better than a million screaming Twitch or Youtube videos ever could.

I enjoyed the raids in D1 but everything I've seen about the Leviathan makes it sound like the gameshow and baths encounters are really tedious and unfun. Is it better when you actually do it? I really want the trophy so I guess I'll have to just deal with it.

I feel like somebody at Bungie needs to get a WoW or FFXIV account and do some raiding because the mechanics in Destiny raids (except for WotM) always feel a bit obtuse; at least the complex mechanics in WOW/FFXIV make sense in a logical way.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Adregan posted:

This is wrong. I deleted my warlock and re-levels one. Still had all my exotic armors that I discovered on my warlock in my collections tab in the vault. I do know for a fact that if you delete a character and re-level another of the same type you do not get another three bright engrams for reaching twenty and completing the story missions.

Are you serious! One of the top guys (Luke Smith) is a Scarb Lord from WoW. Besides I know they have to do cross idea bounces off the Blizzard guys being under Activisions umbrella.

Let me rephrase; Bungie needs to bring in a couple raid designers from an actual MMO. If Scarab Lord is some hardcore elite raiding achievement, then that's the worst possible person to do raid design.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

What

Seriously, what

I don't like wow either but it's literally light years ahead of every other mmorpg, especially its raids

Dismissing wow as not 'an actual MMO' is pants-on-head retarded sorry, gatekeep harder

edit: if you can name a raid from an actual mmo in your estimation I'd love to hear all about it

I think you misread or I wasn't clear. Ofc WoW is a 'real' MMO with good raids.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

As far back as Taken King, "Dubious Volley" (community-dubbed after its primary perk, called Dubious Volley) was teased for Destiny 1 in certain Bungie-furnished marketing material, alongside Nova Mortis and Abbadon:

It got kicked around for a while as "maybe it's a secret!", but it looks like people either didn't find that secret, or Bungie decided to just not ultimately put it in.

Because I am Waffle House, I assume the former, a secret unfound, rather than the latter. I can't really explain the amount of 'subtle' inclusion (over several expansions no less in D1) that bungie used in official marketing material otherwise.

Considering the tape and bailing wire nature of D1's engine they probably did intend to release it but kept running into issues with it that made it a pain in the butt/low priority fix until they could do a more intensive engine overhaul, so every expansion, some dev would pull out it's assets and code and try to make it work without compromising the core concept of the weapon, they'd get it working in test, manage to record some marketing footage that has a several month lead time, then find some game breaking bug with it and put it aside until next time; that stuff happens all the time in MMO-like games with regular updates. There's no need for a conspiracy or a hidden quest. The weapon does hilarious things to the physics in D2, it probably made D1 crash or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

el B posted:

I thought Vigilance Wing sucked until I got good. I mean really. I wanted to like it so I kept going back to it until finally it clicked and man oh man you can just spread that thing on

I know Mida is suppose to be the better gun but I have had better luck with Vigilance Wing in IB and casual queues. Mida feels like you are just kind tapping somebody with a stream of tiny little plonks but VW has this satisfying braaaap and the cloud of yellow numbers floating out of their head feels so good.

It's like gently tapping your lover with the tip versus scraping your balls against their face.