Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

the only place that mentioned cross save was that bullshit gaf post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I dunno it all looks neat to me, and if they make exploring the world and stuff interesting and productive (using and building upon the type of stuff they did in TTK) I'll be happy

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It seems like every Twitch streamer will be playing this on PC. And within 3 months or less, will all consistently be matchmade against each other

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

There's a screenshot of people playing soccer in the settlement on earth

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

tbh being on Battle.net means a permanent icon on the Blizzard app which will promote the game and help keep up a playerbase way better than if it were tossed on the giant shovelware pile on Steam, so it will probably do ok. But that's not as fun dead on PC in 2 months jokes, so I'll just keep doing those

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

qbert posted:

New IGN video up showing The Farm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YX9udnSr1c
Postmaster, Cryptarch (Tyra), soccer with scoring system, and it holds 26 players at a time.
Why wasn't this an hour long livestream with DeeJ narrating the development cycle of every rock texture? Disappointed.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Some new areas shown off briefly. Also there will be loadout locked activities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FulKz9pnvfU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Beta has opening mission, the strike from E3, and Countdown & Control PVP. Also the Farm for one hour on 7/23 10 AM PST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohcDVmVfPLA

TWAB https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46024/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--07062017

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 6, 2017

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

people who played at E3 etc. say the new IGN footage is a much older build. One of the devs was in Gigz' twitch stream and said titan lift isn't that fast now. So Bungie let IGN show an older build, gg

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

"Hmm why are Fusion Rifles a Power Weapon, seems lame."
*one arc shot from a non-exotic fusion chains to 3 enemies*
"Oh."

So fusions are awesome now. Also Striker is my fave subclass so far.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

There may be lots of bads in PVP but there are also a lot in PVE too. Ran the strike a bunch of times and I completed it like once.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I don't know if it's the goodest gun but along with Sweet Business, I really like Sunshot (exotic hand cannon, enemies blow up with solar damage on death). It just feels good.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

my fave part of destiny is just free roam goofing around in the world and i can't really do that in this beta, and what there IS is fun which makes the lack of being able to goof around more annoying.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Tei posted:

- Streamlined the design removing options. We risk have the problem of all titans feeling the same titan, all the locks the same lock. and so on. We hope this is not the case.

in a post mortem talk for Deus Ex 2, Harvey Smith talked about how in Deus Ex 1, people could take a bunch of water related cybermods (swim faster, breathe under water longer etc.) and make an "Aquaman" build. In Deus Ex 2 they just combined all those cybermods into one mod. But even though it was functionally the same, they denied people the fun of creating their own build.

So that's what I'm afraid they're doing. You unlock subclass perks but there's no tweaking or remixing them. You're just going to be X Y or Z. Which may be more balanced but removes creativity.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well at least Angry Magic works now

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Betas don't worry me. For example, the Titanfall 2 beta was awful, basically poor man's Black Ops 3 where you could earn a Titan every 20 minutes if you were good, but the full game was great. However, that beta gave such a bad impression I canceled my preorder and waited until it went on sale.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Sancho posted:

The loot chase seems non-existent. Unless they're switching a 5% chance of god roll type system to just a 5% chance certain weapons will even drop
Since weapons & their perks (except for the intrinsic perk) are hand crafted now, it's likely, and maybe not a bad thing.

If you thought sorting junk loot was annoying in D1, it's even worse in The Division now. I would rather get less loot but have it be stuff you can actually use than having to play Recycle Bin Sorting Simulator every five minutes

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Does any preorder work for getting the Juicero Cold Press Rifle or do you have to get the freaking deluxe edition like a bitch?

Gamestop has the gun & ghost for the regular preorder

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Still been goofing around with the Division but also been playing Warframe this week because it's Actually Good Now.

Also this:

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lol yall are so whiny haha

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

The unfrosted varieties of pop-tarts often have the same exact amount of calories as the frosted kind, which is nothing short of miraculous.
The pop-tart itself is a marvel of food engineering. How they manage to pack 400 calories into something the size of a deck of cards I have no idea, but it's impressive nonetheless.
It is when you consider a deep fried Twinkie has only 220 calories. It is healthier to give your kid a deep fried Twinkie for breakfast than a pop tart

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ularg posted:

What a great sci fi game we have here. Oh there's a company logo for a real ISP, and one for an energy drink company, and one for a car company... So is the fiction in science fiction supposed to be that these brands are still around?
Well the Red Bull promo in-game was the subtlest promo I've ever seen. The ingame rewards were XP boosters that vaguely looked like label-less redbull cans and a redbull can colored sparrow that didn't even have a clever name like "crimsorn taurus" or something.

That said we're dealing with Activision here who loves to cross the line of decency so we might end up with obnoxious Rockstar logo armor and pop tart themed ghost shells

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'll post bits from the latest MoreConsole video (who's just randomly quoting Edge magazine) so you don't have to watch it

- 80 "substantial" missions and activities in full game and over 50 cutscenes
- At one point in development there was "more content than progression." TOO MUCH CONTENT
- Patrols and strikes don't unlock until final 1/3 of campaign
- Some public events can be started manually by picking up a flag which instantly charges your super
- Look out for something called "The Magician" which is apparently a big deal
- Destroying an elemental shield will cause an explosion that damages nearby enemies
- Nightfalls will now be timed challenges (varies depending on strike)
- Reward packages (such as from Nightfall) will be shared with Clan members regardless if they did the activity
- Early in campaign Warlocks will get access to an exotic chestpiece, perk is freeze in air while ADS
- Grenades now "very effective" against bosses, not just mobs
- Gunslinger "Crowdpleaser" golden gun perk enables precision damage and can drop up to 8 orbs of light
- There is a Hunter bonus that hasn't been revealed yet
- Hawthorne gives you the mission to kill some enemies by the big shard of the Traveler, after which you get your powers back.
- Final campaign boss is a "shapeshifter" with mechanics, not just a bullet sponge

cvnvcnv posted:

A little bit more of that could have been spoilered.
ok

Roman fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 12, 2017

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Tei posted:

I hope we don't get some sort of "episode 1" where the interesting things never come to happen.
Still better than D1 which was all side story

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

goons: "what the hell they're not marketing this game at all, not a good sign"

*Activision's CoD marketing team busts through the wall like the Kool Aid man*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSxElWwWVFE

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Initial impression, at least PVE wise, is that it's real good. My first hour+ in the EDZ highlights the problems of the first game to an almost comical degree, as in how did I play that empty rear end game for 3 years. The first public area in the EDZ feels like Archon's Forge compared to the Cosmodrome. And actually being rewarded for exploring is lovely.

Some people complaining about abilities still taking too long, I personally didn't feel it but maybe that's because there was so much action going on my stuff recharged faster than it usually would.

Only complaints: Story is more cohesive but it didn't flow as well as it could have, in the beginning anyway. And while not being yanked out of menus is nice, I almost missed the "getting your powers back" cutscene because of it. So if you care about that stuff be careful about jumping into inventory after you kill a boss or something.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Huzanko posted:

B.) Can I wrap things up in Destiny 1, excepting the Raids, and then see the stuff I did in the Destiny 2 character intro? i.e. - I have yet to beat the TTK expansion. If I play through it now will it show up in that intro?
It will show a screen with pictures of the activities you did, and will show the names of you and the first fireteam you ever completed them with. It's based on your account so even if you don't carry D1 characters over, you'll still see it

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Waffle House posted:

Rasputin's getting a whole expansion at some point or something
The second D2 expansion has his logo on the promo materials, so I assume that's the one. And I'll be shocked if it's not set in the Cosmodrome

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Man, people who are enthusiastic about things are dumb. A True Goon consumes their media like a bored, jaded cow chewing cud

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Like everyone else said, your character had a bunch of voiced lines in D1. But they used different voice actors depending on what race/gender you chose, and Bungie would have had to pay all of them to come back every expansion & sequel. So that's why you don't say poo poo from Dark Below onward

It doesn't matter anyway, this isn't Mass Effect

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well D2's got 1.2 million concurrent players, maybe it's time they bought a few more Raspberry Pis to host the servers on

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The constant rewards for tokens and parts and all that would be very satisfying if I were getting anything other than energy weapons (when I only want to use Graviton Lance) and Lincoln Greens and kinetic scout rifles. I just got my 5th kinetic scout in a row.

Roman fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 9, 2017

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Please invite psn: angryavatar as well, thanks!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah. Not having to level stuff up is the best

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Bungo is doing the right thing and is being lightning quick about it too. Good for them.
Imagine if they had to take like a week to do it, and we'd have to suffer through BUT MY FREE SPEACH hot takes everywhere. Yuck.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Rick_Hunter posted:

Dude, we're still going to get it.
I know, but it won't be as bad since they're getting rid of it so quick, and there won't be green frog themed dipshits running around for a whole week. People will move on to other news

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Lol he also claimed there was code in the game that made the enemies darker if your character had light skin and vice versa

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Maintenance extended by 2 more hours, They're probably doing another spot check for other hidden nazi frog images.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

el B posted:

Yo anybody playing Lawbreakers?!
lol even the division right now is a booming runaway blockbuster compared to Lawbreakers

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

i still love the division but even I won't defend its lovely benny hill sketch PVP

1.8 looks really good but unless they completely rework the movement system I'm not holding my breath for the pvp to be suddenly great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

On the bright side, there's probably going to be an opening in the Bungie art department soon

Can't wait until the fired Bungie guy does a podcast with the fired Google guy