Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.
BB18 was one of the best ever, how can you guys have forgotten? Here is my top ten best moments list so you can remember its greatness:

1.-10.:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.

STAC Goat posted:

Jess is useless. She just expects every one to do what she wants and melts down at the first sign of difficulty.

I think I see this every season. Some people can't see beyond their own wish to win the game and so don't seem to realize the other contestants want the same for themselves. If you want your opponents to help you win the game then you should do something like convince them that what you want is in their interests too. That's one reason I loved BB 10.

I seem to remember Paul acting offended last year because Frank campaigned to get himself off the block?

Faustian Bargain posted:

Why do people hate Paul? He said some pretty lovely stuff last year iirc, but otherwise he seems cool.

I was going to say you answered your own question, but also specifically Paul already had his chance to win last year. As in, he actually won the last HOH and could have picked for final two the player he was more likely to beat, but I think he considered it to be beneath him to let James get that far. I mean it was pretty much the opposite of Steve, who did not play the smartest game but knew not to take Vanessa to the end no matter how much she "deserved" it with her hard work.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

Mr. BT posted:

The first season I watched was the one with Vanessa. Which one is a good one to go back and check out? The one with Derrick?

I would say season 10, but the OP of the non-spoiler thread has a good list of suggestions: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824227&pagenumber=1#post473544682

(If you plan to watch multiple seasons, I would suggest saving 7 and 14 until you have also seen the returnees' original seasons.)

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

Your Taint posted:

Right now Elena is asking Mark "how do you suggest I gently caress my own rear end in a top hat?"

I just turned the feeds on. I don't know the context here. :stare:

edit: a bit later she says to mark "You should take it as a compliment that I have full faith that you can gently caress your own rear end in a top hat."

Excellent username/post combo.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

I think the reason backdooring only refers (or referred) to people who didn't play in veto is because, at one time, that was the only way it was ever done.

I found it very helpful when STAC explained the semantics a little bit last year:

STAC Goat posted:

They tried to boot Jase once or twice and he kept winning the POV so Nakomis was the first to come up with the "backdoor strategy" where they handpicked all six POV players and guaranteed Jase was screwed. That's when BB changed the rules so those last 3 picks are random.

So I guess the distinction was created when the rules changed and POV players started getting picked randomly, but it also kind of muddied the meaning of the jargon. I understand meanings can change over time, so if there are ever separate terms for different types of backdooring then I hope one of them is "six-finger plan" again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

the truth posted:

Bog Brother

Is this a typo, or is it a term I don't remember for Big Brother contestants? Google search results inconclusive but I did learn about some French twin celebrities. Thank you.

And I might watch the winter BB depending on who is or is not playing. At least the first episode. Not sure if thirteen without STAC are too many.

• Locked thread