Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mill Village posted:

The FWC handcannon has delayed explosive rounds. I don't understand why it doesn't have regular explosive rounds because the delay is like a half a second. It will probably suck in PVP, but it shits all over yellow mooks in PVE.

Also the faster reload perk doesn't work.

Yeah with the reload speed on it it's garbage.

Unless you can afford to stand around for five seconds out of every 20.

And loving lol at the 30 engram limit. There is no way I'm getting a full set of FWC since lakshima is loving burying me in those goddamn hand cannons. Maybe by spring. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is the drang quest broken or what i got up to 5 powerful fallen and since then ive killed probably 10 yellow lost sector bitches and poo poo and it never goes up

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

And loving lol at the 30 engram limit. There is no way I'm getting a full set of FWC since lakshima is loving burying me in those goddamn hand cannons. Maybe by spring. :downs:

If anything I just want the FWC titan mark because most of them look stupid and that one looks alright.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm going to be completely honest as a person who played a hunter for over three months of in game time in Destiny.

I had zero idea pressing B twice did something.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

RBA Starblade posted:

If anything I just want the FWC titan mark because most of them look stupid and that one looks alright.

Dead Orbit mark is pretty great too.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

xzzy posted:

I think what you mean is that the reload speed on it is exhilarating :ocelot:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'm at Power Level 273, I turned in my first powerful engram for this week and I'm still at 273. Am I doing something wrong or did I just get unlucky? I got a 277 energy auto rifle and 277 gloves but the gloves aren't better than my 283 exotic gloves. I think that's where I got unlucky, hopefully I don't get anymore glove drops.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

JackDarko posted:

I'm at Power Level 273, I turned in my first powerful engram for this week and I'm still at 273. Am I doing something wrong or did I just get unlucky? I got a 277 energy auto rifle and 277 gloves but the gloves aren't better than my 283 exotic gloves. I think that's where I got unlucky, hopefully I don't get anymore glove drops.

I have this happen pretty frequently. On the bright side once you hit 280 you kind of cruise over a little bump in the road since you can unlock the +5 light mods from the gun vendor. I went from 280-290 really quickly after struggling to get off 278 for a while.

If you haven't done the exotic quests yet I recommend doing that. Picking up MIDA mini and multi tool pushed me clear of 280 and those drops are guaranteed even though they'll take a little busy work.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Super No Vacancy posted:

is the drang quest broken or what i got up to 5 powerful fallen and since then ive killed probably 10 yellow lost sector bitches and poo poo and it never goes up

All on nessus? That hosed me up for a minute :shrug:

Captain Log posted:

I'm going to be completely honest as a person who played a hunter for over three months of in game time in Destiny.

I never realized what Phoenix actually does for the sun warlock. Really helps with float fighting & would probably work really well with the worst looking exotic armor I've ever seen and refuse to ever use.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Honestly there's a lot of gaudy armor I loving HATE. philomath looks like hot garbage. Heiro camo or w/e looks good, complex looks pretty alright. Patrol armor is almost all sweet but I can leave Io's.

If I could just get the loving set instead of 45 of the same piece...

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I feel good about picking NuMonarchy because now my titan robot dude is all decked out in the finest crimson & gold & diamond. I have some regrets about not being able to get FWC weapons but holy hell I need that NM scout

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

super macho dude posted:

I feel good about picking NuMonarchy because now my titan robot dude is all decked out in the finest crimson & gold & diamond. I have some regrets about not being able to get FWC weapons but holy hell I need that NM scout

Why? It's not that good.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It's weird, in D1 basic, uncommon, and rare armors looked really good to me. Now a lot of armor looks like poo poo, even legends

Bullshit dresses for warlock and trash can looking titan armor. Some of those fuckin pauldrons smdh

in D1 I was loving amped to get the dead orbit titan set that had the cut down horns like shaxx but both clipped down. I kinda like the skull head look on this one but jfc the arms

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Why? It's not that good.

Style over substance

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

That's because it's new in Destiny 2, each class got a new ability.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Honestly there's a lot of gaudy armor I loving HATE. philomath looks like hot garbage. Heiro camo or w/e looks good, complex looks pretty alright. Patrol armor is almost all sweet but I can leave Io's.

If I could just get the loving set instead of 45 of the same piece...

If you want gaudy armour that you'll loving love, I recommend FWC.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

JBP posted:

I have this happen pretty frequently. On the bright side once you hit 280 you kind of cruise over a little bump in the road since you can unlock the +5 light mods from the gun vendor. I went from 280-290 really quickly after struggling to get off 278 for a while.

If you haven't done the exotic quests yet I recommend doing that. Picking up MIDA mini and multi tool pushed me clear of 280 and those drops are guaranteed even though they'll take a little busy work.

Just want to clarify something here, mods are a lie. They boost your light, sure, but the game only takes your non-boosted light into account when it calculates rewards.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Rubellavator posted:

Just want to clarify something here, mods are a lie. They boost your light, sure, but the game only takes your non-boosted light into account when it calculates rewards.

What the gently caress. Maybe I was just really unfortunate getting to 280 because I loving powered up 10 light after that and I was like THANK YOU MODS.

Actually I am still powered up to 290 light. It's just that the mods don't affect drops. So yes, thank you mods and also I am very disappointed in you. I still got a 300 MIDA to drop which I guess is really a 295 MIDA... I'm going to stop thinking about this and shoot more aliens.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

JBP posted:

If you want gaudy armour that you'll loving love, I recommend FWC.

We predicted war would come, and it did.

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH
Felt good this week doing the raid in under an hour.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I was gonna go NM until I realised the only reason I liked them was the Purifier VI fusion rifle in D1 which A) doesnt exist now and B) FRs have fundamentally changed enough that it doesnt matter.

so I went for the cool armor crew DO

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

JBP posted:

Actually I am still powered up to 290 light. It's just that the mods don't affect drops. So yes, thank you mods and also I am very disappointed in you. I still got a 300 MIDA to drop which I guess is really a 295 MIDA... I'm going to stop thinking about this and shoot more aliens.

This is why I'm waiting until 290 on two characters to do the MIDA quest line. Need one to infuse into a NM and the other in case PvP rewards become required.

The whole ignoring mods thing on top of the switch in gear progression at 265 has made this all more bullshit than it had to be. Case in point - I asked earlier what level I'd have to be to get a 300 MIDA (meaning 305, given the mod) and got "285" as a result... which is not correct, because 300+5 is not the same as 300 and even though I know how it works I'm having difficulty discussing it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

What are some good machineguns for pve that work well with the Titian RoboCop pants?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mailer posted:

This is why I'm waiting until 290 on two characters to do the MIDA quest line. Need one to infuse into a NM and the other in case PvP rewards become required.

The whole ignoring mods thing on top of the switch in gear progression at 265 has made this all more bullshit than it had to be. Case in point - I asked earlier what level I'd have to be to get a 300 MIDA (meaning 305, given the mod) and got "285" as a result... which is not correct, because 300+5 is not the same as 300 and even though I know how it works I'm having difficulty discussing it.

I wonder what the point of the +5 mods is. It makes the late game content easier in a sudden burst? They seem kind of dumb given that exotics always seem to come with one on board and leaving it at interchangeable boosts to particular stats or weapon types would have been easier to make sense of.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
Are auto scouts any good? I don't get them. Just picked up a Black Scorpion. Sure, it fires fast but the range is trash and if you're accurate enough to be good with it you're accurate enough to be good with the other scout weapon types like Nameless or Does Not Compute. If you need full auto an auto rifle is obviously superior. Am I missing something?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I feel like it's nbd to level pretty high? I've literally only hosed around doing random bullshit all game and I'm past 280. It's been a pretty smooth increase in power the whole time

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Super No Vacancy posted:

If I recall there is an anti cheese, you can no longer go back in and out of the same lost sector and kill the same yellow over and over. Doesn't count.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Man it sucks poo poo if you forget to pick up you r high power engram s before reset tho. I did the stuff and forgot, was warping in and it reset and I list them once

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

BitBasher posted:

If I recall there is an anti cheese, you can no longer go back in and out of the same lost sector and kill the same yellow over and over. Doesn't count.

P sure oranges and yellows from public events count and when Iswitched to doing those it went super quick.

May be different now, but that would be retarded

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I feel like it's nbd to level pretty high? I've literally only hosed around doing random bullshit all game and I'm past 280. It's been a pretty smooth increase in power the whole time

Man getting off 278 felt like a massive chore, but I'm back on a smooth curve heading to 300.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

P sure oranges and yellows from public events count and when Iswitched to doing those it went super quick.

May be different now, but that would be retarded

That you can do. I got it in a single public event with the big eyeball looking thing out front of Failsafe. It's cake to do at the wizard event indoors on Titan too, piles of easy yellows spawn.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Chekans 3 16 posted:

That's because it's new in Destiny 2, each class got a new ability.

: exhales :

Whew. I know I have my moments but that seemed pretty extreme to miss.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Log posted:

: exhales :

Whew. I know I have my moments but that seemed pretty extreme to miss.
On the other hand, there were times in D1 where you did have a double tap B move, so

E.g. https://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Shadestep

Akuma fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Sep 27, 2017

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

PathAsc posted:

Got the fwc hand cannon, and it looks fuuuuuuun. My only regret is that it's kinetic so I can't use it and better devils at the same time

From a ways back now, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but wouldn't a single purple elemental mod fix that problem?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Norns posted:

What are some good machineguns for pve that work well with the Titian RoboCop pants?

Sweet Business and Coldheart probably benefit the most but any AR works great.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Frush posted:

From a ways back now, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but wouldn't a single purple elemental mod fix that problem?

Kinetics can't be made elemental, and elementals can't be made kinetic.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Father Wendigo posted:

Alright, here's my contest​ entry if Totoro hasn't ended it yet.

Orpheus Rig, alternate lore
---
"I own two pairs of pants. I have one pair that I love and can never wear, and one pair that I've grown to absolutely hate but have to wear at all times because my fireteam will die if I don't.

The first pair I got off of that butch old bird on Titan. I kill the Hive, she sees I've got a hand cannon, says she's got some pants she thinks I'd like. It's amazing, the holster's spring loaded so you can practically juggle two revolvers with one hand. I could be popping over a dozen Red Legion helmets in under ten seconds. Then I noticed they had the name Cayde sewn in them, and I'm like "Holy poo poo, that Cayde, how do you have his pants?" and she got really standoffish and bitchy and I'm sensed it's time for me to leave. Great pants. Can't wear 'em."

"Why not? Because my fireteam needs my balls. RELIES on my balls.. Dependent on my balls to the point we'll probably bork a strike if they don't get 'em. Lemme explain, I got these ridiculous looking strappy-rear end leg prisons from that dick Ra'Hool, and they draw energy for a shadow shot from tethered​ targets. Simple, right? So anyway, we're deep in Hive territory - some kinda Thrall nursery or something. The Titan havocs on a wizard, I'm popping thralls left and right, the warlock is tryin' to use a sniper rifle and whiffing the entre clip, business as usual. Then there's that god-awful sound of a train breaking and green fire, followed by a tsunami of those scrawny shrieking chug-heads. Hoping to dam the tide, I drop a shadow shot. And as soon as I've fired it off, it's already back and the quiver's farted out two lil' balls of light spunk. Then it occurs to me: to get the most out of this, I can't actually kill anything. It sucks, but not as much as scrubbing the mission. So I drop a tether, and another, and another, all the while my quiver's just spewing a geyser of light goo. And the titan and the warlock are​ just staring dumbstruck until I shout over the Coms for them to PLEASE loving KILL SOMETHING, MY ARM IS GETTING VERY TIRED. So they drop their supers and all hell breaks loose. The titan's fisting everything that moves, the warlock is swinging his hot meter long rod with even less skill than he had with the sniper rifle (HOW?), I'm practically shooting all over the floor... I thought my eyes were drowning in an ocean of Technicolor clown vomit. We must have killed a nests worth of Thralls."

"Anyway, we realize everything is dead, and the adulation comes "HOLY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING!". "HUNTER, YOU'RE A loving FOUNTAIN OF LIGHT!" "WE HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN!". That last one hit me like a bullet to the head. For my team to succeed, I have to actively not kill things. How can you tell a hunter NOT to kill things?! That's like telling Eva Lavente she's not allowed to huff shaders anymore. It's loving wrong, drat it. But, because fate is cruel and my ghost is a loving snitch, Zavala now thinks we're the paragons of the new strike protocol. The fate of the tower, the Traveller, this entire shithole solar system rests on my shoulders... and balls. AND THAT is why I I have to wear these stupid loving pants that I absolutely hate."

Well I'm not sure what can top this

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

kzin602 posted:

At the risk of sounding like a KDR crazed pervert...

I have a toy called "Xim", or now "Xim 4.0". I’m sure you're all familiar with the mouse and keyboard, well this is the PS4 equivalent.

Lube it up, turn it on and it starts sucking and stroking on your efficiency like an insatiable trials sherpa. The thing I like about it is that it can go for hours as long as you keep lubed up. I’ve gone as long as three hours while edging before. The best thing about the xim by far is the fact that it can stroke your cock with or without an erection, it doesn't care one bit since it sucks you in, and gives you headshots with air pressure.

Anyways, a while ago I got this hair brained idea to get a bunch of audio clips of Moana. But only Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson grunting,or yelling. Wrote up a quick bash script on the computer to randomly play them. Longer clips get played one after another at random with shorter clips overlapping. Now I was set.

My boyfriend prepared 35 mg of 4-aco-dmt for plugging while I got the xim ready. This was going to be a long duration experience so I opted for the silicone lube that lasts forever.

I lubed up, got the xim on my dualshock, plugged the 4aco, and laid back. My boyfriend put my blindfold on me, shackled my wrists and ankles and put the headphones on me.

He was listening to the audio through the laptop and controlling the Xim’s sensitivity and the speed to match the audio. You can have it headshot as slow as 3 times a minute, to faster than your hand can go at 300/minute. And by way of a second control box you can control how deep it takes you in trials. You can have it be noba bombing from behind during practically the whole stroke or putting the mida right on your head.

At first I was hard as a rock at the thought of the experiment, but I started getting nervous about ten minutes in when the heavy dose of psilocetin started to alert. I was worried that I should have done some better editing of the sound clips, they were cutting in and out pretty harsh and thought for a while that would detract from the experience. Soon enough it didn't matter.

As the veil started to lift in my mind's eye the moans and grunts and whimpers morphed into calls to set the payload "harder" and "faster" and shouts and screams of ecstasy turned into a rolling broiling cacophony of auditory ecstasy.

Ever since the dawn of man, The Rock was exiled from heaven. These screaming Dwaynes had now had enough. They all descended from the various heavens and chosen me for their sole act of defiance. One by one they seduced me and begged for my explosive package. "Oh, oh baby I want you inside me." A gentle soft spoken and timid map marker. I set the package niiiice and slow. The shaxx interupted shouting for me to go "faster uh uh faster, yeah yeah yeah"

As my mind went ever more under the influence of the drug everything became chaotic and overlapped. I was being used by a dozen Shaxxes and Dwayne Johnsons as their plaything being tossed back and forth between them like a ragdoll. For a while I begged for them to stop to no avail. Multiple times I felt myself getting soft but they kept begging for carries, and their meta AR’s turned into twisted slimy creatures unto themselves that slurped and pulled and grabbed at my limp MIDA incessantly until I was once again taken by the ecstasy and restored to full vigor.

The peak was so chaotic and confusing I can't even begin to express it. I was for sure being raped. I know I wanted them to stop. I begged them to. But at the same time I was in ecstasy.

I do remember the ticket building up. Slowly, carefully. The Rocks and Shaxxes had one shot and it had to be perfect. I had to hold it back. It had to be a flawless ticket. Not just a good one but the strongest most powerful trials run ever imagined by a human. For a moment they told me I would know what it feels like for Zavala himself to bust a nut. I came and they kept shouting at me "harder, harder HARDER!" My vision went nuts, i was seeing a field of white electric static and I felt it shooting throughout my body. I felt incredibly lucid mentally and remotely aware of my physical body. It was straining against the restraints, grunting and growling like a caged beast. My finger muscles were contracting repeatedly over and over as they seemed to pump out all of my life force and sexual energy. The grunts and growls from my mindless body started to cede as more and more life force was being drained. The cacophonous ecstasy of the crucible announcers slowly disappeared as my fingers still continued clicking into the alien xim that kept begging my dualshock for more.

Uh okay I was wrong and something did top that last one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Republicans posted:

Sweet Business and Coldheart probably benefit the most but any AR works great.

SMGs, not ARs.

The chest is the one that works on ARs, but not with Coldheart.