Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Vegetable posted:

the chair and vice chair are milking this for themselves for all it's worth

Also I think Warner is dumping the cliff notes for the people who'll tune out after 30 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Comey is a hero for skipping reading out the statement.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

"The President chose to defame me and the FBI"

Good, good. Go on.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

THE PISS TAPE IS REAL

What did I miss? Is this just based on Comey going "I can't talk about that?"

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

So what you're saying is theres still hope for the piss tape?

Let's put it this way: Comey didn't say there isn't a piss tape. If the Steele dossier were bullshit Comey could've said it is.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Burr fished for the opportunity to say the Congressional investigation has to be halted for the Mueller investigation, Comey says "nah." :allears:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

bewbies posted:

why hasn't trump posted an incoherent tweet rant yet?

He's in a room full of lawyers. They'll dogpile him if he reaches for his phone.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Former FBI director calling the POTUS an incorrigible liar.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Volkerball posted:

Comey should've told HR about this.

He told Jeff Sessions. The AG's job is to prevent this sort of thing from happening. Sessions proceeded to have a memo drafted on why he should be fired.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Here we go, GOP flack number one.

Volkerball posted:

I'm starting to belief that this will be bigly.

Unfortunately we're in a unique political moment here. Any other moment and there's no way the administration survives.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

evilweasel posted:

man, risch's questioning was basically the definition of asking one question too many on cross-examination

That was a really funny oopsie. It went exactly the opposite way he wanted.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Was Rubio's implication back there that the POTUS is a toddler and it was Comey's job to discipline him?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Majorian posted:

Donny Jr.'s tweets obviously aren't as delicious as his dad's, but they'll have to do for now:

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/872829135487475712

Me, at a McDonald's: "I would like a milkshake, please."

Don Jr at the till: "Can you clarify. Do you wish to exchange a sum of money with this establishment in return for a frozen dairy product?"

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

LMAO every news site in Finland is having a live feed of this, even the tabloids

I'd say that means this matters at least a bit

People who never follow US politics and know me as the "crazy guy who cares about US politics" are asking me about it. It's insane.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

Good Christ, that's the straightest answer possible and this gently caress will do everything he can do to make it seem like nothing.

We already saw when the statement came out that the GOP flacks were out in force spinning the bits that were spinnable while the document itself was incredibly damning. The republic is dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Petri always delivers.

"I welcome this kind of examination because the American people have a right to know if their President is a crook. Well, as his lawyer, he's not a crook."

• Locked thread