Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Saros posted:

My forces overmatch you and you will not be able to stop us securing Titan space if we so desire."

We do not have the desire or means to retake Titan and I expect it will eventually be written off as a loss.

What say you goons, do we accept the offer or try our luck against the IC force?

:thunk:

gently caress em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

imo for battle markers each flagship should just have an massive ornate tapestry hanging in the captains quarters detailing each major conflict the fleets involved in. Pros: boss as gently caress, bomb rear end museum pieces. Cons: Multiple tapestries will need to be made to compensate for flagship attrition.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The ic needs to be dismantled entirely. Jupiter and uranus dont need to be owned by us or the earthers, but leaving the leaders and governmental structures of the IC intact is a poor idea at best. divy up isolated orbital structures/harvesting operations between us and the Earthers while letting major population centers referendum for their independence, lets balkanize the gently caress out of jupiter amd force earth to rely on diplomacy to keep uranus in their sphere

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

mcclay posted:

Clearly we must bring the revolution to the spaces between reality too! Workers of the dimensions unite, you have nothing to lose but your sanity!

the 4th interdimensional posadists supports summoning hastur to brimg sbkut the ultimste redistribution of capital

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

boom times for scientists coming up lol. Also yeaaaahhh lets start a crew rotation/quarintine protocol for jump ships.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

and when things get tough people immediatly turn on our voluntarily brainwormed comrads, shameful

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dine. We need to rebuild ships and infrastructure before we go against the UT. Assuming this isnt a case of their jump point going to the same place ours does we can use this to hurt their reputation with Titan and Uranus

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

xthetenth posted:

We should totally just play it as being no big deal that we have jump travel. Just no big deal for the superior Martian scientist.

"lmao we've had this poo poo for like 5 years whats the big deal?"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

Oh my god yes do this. And ask what they're doing in our ruins, and what they've done with our science team that was totally there and now isn't answering our hails :colbert:

"Why didnt you guys anounce it :psyduck:"

"Did you miss one of our moons getting blown up? Weve been busy bud"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Hybrid ships are good because they can form a solid detachment for striking secondary targets/raiding

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

it could also be reallllly bad internal squabble from the space illuminati.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Looks like we should see about those immigration reforms. Im sure theres gonna be bunch of people looking to get out of earth.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

sebmojo posted:

a war we were going to start because they were negotiating in a way we didn't approve of, haha

<3 you my +/- fanatical Mars buddies

thats how negotiations work yes. If you cant walk away from the table then theres no reason for the other party to offer good terms.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

boy howdy seems like a lot of folks on earth will be looking to relocate soon. sure would be a shame if someone offered them citizenship to a planet with luxury space communism and a robust social net (we reallllly need to work on the "fully automated" part of fully automated luxury space communism btw)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Well no my assumption is of course that their souls have been burned out and they are nothing but ambulatory husks, motivated by the ruinous powers.

But I'm trying not to be bad for morale.

OCD Behaviors:

counting
tapping
repeating certain words
chanting Babylonian in your sleep

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY1fVrI2NFQ

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

maybe the fart crabs are just an weaponized version of "monkeys in outer space"?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Cathode Raymond posted:

Just to be clear though, the Terran force camping the Nova Sol -> Pit JP should be able to prevail against the remaining three crab ships barring some horrible incompetence/perfidious UT cowardice, right?

probably. i imagine that without the nebula interference they can get better hit rates than us

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

VanSandman posted:

Yeah! gently caress the Lolbertarians!

they cant really complain either, the free market has a long history of favoring argumentum ad dreadnought over everything else.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

tatankatonk posted:

Didn't we kill 3 million people bombarding Titan

not people, capitalists

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Also that general strike on ceres seems worrying

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

Uh general strikes are extremely cool and good just on principle, and one on Ceres is extra cool and good.

The principle is good, the issue is whats causing it. We've been so focused on the fart crab issue that im not really sure how things are on the home front. After all this general strike could be for anything from "less authoritative govment" to "give us our 3 square meals a day you fucks".

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

wait is ceres one of ours or did the UT take it from the IC during the war?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

Ceres has been a UT colony forever. Way back during the Martian Revolution they tried to break free like we did but got jackbooted and have been an angry exploited Terran possession ever since.

Also, while it is yet further proof that this is all just Expanse fanfic, I don't think Saros does that on purpose.

oh okay for a moment their i was worried out state was going down the tubes

i;m thinking about those gun smugglers

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

I mean our state is also going down the tubes, violent crime has skyrocketed in the past year and Mars First has access to nukes. But we're not quite as hosed as Earth.

eh i just figure thats friction between the new comers and the folks who've been here a few generations. we already know earth born people get looked at sideways by martians and we've been bringing in a whole lot of them lately.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gonna own when folks learn the hard way that acccelerationism only works if its not your fault the train's heading right at you lol

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Send in the New Fleet this is gunboat diplomacy you dweebs, dont send in the old busted poo poo lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Plek posted:

At least it looks like they are just copying the engine, so those new fast BBs are probably dedicating a lot of space to engines and fuel... right?

Are we sure its our engines? They have been digging up some fancy poo poo.