Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
my main starter was stheno who's whatev I guess I mean she doesn't shine against all these skeletons I guess I just pressed the beserker on the friends list and snoozed through the prologue

then I realized I had enough for two ten pulls and got 5* saber lily and ruler jeane (also how to level)

did I luck out or are they garbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

if i was feeling vindictive i'd make a gif of using them to level up lu bu

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I have powerful gacha luck

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

gil sucks

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

maybe my opinions are spoiled by jeanne and support-grab hercules both basically being goku

but gil is garbo.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

it'd be great if shadow saber dropped this last piece

if jeanne is supposed to be the defensive one that doesn't hit to hard then I covet jeanne alter so, cuz she is on par with hercules

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Oriental Hugs posted:

Anybody have any luck running this on an emulator.

Yea, it works fine. There's a post for it on reddit.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Compendium posted:

Septem/Rome is a badly written chapter, but I think the boss battles are the only saving grace.

... <---- (Didn't do anything.)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Virtue posted:

I dunno I haven't found Jeanne's to be good for carrying. They hit like a wet noodle

she doesn't hit to hard in comparison to 5*, but she will outlive everyone else on the team and doesn't really give a poo poo about type advantage. She's incredibly reliable, you can just throw her in and expect Jeanne.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

jeanne is cool buy why does she take 3-4 characters word of items

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Nyaa posted:

Jeanne will be obsolete over time.

For the arrival of the greatest mistress

I mean it's still Jeanne

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I thought rulers could only be saints and other major catholic figures? Or is Sherlock also the pope?

PureRok posted:

I wish we had two threads. One for the West and one for JP, because it's getting difficult to tell who's talking about what.

If it's something cool and interesting it's JP.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Tae posted:

I thought Nero was pretty bad and I suspect it was partly the translation, because I played Extella a few days ago and she's more tolerable there. Probably helps that she isn't repeating the exact same lines over and over and over again followed by weird mmhmmm then ZOMBIE SOLDIERS every two minutes.

she shows up a few more times and I think the writing becomes a lot less INTERRUPTING MOOKS by then

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Orleans was better because a.) Jeanne is cool, actually and it also has such good characters as everyone you get except Sieg maybe and also all the baddies are cool. smh if you didn't think d'Eon and Martha getting feisty and rebellious was more interesting then the chronicles of umu; nero is the emperor, run around with her to discover the plot 200 ap later

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

im glad the game finally added tomoe gozen

Is this the first samurai that actually acts like a samurai (IE: no katana) and one of the few archers who actually uses a bow primarily

lead us to glory, you extremely well adjusted not crazy at all new archer

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Isn't she the best saber in NA right now?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Crasical posted:

Okay, so as I understand it, Nero's from an early Fate videogame (Hence her 100% saber ripoff-level) and kind of an eccentric weirdo.

But why 'Umu'?

Umu basically means "indeed," something that defines someone as haughty or noble.

Nero uses it as punctuation.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

The Arkham Horror boardgame night at Chaldea got to real.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I legit love that I guess the next storyline campaign for Fate is going from awh poo poo solomon-kinda-sorta is gonna destroy the world to awh poo poo, it's loving cthulhu

Assuming this isn't just a swerve.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Plutonis posted:

It's not even disrespectful, reading the Salem story stuff it's pretty clear that whoever wrote it knew their Mythos cause there's a lot of clues and refs

i mean it's fate usual that everything is actually surprisingly well researched and in depth beyond just a wikipedia article. The times it divulges from historic fact is usually directly referenced as "but the history books got this wrong" in setting.

except for japanese stuff, most of the japanese Servants are oni blooded for some reason. Even badass motherfucking Tomoe Gozen.

or a robot

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ComaPrison posted:

don’t take this the wrong way, but mordred is mostly unbearable to me. she usually behaves like a teenager with much more power than honor, sense, wisdom, or compassion. which i suppose fits in perfectly with her nasu lore in the events leading up to her death. completely unfit to be king. perfectly fit to be a failed and slain usurper of the throne

i mean she is like, what, eight

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I want Morgan in FGO so bad, she just shows up and is all

Yeah Artoria was a fuckwit and I'm an evil fae now, whatever

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I think Extella proved it is literally impossible to keep Liz down

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Speaking of Riders, the lady who literally rides into battle on sheep and her NP is the sheep

is an archer

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Bholder posted:

That's nice, will she actually do something in the story this time?

looks like just a little bit in part two

that is so tamamo

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

Oh my god like five of the top twitter trends in Japan right now are goddamn fuggo related

I am so hype but I need at least a little sleep

edit: For the curious, the text on the website apparently says something to the tune of "Accessing the network during interrogation is strictly forbidden. Chaldea employees, please wait in your designated rooms."

Clocktower has apparently shown up to take control of the operation now that it's not "needed."

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

How was this not Sure Promise

That's for someone else.

GO has some silly fan art and it's great

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Huh.

Looks like kid-vinci, director, spooky-dead-direct and resident doctor are all going to go on a road trip through super mario painting-worlds and start be ramping over anastasia and her owls

sometimes this game reads like some kid came out of history class and binged wikipedia and was all like "and then jehanne suplexed a dinosaur and then" and it owns

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

Don't forget about how the 7 class system was only in Fuyuki's Holy Grail rule system, not the standard basis of all Grail Wars.

Or maybe I'm misremembering that.

I think it was the Grail System =/= Throne of Heroes.

With the Throne more being meant for the sort of thing Chaldea actually runs as. (IE saving the world)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

she's a weird double class servant

which speaking of what even is her class here